Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
You not gonna submit anymore?

Yeah, man. I'm done.

Don't think I have anything to gain or offer by doing so.

Think ive done 4 now, my first track was the worst of 'em all and placed. My latter tracks, this one especially, don't even get a mention or like, and this one was far better than any my submission and I actually like this one.

Even the tracks I vote for aren't placing - and I'm not even picking the random ones that sound like they come from non hiphop bgs.

So i think me, my sound, vibe or the way i hear music just might not be a fit for this place.

Yeah, man. I'm done.

Think ive done 4 now, my first track was the worst of 'em all and placed. My latter tracks, this one especially, don't even get a mention or like, and this one was far better than any my submission and I actually like this one.

Even the tracks I vote for aren't placing - and I'm not even picking the random ones that sound like they come from non hiphop bgs.

So i think me, my sound, vibe or the way i hear music just might not be a fit for this place.

seriously man, you dont have to fit into a mould, just do you. I have won 6 out of 29 beat this battles, just 6.
I won by sticking with it and not giving up. Just saying. I will also say that the more I do me, the more I win

Yeah, man. I'm done.

One thing you have to consider is that just because your beats didn't do as well as you thought it should have, doesn't mean that other people didn't think it wasn't good...you just have to find your groove...what, you think I was winning battles since I signed up here..Hell No!!! it took a minute and yeah I was going to say fuck this..but i stuck with it..then I figured it out...i had to stop worrying about what others think and go by how I really felt about my beats...and #1 rule stop worrying about winning..that creates so much negativity with your creativity...but you know what you can and can not do...so if you feel leaving here will make you better then..good luck and sorry to see you go

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Yeah, man. I'm done.

Man...i appreciate your presence on this forum...you may not enter into battles...thats fine by me...but thats not this place is all about... discussing music and producing with you was a real pleasure...i hope we continue to do that...

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Yeah, man. I'm done.

I feel the same sometimes... But I don't care. I submit my stuff. I have fun and I learn new things on my way.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
I feel the same sometimes... But I don't care. I submit my stuff. I have fun and I learn new things on my way.
exactly where I am.... but i got love for some of these dorks in here. Cross, 2G, Memento and even that weird kid Arvin.. and Fade has my sense of humor and he runs the place! (howd that happen!?) Ridllah seems about as cool as the other side of the pillow, I dig Crog for his basslines and i dig how laid back Deez is, even when hes flexin hes chill lol. Lots of folks on here that make me stick around and throw my garbage out cause one of these days I will almost come in right behind the second to last loser and then I will know I have made it and I can give this all up and walk away with my chin held high :brofist:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
One thing you have to consider is that just because your beats didn't do as well as you thought it should have, doesn't mean that other people didn't think it wasn't good...you just have to find your groove...what, you think I was winning battles since I signed up here..Hell No!!! it took a minute and yeah I was going to say fuck this..but i stuck with it..then I figured it out...i had to stop worrying about what others think and go by how I really felt about my beats...and #1 rule stop worrying about winning..that creates so much negativity with your creativity...but you know what you can and can not do...so if you feel leaving here will make you better then..good luck and sorry to see you go

I dunno, man. It's not really about winning or such, though of course that element has its role on people.

When I returned here I had several reasons or purposes to it. I feel some of those reasons have been satisfied, and some are why I might stick around a bit.

Same for BeatThis, had several reasons n purposes for doing so. Some of those purposes been answered or fulfilled, and then others I think that haven't been or perhaps can't/won't be.

So based on that, it's like what am I going to gain from entering? I dont think anything.
And similarly what does me entering have to offer others or the competition itself? Again I don't think anything.

So kinda leads me to feel there's no point.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Man...i appreciate your presence on this forum...you may not enter into battles...thats fine by me...but thats not this place is all about... discussing music and producing with you was a real pleasure...i hope we continue to do that...

Love, bro.

I probably stick around a bit, add some philosophies and knowledge here n there. But might just stay away from all music stuff

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Love, bro.

I probably stick around a bit, add some philosophies and knowledge here n there. But might just stay away from all music stuff
Just keep making beats Bro....your beats are ill. Period
F8011268-5B97-48BD-8DB3-86BD91782046.jpeg

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
That's big. I hope it gave you something good!

Lovedyour entry on this one... it creates images in my mind. Cinematic.
It did. And I have been on here taking about how I never vote for the winners and everything I usually vote for loses, etc. so we might be in the same boat. I mean @YannFer thought the strings were gimmicky. Peace to him. But I can choose to relate to that comment or to yours who felt what I was trying to achieve. I know I gambled on the drums!!!

I have liked whatever you’ve done that I am aware of. We need more people doing different shit. Even if it doesn’t catch on right away. I’d be sad if you left just because I know you are a unique voice. I haven’t been here long. I mean. Not in a serious way. Like I have the past few months. But eventually I’m going to get mine. A lot of my stuff isn’t battle oriented.But fuck it. Honestly. No one is going to hear a lot of my stuff otherwise so I take that as a benefit. If anything hang around the discord and shit.I guess it al depends on what you want. But don’t look at the battle results as the point.

Yeah, man. I'm done.

I like your work though, i also never placed for the longest time to all of a sudden winning the warzone, in fact, the stuff i submit for battles for attack of the beats etc are the ones i win in and not battle this tbh. I dnt think iv ever placed in battle this yet. Just keep improving your own skill bro and your own sound. I am now exploring synthwave and making it trap and i know yol younglins dnt even know what synthwave is but its for my own benefit.

seriously man, you dont have to fit into a mould, just do you. I have won 6 out of 29 beat this battles, just 6.
I won by sticking with it and not giving up. Just saying. I will also say that the more I do me, the more I win
Tell this man how long it took for me to win, i think at some point i even complained its mostly boop bap beats winning and i know fr warzone for the finals i used an old school beat for the win knowing what the majority likes. I think we just adapt and see the mood. I had goals , one to win a warzone where i go head to head with you just once. Accomplished, second, i need to win a beat this, which i will once i get the sound im looking for. Learn how to integrate sounds, like the flute beat i made for AOTB which also won. I am inpired by a lot of people here. Heard so many good stuff from Momento, you, Deez etc etc. All of you make good beats. Even the EDM one made me my bop my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online