Beat This! - October 1-2, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
I think we got a bunch of pussy ass wanna be gangsters that got clipped before the battle even started!

Man Utd Whatever GIF by Manchester United

wow!

I had a strong suspicion there wouldn't be a big turnout when I started seeing a few people express difficulty and chicken out. But wow.

Wow.

Not even 10?!

For the 1st Beat This back? And a GOODFELLAS theme?!

You all owe Fade an apology by completely filling out every battle for the rest of the year.

Y'all cut from a weak cloth.
I would of loved to enter this one but unfortunately I'm in the process of moving and relocating my studio and everything is packed up....hate I missed it though

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
I knew on beforehand this theme wouldn't have a lot of entries.

I didn't watch Goodfellas and as I was scanning thru some of the 'soundtracks', it was basically American 60's or 70's music. So I wasn't able to catch the vibe of it. A gunshot here and there or go Godfather just ain't it.
For this reason, I'm not going to cast a vote.

Good luck to all who entered!

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Gentle reminder :

The theme is "You must make a beat that is inspired by the movie GOODFELLAS."

It does not mean sampling from the soundtrack or even inspired by the soundtrack...

And @Fade even explained it :
"This also means it should be a GANGSTER/MOB beat".

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Gentle reminder :

The theme is "You must make a beat that is inspired by the movie GOODFELLAS."

It does not mean sampling from the soundtrack or even inspired by the soundtrack...

And @Fade even explained it :
"This also means it should be a GANGSTER/MOB beat".
What makes it "Goodfellas" then? Putting samples from the film on the beat?

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!
I knew on beforehand this theme wouldn't have a lot of entries.

I didn't watch Goodfellas and as I was scanning thru some of the 'soundtracks', it was basically American 60's or 70's music. So I wasn't able to catch the vibe of it. A gunshot here and there or go Godfather just ain't it.
For this reason, I'm not going to cast a vote.

Good luck to all who entered!
Yeah i wasn't too hyped. Goodfellas is one of my favorite movies, but for hip hop, i find it overused and kinda gimmicky. Annoyed when I heard nicky and that funny clown bit more than once.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Ridiculous ain't it. Wtf is a mob beat, Italian orchestra shit?
I would ve rolled up a whole orchestra of violins, trumpets n shit and maybe some opera in the BG but with a darker twist. But absolutely no clue how to make something where ppl go like "yooo thats Goodfellas vibes there" thats why i went for the OST but daaaamn son... my hype got killed by that OST.

Still props to anyone who entered. I apparently am to dumb for this shit. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.