Beat This! - March 16-17, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from March 16-17th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on March 16th at around 8am ET, and end around 8pm ET. Voting will be for 1 day, on March 17th, where the results will be posted the same day.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: SAMPLE FLIP
  • You must sample this song: Kenny Rogers - "She Believes In Me"
  • You can use other sounds, but we must be able to hear what you sampled from the song.
  • Since this song has vocals in it, you can use THOSE vocals in your beat, not some other vocals.
  • This is the YouTube video of the song.
  • You can download it in MP3 format by using the Peggo site.
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Sponsor

This month, the competition will be sponsored by Greg Savage & DIY Music Biz, where the winner will get 1 on 1 consultation from industry insider Greg Savage on music licensing.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2016031617.png

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
UPDATE

I'm going to have to push the competition to the 18th. To all those that entered, please check your emails tonight.

There's an issue with the server and I want to make sure it's fixed before I go ahead with the competition.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
UPDATE

Okay so the signups are definitely closed. So I have most of the beats, but everyone check your email and see if I contacted you. I'm still waiting on a few.

I'll put the beats up tomorrow the 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.