Beat This! - March 9-10, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I'm curious as to the votes for bangerz when it's not even Boom Bap.
The sample technique sounded rocafella dipset like. Before the drums dropped I could see new era hats and oversized throwback jerseys

Da Archangels

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 209
I'm curious as to the votes for bangerz when it's not even Boom Bap.

I'm happy with my beat.

Quite surprised no one was feeling it tbh.
Your beat was def dope and had great chops...it was just that the swing of the hats created a bounce that wasn't boom bap and I didn't hear any bassline. Def a hard beat tho regardless.

Bangerz beat might have been my favorite, but I couldn't vote for it because it wasn't boom bap (to me).

These are classic examples of boom bap (all produced by Premo):

Gangstarr - Mass Appeal

Heather B - Steady Rockin

Royce da 5'9" - Boom

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Your beat was def dope and had great chops...it was just that the swing of the hats created a bounce that wasn't boom bap and I didn't hear any bassline. Def a hard beat tho regardless.

'ppreciate you, brother.

Yeah I was in two minds. I thought it sounded bappy enough to me. Next time this theme arises i'll just go full Preemo (if possible ha.) I was going for that slightly dilla vibe swing.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I just still don't understand some of the votes on here. It's either Boom Bap or not, it's not about a certain style of swing or whether the beat sounds like something you'd listen to while shopping at the dollar store in a seedy part of town. Boom Bap or bust. If no one can tell what's Boom Bap or not, what are we really doing here?

Fall Down Baby Boomers GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I just still don't understand some of the votes on here. It's either Boom Bap or not, it's not about a certain style of swing or whether the beat sounds like something you'd listen to while shopping at the dollar store in a seedy part of town. Boom Bap or bust. If no one can tell what's Boom Bap or not, what are we really doing here?

Fall Down Baby Boomers GIF
regarding mine, and what i voted for... do you consider these boombap?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Damn.

How many in total you counting? (don't have to name 'em)
I'd have to go through them again but the top 5 is good. There's a few others that had the theme but just didn't place. I just don't think most people took the theme seriously, just like the previous Trap one. Maybe everyone is going through a midlife crisis right now?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I'd have to go through them again but the top 5 is good. There's a few others that had the theme but just didn't place. I just don't think most people took the theme seriously, just like the previous Trap one. Maybe everyone is going through a midlife crisis right now?

Damn. I tried. Genuinely. I was just trying to have fun with my beat, make it a beat for beat's sake. Like battle bap. Heck, I made the effort to do sampling for it too! Beat it all out on the pads!
I made two others before it and ruled them out as 'not being boom bap enough'. So the effort was there.

But yeah, I was a little surprised with the trap one. Maybe a little surprised here? Felt most did try maybe. Feels i dunno. Maybe people over-thought it.

Guaranteed next beat this there'll be pure dope boombap in there by the truckload :LOL:

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
I hate to say it because Illmuzik is more... But there's nothing better than the aftermath after a 'Themed' Beat This

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
@Fade imo I do think people are trying their best. This just shows these styles 'Trap', 'Boom Bap', 'Reggae' aren't as simple to make as they sound. When you dont listen to it on a regular basis, It takes some time to get the feel for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.