Beat This! - October 28-29, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
BRUHHH my internet's gone down 'cause of the weather. How the fuck i gonna upload??

Might have to somehow get it on phone then upload from there.
Just mail it to me. Mix it down to 2-inch tape and mail the masters to me via Fedex overnight. No problem.

6f764fed31e6e27834c433ccb54eb037.jpg

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
a few cool beats in there!

some a bit too edm, one was quite cool but turned edm.
some I think were real cool but their mix let them down a bit.
some weren't 'spooky' enough.
one beat I was looking forward to was only 21 seconds long! (feel like someone messed up on their export - true horror!)

:pumpkin: good luck illtergeists!

44Beatzz

Ruhrpott / Germany
Battle Points: 143
@Drago Zetić No it was the real excorsism of Anneliese Michel in the 70s in germany.You can google it.
So this person wasnt acting! Thats why it is so scary.
Religious people say she was possessed.She grew up in an religious environment.Nowadays people say she was just sick.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Alrighty

Congrats Memento, knew yours was gonna be tops here, just didnt like the arp at the end, rest was really nice. GJ buddy.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@Iron Keys , surprised by your bassline, when I get home and can hear it for real., no access to good speakers atm, ill listen again... but sounded really nice and not typical for you maybe? Didnt care for the rao vocal and intro was a bit long.

I gotta listen to all these when I get home, knew crogs off the get go as well as momentos... very surprised by the placements though. But whatevs, had some real good hits in this battle.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
:confusedphones::pumpkin:

full transparency

illm hallow 2020 beatthis notes.PNG

beat 2: @Memento Beats - was good base to it, I wasn't fuly feeling the horns, not with the rest of it. Was fairly sure this may be yours, the wild memento arpeggio at the end was what made me 100% certain it was yours. almost like a beat tag by this point ha.

beat 4: (can't remember who, sorry)
beat 21: (I thinkkkkkkkk this was @Timothy Carter but im not sure)

beat 6: @crog85 100% knew this was your one. Always best produced imho, no idea how you do that in garageband you lunatic. should be a felony offence! No disrespect on 'same ol drums', just get that heard this before vibe but well produced. notice you been sampling that string ish lately too gives your stuff a different vibe/edge than usual!

:pumpkin: beat 10: @ConspiracyMuzik - this is who I voted for. Kinda creepy, dunno if main part wasn't eerie or just cause i enjoyed it.

beat 20: @Leot Beats - (i think) this was yours, not sure why i felt afrobeat vibes at the time. thought it was cool, the 808 stuff got a bit too 'reckless' or wild for me, i like what you try do with them, maybe need bit o' refining.

<3 beat 5: @Pendulum10sound - reaaaally fuckin' loved this. cool sounds, but mainly those 80s-esque drums is what got me.
<3 beat 19: @Wahid KH - reallly loved this too. Had synthwave vibes when it came in at :40, after that it gave me Justice vibes.
Only reason the above 2 didn't get my vote was because they didn't feel "hip-hop" enough to me.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Waiting for your breakdown @Iron Keys , its pretty spot on, good and bad. :cocaine:

Pappasss I think only reason yours didn't get on my list was 'cause I didn't feel it spooky enough!

But I was surprised it weren't on 'cause I was looking for it when writing my above breakdown (my list wasgetting big and i decided to get tough with decisions by then)

Can't remember if this beat or another I thought was yours, but I remember thinking feel like pappas mixing hasstepped up!

I really thought this one was quite cool... 'cause of that vocal thing especially. Sounded slightly on the edm side for me, but definitely top tier get hype / go mental type music. Just felt a bit too fun n wild for my idea of halloween. Great stuff tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online