Beat This! - May 18-19, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
congrats @Armani gonna listen to who did what during supper and post some feedbacks...

3 devices now and i can't get the beats to playback.. so i can't really say what's what...

StoneLockProd

New to the site
OKay. @Armani .. yep you had the one.. That shit was absolute fire top to bottom. It wasn't the one I thought was yours but i haven't been listening to y'all long enough to be THAT dialed in.

@Iron Keys stop playing dummy.. your shit was No. 2 in my lineup. I actually thought maybe it was Arm's with the strings dialed in like that. Very nice play back and forth on the keys and the orch's . Yeah, it was a bit sparse sounding, but not too much. Gave room. The kick was weak. That's about all too negative to say.

@DPrezd Beggar bruh... this was sick. i was going to say, try to give it more of a hip hop feel. But, the guitars and shit were cool.. very rock. You were tied for 3 in my lineup. Cool SFX and vocal clips in there. Put together nice and had a whole song feel to it.. Prolly not too many people's taste so didn't place.. but fuck them. If ranked voting was a thing.. it'd be up there. At least for me.. it's my taste.

@Mefisto Beats I think this was right up there on my top 5. Very dope. Just too chill and laid back for me to give it the ultimate nod. But, if it came to it.. it'd be a track that someone could murder a verse on. Not a fan of the kick choice. Or the bass. It's pretty much monotone and doesn't help propel the rhythm section.. maybe that is part why i don't like the drums overall. .

@Tarboosh Record feel like your low end was a sample? IDK sounds off like you used the sample and low pass filtered it, but it has some mids that don't sound good on their own. Decent enough sample beat for something chill. Just not too exciting.

@Vossi Beats The drums man.. Just too out of pocket.. it was cool what you were going for, i think you just missed by a tad. Otherwise, the beat was sounding real interesting. Maybe pick up the BPM a bit too. I'm getting sleepy. Lol. That's not really a crticism, just a personal preference.

Okay, I'm getting errors on the rest of these. but at least some of them loaded up. SLap back with that feedback y'all.

Peace.

OKay. @Armani .. yep you had the one.. That shit was absolute fire top to bottom. It wasn't the one I thought was yours but i haven't been listening to y'all long enough to be THAT dialed in.

@Iron Keys stop playing dummy.. your shit was No. 2 in my lineup. I actually thought maybe it was Arm's with the strings dialed in like that. Very nice play back and forth on the keys and the orch's . Yeah, it was a bit sparse sounding, but not too much. Gave room. The kick was weak. That's about all too negative to say.

@DPrezd Beggar bruh... this was sick. i was going to say, try to give it more of a hip hop feel. But, the guitars and shit were cool.. very rock. You were tied for 3 in my lineup. Cool SFX and vocal clips in there. Put together nice and had a whole song feel to it.. Prolly not too many people's taste so didn't place.. but fuck them. If ranked voting was a thing.. it'd be up there. At least for me.. it's my taste.

@Mefisto Beats I think this was right up there on my top 5. Very dope. Just too chill and laid back for me to give it the ultimate nod. But, if it came to it.. it'd be a track that someone could murder a verse on. Not a fan of the kick choice. Or the bass. It's pretty much monotone and doesn't help propel the rhythm section.. maybe that is part why i don't like the drums overall. .

@Tarboosh Record feel like your low end was a sample? IDK sounds off like you used the sample and low pass filtered it, but it has some mids that don't sound good on their own. Decent enough sample beat for something chill. Just not too exciting.

@Vossi Beats The drums man.. Just too out of pocket.. it was cool what you were going for, i think you just missed by a tad. Otherwise, the beat was sounding real interesting. Maybe pick up the BPM a bit too. I'm getting sleepy. Lol. That's not really a crticism, just a personal preference.

Okay, I'm getting errors on the rest of these. but at least some of them loaded up. SLap back with that feedback y'all.

Peace.
Thanks

You're joking :LOL:

Mine was absolute garbage man, didn't deserve to be there. Someone got robbed. I think Mahlhavoc got robbed.

Who even voted for this?
Funny that's exactly what I thought...

Nah nah jokes aside, it'd have been good even if u hadn't placed. U said you're on your experimental phase so we wouldnt get what you're trying to do until u master that shit. It means you're evolvinggggg yk. Take a break from your expectationsssss

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Thanks, G, but i think its alright like that, since it was just a hommage to a Command & Conquer soundtrack i felt like making. Only real work i put in was to make it all fit with the drums n shit (was tedious af). But yeah.
Thats why i left the intro unedited, so ppl instantly recognize what it is.

Heres the original.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Thanks, G, but i think its alright like that, since it was just a hommage to a Command & Conquer soundtrack i felt like making. Only real work i put in was to make it all fit with the drums n shit (was tedious af). But yeah.

Heres the original.

