Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ah not this fucking 2nd place business again! :cautious::rolleyes:

:woot:

Come on, own up - who forgot to vote for me this time?!
Very tight beat though.

Congrats to @Delta_Nine .

These "no theme" ones are always tough. I heard some real dope shit in this. Thumbs up to everyone!

Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Voting seemed to close real early today?
I already knew who I was voting for came back, results seem to be an hour or more earlier than usual?!

My vote was going to go on @Peal ! Just really liked the texture and them really blocky drums.
@EsquireMusic111 was really dope drums. Was a contendor for me, but I couldn't deal with 2 minutes of that pad. Got a bit much for me
@crog85 was real tasty as usual, but not as usual it had a much more chill vibe. Really liked this too. Travesty it didn't place.
@Mefisto Beats was good, reminds me of my 'Lion Pride' beat in the warzone. Feel it might have had slight 'bass music' vibes tho.
@Kane the MOD really loved this too. Maybe missed a small thing to take it absolutely top tier. But this is dope.
@Bolo Beats really loved the westcoast / new jack swing type vibes. a better mix would bring this to life!

anyone else want my feedback or thoughts, just @ me!

love

Mefisto Beats

SickFlow Records
Battle Points: 103
Plenty of dope beats this time around, it was a hard pick. My process is choosing top3 than nit-picking really.
My vote went to @Addictive Vibez mostly cause I listened lotta french rap lately and this beat suits perfectly fo some french spitters.
My other two picks (@Iron Keys and @InnerThug) ended up in runners up as well. Nice job to both of you.
Also congrats to @Delta_Nine. Its a dope beat and in the trap era, im glad oldschool took the W.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 835
@crog85 was real tasty as usual, but not as usual it had a much more chill vibe. Really liked this too. Travesty it didn't place.
Yea man, a lil different with the chill vibes, but I’ve had this beat for a while… Always liked it… No theme, so I figured why not throw it in, sometimes u never know how voting will go…

Just got home, so now gotta go listen to these beats!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yea man, a lil different with the chill vibes, but I’ve had this beat for a while… Always liked it… No theme, so I figured why not throw it in, sometimes u never know how voting will go…

Just got home, so now gotta go listen to these beats!
Yeah I think yours DID have some heavy bass.

Frees

Battle Points: 6
I already knew who I was voting for came back, results seem to be an hour or more earlier than usual?!

My vote was going to go on @Peal ! Just really liked the texture and them really blocky drums.
@EsquireMusic111 was really dope drums. Was a contendor for me, but I couldn't deal with 2 minutes of that pad. Got a bit much for me
@Mefisto Beats was good, reminds me of my 'Lion Pride' beat in the warzone. Feel it might have had slight 'bass music' vibes tho.
@Kane the MOD really loved this too. Maybe missed a small thing to take it absolutely top tier. But this is dope.
@Bolo Beats really loved the westcoast / new jack swing type vibes. a better mix would bring this to life!

love

love
@Bolo Beats The SOS flip was real nice. Didn't get get my vote but I enjoyed it.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Yeah well come back when any of you can make a whole beat with nothing more than a freaking one string bass and some drums.
Gonna go have a shit and every time a poo hits the water it will remind me of all yours lousy ass beats with your fancy all intact string instruments and what not
Stop Motion Love GIF by Mochimochiland

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Ok, I finally got some time to listen to what everybody uploaded, and I intend on posting feedback for everything. I'm going to do it like I usually do, and listen as I'm typing, and get my initial input and then go back and edit once I'm done the beat. I owe y'all that much at least for not even voting this time around. Right off the bat I can tell why I fell behind. Not that I expected to win at all hahaha, despite my shit talking. It's too fun not to. But, the point to this competition to me is to force me to make something above my normal and try my best to learn something new, so on that front I definitely succeeded in my own eyes. I can also see places where I fell short, particularly in the beginning of my entry, but elsewhere as well. I'm always bringing a butterknife to a gunfight, and I'm well aware of that.

@2GooD Productions Real simple, but well executed. I really like that bass. Whatever it is, I need it in my life.

@3mpireV I like it. Real grimy. Sounds disjointed in a dope way.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR From the vocal sample I was expecting something more up beat, it did not at all go the way I expected. Personally not my thing I don't think, particularly because the sound is so disonant and strange and it doesn't really mesh well with the vocal
chop in my opinion. Also when it comes to the Hi-Hat. Its too loud and up front for my liking compared to the rest of the drums.

