Beat This! - March 9-10, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
First thing you need to learn when making boom bap is fixing your transients, so the drums smack HARD through in the mix!
And never allow your samples/instruments to sit above the drums. Kick and snare must be the kings of the track and everything else follows their lead!
That is litterally why it's called boom bap. Boom = Kick, Bap = Snare
So what are you doing to your transients to fix them?

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
So what are you doing to your transients to fix them?
Depends on what needs to be done. When speaking of drums(especially kick and snare) you want that pop. So not to much compression or release/sustain but max on the attack. Of course you can't forget about getting the EQ right either, to make everything sit right in the mix, so the transients, sidechaining and what else you may have going on compliments each other rather than work against each other. Otherwise mastering will be a bitch.

But you already know this, so why did you ask?

Battle Points: 4
Kanye West Shrug GIF
90's kid was the greatest of all time haha, that was my pick but good contest folks was fun, i'm going back to the lab!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I voted for @isaacbrighteyes really loved the vibeee.

Reminds me of a beat you might see in like, when they do a documentary about some legendary basketball player, or team or whoever, and this plays as part of the uplifting vibes. Real vibey.

Only thing I didn't like was the kung fu samples... don't get it twisted, I love kung fu samples. But I think maybe they're more suited to aggressive/dark beats.

Beat was a vibe though, nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online