Oh. I didn’t know what it was from. Was going to ask how you did the guitars. Guess you answered that

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238

Heres the original.

I recignized it right away and thought it was a cool beat! Nice trip down memory lane with the CnC soundtrack.

@crog85 got my vote. Really nice beat and the snare was so crisp

Congrats @Armani on the win

Im Out GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Funny that's exactly what I thought...

Nah nah jokes aside, it'd have been good even if u hadn't placed. U said you're on your experimental phase so we wouldnt get what you're trying to do until u master that shit. It means you're evolvinggggg yk. Take a break from your expectationsssss
Nah this isn't my experimental shit this was just "random Hip-Hop beat". Like I said I weren't really even trying with this just pissing about. It's a garbage beat.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.

Haha nah man it wasn't even a proper beat.
The kick didn't seem weak to me, and I'm very fussy about kicks... I think you might be thinking of the crush sound; I only have 2 kicks per bar iirc. Did sometimes think the crush/stomp would sound like a weak kick.

It was just a 1 of 1 take, and not even like a 'proper' attempt. Like I've said not been making Hip-Hop for 2 weeks now so was just a beat for beat's sake.

'ppreciate you.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
@Vossi Beats and @Mahlhavoc deserved to be in top 5 above mine imho.

Only thing I wasn't keen on in vossi's beat was the drum break, just a bit too much for the beat I thought. OMG I JUST HEARD MARVIN THE MARTIAN <3

big.
I actually really liked my drums and also thought the beat was one of the best, but the voters didn't and that's that. No point in dwelling on what could have been. And I almost got run over by a van earlier, so not winning a battle doesn't seem that big of a deal compared to nearly being crushed to death with no warning what so ever. One moment you are alive and seconds later nothing more than a pile of mush on the side of the road.

Thank you for noticing Marvin though, that makes it all worth my while lol :LOL:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I actually really liked my drums and also thought the beat was one of the best, but the voters didn't and that's that. No point in dwelling on what could have been. And I almost got run over by a van earlier, so not winning a battle doesn't seem that big of a deal compared to nearly being crushed to death with no warning what so ever. One moment you are alive and seconds later nothing more than a pile of mush on the side of the road.

Thank you for noticing Marvin though, that makes it all worth my while lol :LOL:
I don't think the drums aren't good I think it was a great beat... if I hadn't voted for Mahlhavoc I would have voted for yours. The drum break sounds really good, I just think it's rhythm or energy didnt fully match with the beat in the way I'd like it to.

Great beat, brother.

Also, yeah don't get run over. Not placing isn't ill, but getting squished by vehicles also isn't ill.

Love.

@Iron Keys :ROFLMAO: it’s not a garbage beat, it’s creative and sounds good. I like the way it flows with the beat and instruments plus the vocal snippet’ fit nice too. I think that’s why @Armani mentioned your experimental stage as it sounds creative and experimental and it works even if you don’t rate it yourself (y)

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Top 5 were, in no particular order, @crog85, @Vossi Beats , @Iron Keys, @Face Valid and @Armani . This shit is sounding on repeat ya'll, can ya give a brother a small lane so I can slip into a placement!?

@crog85 yeah, you showed em trap folks aren't one dimensional and now they are shook. Good shit bro, the drum line to the sound choices, nice work.
@Iron Keys you already know
@Vossi Beats DUDE, so crisp and clean, nice drum work on all but the closed hat, needed it a lil lower in the mix. I think I might of kicked out a kick in there, but it's dope... I mean, it's not the beat itself that got me, it was too low key for myself, it's like what YOU did.
@Armani wtf ever boi
Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

nah, good shit bro, nice beat all around. Loved the snare and shaker and even that dumbass mid eastern terrorism vibe shit, nice production.

@Face Valid liked it, shoulda left snoop out though, I have done shit like this before and knew it was the chops that people didn't dig. Defo had that Dre type vibe though, I'd bump it. Good shit imo.

Last edited:

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
@Armani - Dope AF vibe, nice drums and the synth melody goes perfectly down with everything. Nice energy overall.

@crog85 - productionwise very nice and dope, but for my personal taste it sounds too sad to be a "swift wit da nine" banger. Piano could ve been more gritty imo.

@ck beat - Soft ass vibe, the hats were too attention drawing imo and the drums too repetitive. Not a bad beat.

@Iron Keys - Dope beat, i actually cant say anymore if i voted for you or Armani, what i know is that yours and his were the beats i jumped between to make a decision. Wish you would ve mixed up the snares a bit, maybe with velocity or even another sample that kinda sounds like the others in vibe. Anyways, great beat, stop bitching about it.

@StoneLockProd - Dope drums, soft ass track, not my cup of tea, but production wise pretty solid. Keep it up, G.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR - Waaaay to repetitive imo and feels like the different elements in the beat hate eachother more than work together. Keep going and drop a banger next time.

