Beat This! - June 17-18, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
dang, my 2 favorite ones overall i didn't vote for because I just didn't hear enough use of the samples. It was damn near a 3 way tie anyways, so it was more of a tie breaker. Looking forward to see who's these 3 are. Good luck.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
There are a lot of really good beats in this one, but some are nowhere near the theme. By just adding the siren or the announcement in your beat, that's not enough. The beat should reflect what the theme is which is the Purge!

You can't have a Purge siren and then be all mellow. The beat may sound nice but it doesn't make me want to go cut someone's head off and laugh about it in front of the surveillance camera while wearing my childhood clown mask.

Delta_Nine

F*** UR MIX
Ok, just gonna throw this out there, Memento, 2good, deez, Cross, Arvin and Riddlah etc... I am coming for you, gonna beat you easily in the challenges. Just thought you should know.

But dont worry, it'll be about 7 years, just thought I would give you a heads up cause I'm cool like that.

You're welcome (wheres the kissy face emoji fade!?)
Putting my name against deez, 2good and Cross is a compliment. Ty papp!!! And the beat you were describing isn't mine lmaoo. But than you tho....lol

Delta_Nine

F*** UR MIX
There are a lot of really good beats in this one, but some are nowhere near the theme. By just adding the siren or the announcement in your beat, that's not enough. The beat should reflect what the theme is which is the Purge!

You can't have a Purge siren and then be all mellow. The beat may sound nice but it doesn't make me want to go cut someone's head off and laugh about it in front of the surveillance camera while wearing my childhood clown mask.
I agree.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166

Maybe they haven't seen the movies... But also sound is subjective... My wife thought my beat was cute, what can I say.
I tried to explain many times : "major chords are happy [insert A major guitar strum here], you see ?... and minor chords are sad... [insert A minor guitar strum here]"...
She never got that.

Maybe they haven't seen the movies... But also sound is subjective... My wife thought my beat was cute, what can I say.
I tried to explain many times : "major chords are happy [insert A major guitar strum here], you see ?... and minor chords are sad... [insert A minor guitar strum here]"...
She never got that.
I only got about 20 mins into the first one before I got bored. But I understand the concept. The intro sample tells you all you need to know hahahaha

KongoRampoozy

Battle Points: 6
Ngl a little disappointed with this one...

All the beats were really good, but;

- about 85% of them sounded identical, like you all copied same YouTube tutorial and stock sounds
- a fair few were just really chill and made me think of relaxing sunset drives as opposed to a good killing
- some were more EDM
- respect to the guy who made an Afrobeats track tho haha

Good productions, illbrethren. But i feel I'll be voting for one of the ones I usually rule out first this time. :guillotine:
I went more EDM as I thought I could do something bouncy and bass heavy that way and thought it would be a little different

Status
Not open for further replies.