Beat This! - July 28-29, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from July 28-29th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on July 28th at 12pm ET/EST, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for one day, on July 29th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=bthis

*Note: check out https://time.is/ to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: G-FUNK
Time Limit: 2 minutes
Vocal Track Allowed?: NO

• You must make a G-FUNK beat!
  • If you are not sure what G-FUNK is, ask in this thread.

===========
*NOTE: From now on there's a criteria called "vocal track allowed?". It will be yes or no. If it's "yes", this means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example). You can still have occasional vocal snippets (but don't rely on them too much).
===========

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favouritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2021072829.jpg

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Kill yourself.

And delete your account on the way out.

And be sure to hand in your Hip Hop membership card.
As for every "genre" theme, I'm expecting 20 very different definitions of G-Funk...
... some of them will be questionable as always.
Plus there's the usual "I'm currently trying to mix g-funk with neurobass" thing.

Love it already...

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
LOL I can already hear a ton of piano and Moog basslines.... (Nothing wrong with that by the way)

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Not planning on entering ha.
make it happen with @Fade than ;) I actually know a few dope dutch artists that work with G Funk alot, so if i can pull off a nice little beat i wanna send it over.

The reason I don't want to enter, is 'cause people be say/thinking "omg Iron Keys makes G Funk, this is the battle for him"

But I don't make G Funk. I just make Hip-Hop, that maybe might have a G Funk vibe.

People will be entering with the kind of beats if a pop producer was asked to make G Funk, just really cliché really gimmicky bastardised 'G Funk'. And that's what people will be voting for.

So I can guarantee anything I submit wouldn't even place.

I doubt the best ones will. Just the corny ones.

Hoping people do this theme justice.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Again I have to reference old DMC battles:

Each year whether it was regionals, nationals or finals, there was always 1 or 2 that REALLY stood out and it was a no-brainer. So if your beat is DOPE then it will win hands down. The problem on ILL is lots of time we have so many beats that are :fire: so it's hard to choose.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Again I have to reference old DMC battles:

Each year whether it was regionals, nationals or finals, there was always 1 or 2 that REALLY stood out and it was a no-brainer. So if your beat is DOPE then it will win hands down. The problem on ILL is lots of time we have so many beats that are :fire: so it's hard to choose.
Thats why I bring the water beats... cant have this place catching on fire, someones gotta bring the coolant!

I can see @LiveLargeBeats now!

ronald mcdonald clown GIF

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@Iron Keys Hip Hop began with being fresh, fly and bold so do you!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online