Beat This! - October 7-8, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@Iron Keys thanks for the breakdown brother... I was REALLY pressed for time on mine, didnt do all I wanted with it, but thanks for the nod. I look forward to your interpretations on the tunes and I agree with Crogs shit, was dope.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Giant Midgets

1e028db0ea4defc218cb913825174b53.gif

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Iron, your slow jam was fkin nice buddy, since I didn't mention, that bass line was hot and the hats were on point... the snare was a perfect choice as well. But dropping that hat notes set it off, really nice touches throughout it. Yours was definitely invested time or at least thought. I was digging the shit out of it @Iron Keys

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
So to answer that question, was a slow jam, I wouldn't know.. old school hip hop, maybe a DJ Quick type beat?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Iron, your slow jam was fkin nice buddy, since I didn't mention, that bass line was hot and the hats were on point... the snare was a perfect choice as well. But dropping that hat notes set it off, really nice touches throughout it. Yours was definitely invested time or at least thought. I was digging the shit out of it @Iron Keys

Thanksss, brother! Glad you like it! I'm actually really pleased with this one myself.

It's actually the slowest beat I've ever made.

It's a weird one for me. It was kinda menna be RnB, but kinda modern whilst also having older vibes. I tried to give it a more modern sound by the drum choices and the trap hats. My aim was to make a 'modern/current hybrid sounding RnB' ... not sure if i achieved that? but I love it nonetheless.

So when I listen to it I get all those^ kinda vibes, but find it hard to really 'place' it myself.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
@Iron Keys I think you achieved that... it has modern touches, like the hats, but it fits well. then the little swell on it, the old school strike, works well too. And the bassline just adds to it. But it really reminds me of old school gangster rap as I said, DJ Quick comes to mind. But it is a nice beat and mixed well, its for sure a winner. Its like it wants to be RnB but then wants rap vocals lol.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@Iron Keys I think you achieved that... it has modern touches, like the hats, but it fits well. then the little swell on it, the old school strike, works well too. And the bassline just adds to it. But it really reminds me of old school gangster rap as I said, DJ Quick comes to mind. But it is a nice beat and mixed well, its for sure a winner. Its like it wants to be RnB but then wants rap vocals lol.

:up2: Thanks my dude, appreciate that.

It's funny, 'cause I had that feeling too. "This was menna be RnB, but I'm kinda hearing it suit a rapper better" -- i kinda accepted that on this one, but it's usually a problem i used to face lots when attempting rnb (n maybe still), where it'd end up sounding like it suits a rapper more.

And what bothers me about that is 2 things, 1... 'cause i was intending to make it for singer and 2... not knowing why this happens. Dunno if it's 'cause i make things too melodic, or not changing chords enough i dunno. Cause my last one had a really strong melodic bassline n stuff but suited the RnB. I can't quite figure what it is that's preventing it being 'singy' and making it 'rappy'. (in my tunes that that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online