Beat This! - October 1-2, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
illm beat this goodfellas notes.PNG

beat 1: @2GooD Productions - turns out I was right hahaha. Nice stuff, man. Feels weird seeing you do trap, is like when the old legends start putting it out. Is good but makes you feel uncomfortable :lol: (conceptually, not musically - beat good!)
beat 2: @Iron Keys - Won with trap. How ya like me now, haters?
beat 3: @crog85 - dope as usual, travesty that it didn't place. Thought you and I would be fighting for a spot
beat 4: @44Beatzz - really nice beat. solid vibes!
beat 5: @Mobrownbeat feel like this coulda been some Kanye vibe, just piano and 808, could really work if done right!
beat 6: @YannFer - reaaally fucking dope beat, my(or least my old) type of beat. Really good.
beat 7: @RUCCER_TIME - I could tell this was you from the way you use repetition. Would sound insane with vocal on, maybe need to add at least the smallest amount of variation in your beats, not much, just enough to break it up a little bit.
beat 8: @raymondo - really nice beat. Mix needs work, I feel the drums are hiding. They're too dull/hidden.
beat 9: @InnerThug - really like this. Thing I like most is the bass/808s. Really different rhythm to what people usually come with. Tell me more about this beat, brother. What was your approach to the vibe/drums n shit.
beat 10: chicken producers - come on, boys n girls, don't be wussing out of battles; test yourselves.

Note about my beat: if you listen carefully, you can hear the original vocal in the background playing - it was on a muted channel, told myself "turn the fader down too" but i thought nahh i was being extra. Then it bled into another channel on the mixer. :woot: heard it after I submitted, but though it sounded good at the end with the outro dialogue*.

*Oh, and the outro dialogue... was a little shout out to battling here on ill.

Love you all really, even the haters.

Battle Points: 36
wow!

I had a strong suspicion there wouldn't be a big turnout when I started seeing a few people express difficulty and chicken out. But wow.

Wow.

Not even 10?!

For the 1st Beat This back? And a GOODFELLAS theme?!

You all owe Fade an apology by completely filling out every battle for the rest of the year.

Y'all cut from a weak cloth.
Lol U right. I wish I would of caught this one. BTW, Scareface would of been my sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online