@Face Valid - Dope stuff, almost had the West Coast vibe for me but something just didnt want to click, at first listen i was like, mhhh dang, at the second listen it kinda became flat and was missing something. Still a solid beat tho.

@Mahlhavoc - Bruuuh, the drums n shit were TIGHT! if you only had used a solid melody with high tension and energy to back it up... Sad life mang, felt like a mother drowning her child. Keep the drums and make something real banging as a melody and it will be DOPE AF! You almost had it, but gassed out a few steps before the finishing line. Next time!

@Mefisto Beats - Best intro sample ever, nice elements in there but the hats gave me kinda headache, too penetrative imo. Beat has nice energy but felt too overloaded at some points with all dem FX going on.

@Tarboosh Record - Nice idea, too soft for my taste but bruuuuh you choked out the whole essence of the samples, its like a hooker calling for help when a mad customer has his hands around her neck squeezing the soul out. Dont be afraid to crank up shit.

@Vossi Beats - Solid beat, DOPE af drums, thought about voting but then that fkin vocal came in and i was like....MAN WHYYYYYYYYY?! Keep going, you got everything down to make top 3 bangers.

Congrats @Armani, I wasnt about for the battle but just played the winning track. Dope, its a mashup of hip hip, rock and middle eastern feel. I havent heard the others yet so cant say if it deserved to win, but looks like you were busy while you were away. Nice work. As for points, I only have to win a few warzones to get my points up lol. I do keep intending to upload to some of the other battles but never do, and they are so few and far between with few points that I dont really bother with them tbh.
I hardly ever win beat this, I know where my strengths are.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Top 5 were, in no particular order, @crog85, @Vossi Beats , @Iron Keys, @Face Valid and @Armani . This shit is sounding on repeat ya'll, can ya give a brother a small lane so I can slip into a placement!?

@crog85 yeah, you showed em trap folks aren't one dimensional and now they are shook. Good shit bro, the drum line to the sound choices, nice work.
@Iron Keys you already know
@Vossi Beats DUDE, so crisp and clean, nice drum work on all but the closed hat, needed it a lil lower in the mix. I think I might of kicked out a kick in there, but it's dope... I mean, it's not the beat itself that got me, it was too low key for myself, it's like what YOU did.
@Armani wtf ever boi
Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

nah, good shit bro, nice beat all around. Loved the snare and shaker and even that dumbass mid eastern terrorism vibe shit, nice production.

@Face Valid liked it, shoulda left snoop out though, I have done shit like this before and knew it was the chops that people didn't dig. Defo had that Dre type vibe though, I'd bump it. Good shit imo.
Thank you sir. Mighty kind!
@Armani - Dope AF vibe, nice drums and the synth melody goes perfectly down with everything. Nice energy overall.

@crog85 - productionwise very nice and dope, but for my personal taste it sounds too sad to be a "swift wit da nine" banger. Piano could ve been more gritty imo.

@ck beat - Soft ass vibe, the hats were too attention drawing imo and the drums too repetitive. Not a bad beat.

@Iron Keys - Dope beat, i actually cant say anymore if i voted for you or Armani, what i know is that yours and his were the beats i jumped between to make a decision. Wish you would ve mixed up the snares a bit, maybe with velocity or even another sample that kinda sounds like the others in vibe. Anyways, great beat, stop bitching about it.

@StoneLockProd - Dope drums, soft ass track, not my cup of tea, but production wise pretty solid. Keep it up, G.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR - Waaaay to repetitive imo and feels like the different elements in the beat hate eachother more than work together. Keep going and drop a banger next time.

@Face Valid - Dope stuff, almost had the West Coast vibe for me but something just didnt want to click, at first listen i was like, mhhh dang, at the second listen it kinda became flat and was missing something. Still a solid beat tho.

@Mahlhavoc - Bruuuh, the drums n shit were TIGHT! if you only had used a solid melody with high tension and energy to back it up... Sad life mang, felt like a mother drowning her child. Keep the drums and make something real banging as a melody and it will be DOPE AF! You almost had it, but gassed out a few steps before the finishing line. Next time!

@Mefisto Beats - Best intro sample ever, nice elements in there but the hats gave me kinda headache, too penetrative imo. Beat has nice energy but felt too overloaded at some points with all dem FX going on.

@Tarboosh Record - Nice idea, too soft for my taste but bruuuuh you choked out the whole essence of the samples, its like a hooker calling for help when a mad customer has his hands around her neck squeezing the soul out. Dont be afraid to crank up shit.

@Vossi Beats - Solid beat, DOPE af drums, thought about voting but then that fkin vocal came in and i was like....MAN WHYYYYYYYYY?! Keep going, you got everything down to make top 3 bangers.
Man don't be hatin on Marvin the Martian he might hear you and zapp yo ass with the dick shrinking laser beam

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online