@Addictive Vibez Damn, this comes in real nice. Has a cinematic quality to it. Everything fits perfectly. This one would have been a contender for my vote so far.

@Andrenergy Title definitely fits. A little too electronic-music-sounding for me, personally. For some reason I think Aphex twins when I hear this one, despite the drums not fitting that bill at all. I'd completely believe it was part of the sound track of Perfect Dark if someone showed me it in 2000. Either that or some dystopian cyberpunk movie. Nothing sounds wrong to me, just not something I'd listen to unless there was a vocal that I couldn't ignore over it.

@Bolo Beats This is pretty dope, I'm not sure how to put it properly, but theres a buzz to it that i don't think I'm a fan of, I would rather a slightly cleaner sound, if not entirely. Otherwise, I like what you have here.

@colossus I think this one suffers from bass-is-doing-too-much-itis. I don't think your sound choices are necessarily bad, they fit nicely for what they are, but the bass in particular should be equally as important in the rhythm of your beat as your drums, and being a beat that is already sparse with drums it doesn't really work. It doesn't fit everything else that's going on, and doesn't loop over particularly nicely. Sometimes less is more, you don't always have to have bass tones playing as well. Infact choosing places where the bass isn't there can have incredibly satisfying results.

@crog85 Already like it just on the intro. Sample choice is dope af. Now that I'm into the main beat, it's not particularly my thing, but the mix is super nice, and the 808 fits perfectly. Vocal chops are real nice. Definitely have no complaints from me, as per usual. Don't think I'd choose it over Addictive's just out of personal preference more than anything though.

@Delta_Nine I like it, everything sounds good. Some real interesting sound choices, but it wouldn't be my pick. I don't have any complaints, but I don't personally have anything that stands out.

@EsquireMusic111 Theres definitely something here with the sample. Has some 9th wonder tone that I can definitely pick up. Otherwise, I think the drums need a little something to spice it up, along with the bass.

@Face Valid This ones super different in a good way. The part in the middle where it drops and comes back with the changeup is really satisfying. Sound choice is on point, and the effect on the vocal works way better than it ought to for something so laid back.

@Frees Haha, for some reason hearing ODB on this beat was a shock to the system. Not sure it's up my alley, nothing sounds particularly wrong, just a little too trippy. I don't do hallucinogens anymore haha

@HollanDaze Were you currently in the middle of some intense espionage when you were making this one bro? I definitely like the high bassline riff was a nice, unexpected addition. I don't think I'd pick it as a front runner, but it makes me want to learn to parkour and carry a garrot wire on me at all times. Not even clowning you, even though it could be taken that way, Its just the immediate vibe i get off it.

@InnerThug Really dope sound selection, has a really satisfying switch between gritty and smooth tones. Also the effects work perfectly with it. Still not my favorite, particularly because its not generally what I'd listen to, but I'm definitely liking it.

@Iron Keys Fuck off, you did it again. I think you might have beaten Addictive here for my favorite. Right the fuck up my alley. That bassline tho. I'm going to have to go back and listen to take my pick. Yep, as of this point you've got the top spot in my eyes.

@Kane the MOD I like it. The way you cut it together with the silence between the quick chops works. No real complaints from me.

@Mefisto Beats Shit, the drop is real nice. The sample choice is on point. I don't really have any other input otherwise. Like alot of the beats in this one, I can't really put my finger on any constructive criticism on this one..

@Peal I like it. What you have here works, I think my only issue with it is that its pretty simple, there isn't a lot to it other than just being a loop of a couple sounds and some drums. What you have here is dope, but it could be more than it is with a little extra flavor dotted about. It needs something to change it up.

@Ruff Dug Yep, I like whats going on here already. I'd have to say though, similar to Peal's, albeit less so, it needs a little something to keep it interesting. The main loop could do with something to keep it from getting stale. Don't think it needs much, and I couldn't begin to tell you what I'd like to hear, nor should I, but it definitely could use something.

@Shinobu diamxnd I like it for what it is. I think if I had anything to say it seems almost thrown together, and with a dope sample like that, I'd be hesitant to say its a contender, especially the way it drops off immediately. The pieces are there, but I don't think the effort was persay. I'd definitely put it up there in the top of the list if there was more to it.

