Beat This! - May 18-19, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Even if it was a whole GDI Ion Cannon id still be walking around with 3 legs. Just sayin.
Mf Doom Rap GIF by Gunpowder & Sky
Law And Order Drama GIF by ION Mystery

Congrats @Armani, I wasnt about for the battle but just played the winning track. Dope, its a mashup of hip hip, rock and middle eastern feel. I havent heard the others yet so cant say if it deserved to win, but looks like you were busy while you were away. Nice work. As for points, I only have to win a few warzones to get my points up lol. I do keep intending to upload to some of the other battles but never do, and they are so few and far between with few points that I dont really bother with them tbh.
I hardly ever win beat this, I know where my strengths are.
Thanks, awesome to hear u liked it, and Man it's so weird how when I was away I made some of my best stuff ever. maybe being around on the internet n stuff kinda affects the overall quality of our productions? idk. I'd say y'all should defo try it tho, I loved the experience personally even tho I ended up cheating on my hiatus...

also as long as my exams let me I'll run for the warzone #2s to minimize the damage too lol. my real goal is hitting ur 422 points in a single season record tho (also maybe winning the battle that). that 2019/20 run was fucking phenomenal, if I beat that then I'll probably be pretty much done here, I'll just come around for feedback n occasional battles n shit. and ofc every battle that. and maybe for the 1k points. ok I think I have a problem-

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys stop playing dummy.. your shit was No. 2 in my lineup. I actually thought maybe it was Arm's with the strings dialed in like that. Very nice play back and forth on the keys and the orch's . Yeah, it was a bit sparse sounding, but not too much. Gave room. The kick was weak. That's about all too negative to say.
My top 3:
@Armani
@Iron Keys
@Mefisto Beats
@Iron Keys :ROFLMAO: it’s not a garbage beat, it’s creative and sounds good. I like the way it flows with the beat and instruments plus the vocal snippet’ fit nice too. I think that’s why @Armani mentioned your experimental stage as it sounds creative and experimental and it works even if you don’t rate it yourself (y)
@Iron Keys - Dope beat, i actually cant say anymore if i voted for you or Armani, what i know is that yours and his were the beats i jumped between to make a decision. Wish you would ve mixed up the snares a bit, maybe with velocity or even another sample that kinda sounds like the others in vibe. Anyways, great beat, stop bitching about it.

You're all definitely having a fucking laugh.

I've listened to it back today, the beat and the mix are absolutely terrible lmao.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
You're all definitely having a fucking laugh.

I've listened to it back today, the beat and the mix are absolutely terrible lmao.
Either you re just having some autism attack rn, you feel like your stuff has always to be top notch supa max studio quality, or else its shit or you re just trying to get ppl to compliment you nonstop, for whatever reason.

Your beat was good, and if you dont believe any of us that are telling you, then be it.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
This.

But it don't even sound at 'really decent' quality. Sounds subpar to me. I dunno. Just being 100.
Cant speak for others, im just listening shit through my 20 bucks gaming headset and it sounds good to me as a listener, since that how i always rate beats, as a listener.

If you want that superb quality then put in the work. You said yourself you didnt even try, then do it next time.

can i get some feedback on the mix though?

Not that I even mixed it, but.
Lmao I can't believe the tomfuckery of a paradoxical day has came where I'M the one who says this but...

Maybe you're overthinking?

I mean the mix. maybe the production was bad and you tried to cover it up with a wahalala mix and it went over the top, but also since it was a cool mix it convinced everyone that it deserves to be top 5?

maybe when you're in a experimental phase and you force yourself to make a "Cool banger beat" in 2 hours or whatever it'll come out phony and then you'll have to force every other thing to cover up the emptiness of the production, while you should've just stayed at the experimental thing until your new subgenre or whatever matures into something goated?

or maybe I'm overthinking now-

Top 5 were, in no particular order, @crog85, @Vossi Beats , @Iron Keys, @Face Valid and @Armani . This shit is sounding on repeat ya'll, can ya give a brother a small lane so I can slip into a placement!?

@crog85 yeah, you showed em trap folks aren't one dimensional and now they are shook. Good shit bro, the drum line to the sound choices, nice work.
@Iron Keys you already know
@Vossi Beats DUDE, so crisp and clean, nice drum work on all but the closed hat, needed it a lil lower in the mix. I think I might of kicked out a kick in there, but it's dope... I mean, it's not the beat itself that got me, it was too low key for myself, it's like what YOU did.
@Armani wtf ever boi
Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

nah, good shit bro, nice beat all around. Loved the snare and shaker and even that dumbass mid eastern terrorism vibe shit, nice production.

@Face Valid liked it, shoulda left snoop out though, I have done shit like this before and knew it was the chops that people didn't dig. Defo had that Dre type vibe though, I'd bump it. Good shit imo.
Thanks man that's good feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online