Beat This! - October 1-2, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Gentle reminder :

The theme is "You must make a beat that is inspired by the movie GOODFELLAS."

It does not mean sampling from the soundtrack or even inspired by the soundtrack...

And @Fade even explained it :
"This also means it should be a GANGSTER/MOB beat".
“Inspired by the movie” is whats throwing people off I believe… Im sure I was like everyone else, going straight to the OST… but like @YannFer said, its does not mean sampling from the movie soundtrack… How something inspires me, may not be how it inspires u, so i guess this theme is up for interpretation? :unsure:

Maybe the thing people should’ve focused on was the “gangster/mob beat”?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
“Inspired by the movie” is whats throwing people off I believe… Im sure I was like everyone else, going straight to the OST… but like @YannFer said, its does not mean sampling from the movie soundtrack… How something inspires me, may not be how it inspires u, so i guess this theme is up for interpretation? :unsure:

Maybe the thing people should’ve focused on was the “gangster/mob beat”?

Yeah, I was surprised how many people went to the SoundTrack --- imho this is musically the right thing to do for the theme.

But yeah, i guess if it said gangster/mobb beat, maybe should have been a separate theme to goodfellas, i dunno? Dope tracks in the OST imho

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Congrats to @Iron Keys!

My thoughts:

I'm disappointed that we didn't have a bigger turnout, especially since it was the first battle of the season. Ah well. Hopefully the Halloween one is much better.

Reviews:

@Iron Keys - Nice vibe, good flip of that old style of music. Fits the theme really well. Nice mix.
@2GooD Productions - I like the synth, works well with the drums. I like the use of movie snippets. The beat progresses nicely.
@YannFer - This is more the Godfather of course, but it still sounded good. It's like some sort of gothic west coast stuff.
@44Beatzz - Nice piano. Drums could have been a little quieter in the mix though. But I like the overall vibe of this beat, very gloomy.
@InnerThug - This one is interesting because it doesn't seem like a gangster beat in a way, but it is. I like how it progresses.
@crog85 - I love the title. Very tight mix. Sounds like something I'd hear in a gangster movie where someone's about to get whacked off. Good ending with the vocals.
@Mobrownbeat - I don't know how I missed your tag. Gotta take that out from now on. The piano is dope but I wanted to hear some other stuff with it to complete it. This sounds like just an intro part though.
@raymondo - I don't think this one fit the theme that well. But the beat is good, nice mix, good panning, good melody.
@RUCCER_TIME - I don't think this one fit the theme either. Sounds good but very repetitive though. I was waiting for the main beat to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online