@sicalbeats Name definitely fits. Really like the vocal. Another one that doesn't fit my taste, though. Having said that, I can't really find anything to point out that's wrong.

@Silentz Not my thing either. I'd like to put some effort into saying what I think, but I really don't have much to say about this one. I can't pick out glaring issues, but I also can't hear anything that makes it stand out.

@SoberMindedMuzk Really dig the intro. I think the repeated sections go a bit too uncomfortably long, particularly because whatever the instrument is making the buzzing sound is a bit harsh on the ears, and it's especially harsh when its repeating the way it does in those parts. I'll be damned if I don't like the transitions though.

@Vossi Beats Yeah, I like it. You definitely did it with the 1 string, I think it could use a changeup or two though. Having said that, drums fit perfectly. Not much else to say.

Jesus there were a lot of entries this time around. I'd like to have been able to give more constructive criticism on this one, but quite a few of em I was at a loss on what to say in that regard. Didn't think it would take me almost two hours to go through everything though. I fully intended to watch a couple episodes of something before bed, but here I am.
Dope turnout though, having said that. Also, I can already picture @Iron Keys saying something cocky about me saying his beat is my favorite in the lineup hahaha

Last edited:

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN

love

Ok, I finally got some time to listen to what everybody uploaded, and I intend on posting feedback for everything. I'm going to do it like I usually do, and listen as I'm typing, and get my initial input and then go back and edit once I'm done the beat. I owe y'all that much at least for not even voting this time around. Right off the bat I can tell why I fell behind. Not that I expected to win at all hahaha, despite my shit talking. It's too fun not to. But, the point to this competition to me is to force me to make something above my normal and try my best to learn something new, so on that front I definitely succeeded in my own eyes. I can also see places where I fell short, particularly in the beginning of my entry, but elsewhere as well. I'm always bringing a butterknife to a gunfight, and I'm well aware of that.

@2GooD Productions Real simple, but well executed. I really like that bass. Whatever it is, I need it in my life.

@3mpireV I like it. Real grimy. Sounds disjointed in a dope way.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR From the vocal sample I was expecting something more up beat, it did not at all go the way I expected. Personally not my thing I don't think, particularly because the sound is so disonant and strange and it doesn't really mesh well with the vocal
chop in my opinion. Also when it comes to the Hi-Hat. Its too loud and up front for my liking compared to the rest of the drums.

@Addictive Vibez Damn, this comes in real nice. Has a cinematic quality to it. Everything fits perfectly. This one would have been a contender for my vote so far.

@Andrenergy Title definitely fits. A little too electronic-music-sounding for me, personally. For some reason I think Aphex twins when I hear this one, despite the drums not fitting that bill at all. I'd completely believe it was part of the sound track of Perfect Dark if someone showed me it in 2000. Either that or some dystopian cyberpunk movie. Nothing sounds wrong to me, just not something I'd listen to unless there was a vocal that I couldn't ignore over it.

@Bolo Beats This is pretty dope, I'm not sure how to put it properly, but theres a buzz to it that i don't think I'm a fan of, I would rather a slightly cleaner sound, if not entirely. Otherwise, I like what you have here.

@colossus I think this one suffers from bass-is-doing-too-much-itis. I don't think your sound choices are necessarily bad, they fit nicely for what they are, but the bass in particular should be equally as important in the rhythm of your beat as your drums, and being a beat that is already sparse with drums it doesn't really work. It doesn't fit everything else that's going on, and doesn't loop over particularly nicely. Sometimes less is more, you don't always have to have bass tones playing as well. Infact choosing places where the bass isn't there can have incredibly satisfying results.

@crog85 Already like it just on the intro. Sample choice is dope af. Now that I'm into the main beat, it's not particularly my thing, but the mix is super nice, and the 808 fits perfectly. Vocal chops are real nice. Definitely have no complaints from me, as per usual. Don't think I'd choose it over Addictive's just out of personal preference more than anything though.

@Delta_Nine I like it, everything sounds good. Some real interesting sound choices, but it wouldn't be my pick. I don't have any complaints, but I don't personally have anything that stands out.

@EsquireMusic111 Theres definitely something here with the sample. Has some 9th wonder tone that I can definitely pick up. Otherwise, I think the drums need a little something to spice it up, along with the bass.

