Beat This! - May 20-21, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
I just don't understand why every battle there's people that get pissed off with their placing.

'cause it's emotional, man. That's peoples' art. That's a bit of themselves they're putting out there.
It can be tough enough not being able to hear your own shit objectively, so being unable to contextualise whether it good or not.

Especially when you start comparing it or whatever. People probably feel that shit outside of battles too.

Either way, I ain't down with outright calling others' work shit or trash unless they've personally wronged you or something. Or unless they're so famous your words don't reach 'em ha.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
Hey - I'm pretty new to the site and definitely still learning. I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on the beat I submitted. Looking to learn from the crew and get better.... thanks

@Lightbackdrew

Your beat is tasty, man! Firstly it struck me 'cause sounded like some shit I made before, actually made me think "wait?" the drum/bass/perc.

Only reason it didn't catch my vote, the synth stab(forgot proper term?), I just weren't feeling - 0 wrong with it, just a personal thing, I think I'm tired of hearing that sound, reminds me of certain beats, EDM, and some other stuff I'm tryina forget about.

Conclusion, beat is dope. Keep doing ya thing

Lightbackdrew

LbD...
Battle Points: 47
@Lightbackdrew

Your beat is tasty, man! Firstly it struck me 'cause sounded like some shit I made before, actually made me think "wait?" the drum/bass/perc.

Only reason it didn't catch my vote, the synth stab(forgot proper term?), I just weren't feeling - 0 wrong with it, just a personal thing, I think I'm tired of hearing that sound, reminds me of certain beats, EDM, and some other stuff I'm tryina forget about.

Conclusion, beat is dope. Keep doing ya thing
Cool - thanks @Iron Keys !

Last edited:
YO I FIGURED IT OUT! WE'RE 30 YEAR OLD KARENS!

As soon as our child doesn't win the battle, no matter how bad he was, we want to talk to the manager and everyone and get dramatic about it. just imagine what memento said in a Karen voice "You guys, need to Clean. your Ears. you hear me?" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.