@Face Valid This ones super different in a good way. The part in the middle where it drops and comes back with the changeup is really satisfying. Sound choice is on point, and the effect on the vocal works way better than it ought to for something so laid back.

@Frees Haha, for some reason hearing ODB on this beat was a shock to the system. Not sure it's up my alley, nothing sounds particularly wrong, just a little too trippy. I don't do hallucinogens anymore haha

@HollanDaze Were you currently in the middle of some intense espionage when you were making this one bro? I definitely like the high bassline riff was a nice, unexpected addition. I don't think I'd pick it as a front runner, but it makes me want to learn to parkour and carry a garrot wire on me at all times. Not even clowning you, even though it could be taken that way, Its just the immediate vibe i get off it.

@InnerThug Really dope sound selection, has a really satisfying switch between gritty and smooth tones. Also the effects work perfectly with it. Still not my favorite, particularly because its not generally what I'd listen to, but I'm definitely liking it.

@Iron Keys Fuck off, you did it again. I think you might have beaten Addictive here for my favorite. Right the fuck up my alley. That bassline tho. I'm going to have to go back and listen to take my pick. Yep, as of this point you've got the top spot in my eyes.

@Kane the MOD I like it. The way you cut it together with the silence between the quick chops works. No real complaints from me.

@Mefisto Beats Shit, the drop is real nice. The sample choice is on point. I don't really have any other input otherwise. Like alot of the beats in this one, I can't really put my finger on any constructive criticism on this one..

@Peal I like it. What you have here works, I think my only issue with it is that its pretty simple, there isn't a lot to it other than just being a loop of a couple sounds and some drums. What you have here is dope, but it could be more than it is with a little extra flavor dotted about. It needs something to change it up.

@Ruff Dug Yep, I like whats going on here already. I'd have to say though, similar to Peal's, albeit less so, it needs a little something to keep it interesting. The main loop could do with something to keep it from getting stale. Don't think it needs much, and I couldn't begin to tell you what I'd like to hear, nor should I, but it definitely could use something.

@Shinobu diamxnd I like it for what it is. I think if I had anything to say it seems almost thrown together, and with a dope sample like that, I'd be hesitant to say its a contender, especially the way it drops off immediately. The pieces are there, but I don't think the effort was persay. I'd definitely put it up there in the top of the list if there was more to it.

@sicalbeats Name definitely fits. Really like the vocal. Another one that doesn't fit my taste, though. Having said that, I can't really find anything to point out that's wrong.

@Silentz Not my thing either. I'd like to put some effort into saying what I think, but I really don't have much to say about this one. I can't pick out glaring issues, but I also can't hear anything that makes it stand out.

@SoberMindedMuzk Really dig the intro. I think the repeated sections go a bit too uncomfortably long, particularly because whatever the instrument is making the buzzing sound is a bit harsh on the ears, and it's especially harsh when its repeating the way it does in those parts. I'll be damned if I don't like the transitions though.

@Vossi Beats Yeah, I like it. You definitely did it with the 1 string, I think it could use a changeup or two though. Having said that, drums fit perfectly. Not much else to say.

Jesus there were a lot of entries this time around. I'd like to have been able to give more constructive criticism on this one, but quite a few of em I was at a loss on what to say in that regard. Didn't think it would take me almost two hours to go through everything though. I fully intended to watch a couple episodes of something before bed, but here I am.
Dope turnout though, having said that. Also, I can already picture @Iron Keys saying something cocky about me saying his beat is my favorite in the lineup hahaha
For the record I like the shit talk, it keeps me on my toes, so it's nothing but love from here!

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Oh forgot to write to you @Iron Keys.
What the fuck bro? One of the things I look forward to the most in these battles is afterwards when you tell me how much you liked my shit, so you can imagine my surprise when there was no high praise this time around. Almost hurt my feelings. Haha jk, I know very well I didnt bring it 100% for this one, just wanted to make something simple and show everyone that sometimes one string is enough to make some heads bop. Congrats on the almost win brother!

Congrats to @Delta_Nine on the win and runners up!

@Addictive Vibez got my vote, absolute epic production, from sample and beat all round atmosphere! One man and his sword versus a whole army, let’s have it!

1648199788394.jpeg

What a turn out though people :clap: I honestly struggled to decide on a winner and by that I mean a good 6 beats almost had my vote. Take nothing away from winner but for me it could of been many, give yourselves a pat on the back, superb BEAT THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online