Beat This! - October 7-8, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I dont know who is doing the voting but the best beats didn't even make it in the runners up to me but hey that's just my opinion but congrats to the winner and the ones that did make it.
It's how it goes though. I think these results were pretty good. @Lightbackdrew's beat was on point for sure.

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
It's how it goes though. I think these results were pretty good. @Lightbackdrew's beat was on point for sure.
I know and I dont want anyone to think im being salty because mine was not up there. I just heard alot of good beats and were surprised most of them didn't even make runner up and those were all way better than mine. That beat just wasn't my cup of tea but to each his own.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I know and I dont want anyone to think im being salty because mine was not up there. I just heard alot of good beats and were surprised most of them didn't even make runner up and those were all way better than mine. That beat just wasn't my cup of tea but to each his own.
That's true, it's just sometimes the results are a bit off, it happens. We've discussed this numerous times about voting formats but it's really hard to nail it down. Unless you all want me to decide the outcome each time! Like the see-all-seeing-eye.

c656fcdfd70bffb360f074e0e37a191c.jpg

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Congrats @Lightbackdrew , way to go man!!

Gotta say I was sorta surprised I didnt place withbthe low turnout, well, I actualy thought @crog85 would win that, his beat was pretty hard, figured it would of done better as well. Meh, it is what it is as Fade said.

But the Dre beat was hilarious to me :D

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I dont know who is doing the voting but the best beats didn't even make it in the runners up to me but hey that's just my opinion but congrats to the winner and the ones that did make it.

Yeah, I'm with Silentz, here.

With respect to all who won, placed, competed. Sometimes in these battles things seem beyond wonky when it comes to the results. Which is one of the things that puts me off.

I think only 1 of the ones I "knew" would place top 3 placed at all. The one I assumed would win ain't even up there.

I also find, (excluding the last one I entered), that my shittest entries place, my best entries don't. (another 'wtf' that made me question entering)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
:guillotine:
As always, here's my little list/notes (did forget to make some --- and also my vote page refreshed, so may forget who's who)
illm notes beat this.PNG

Beat 1 - I think this was @2GooD Productions . thought it was a good beat, nice sounds,good mix. I was correct in your placement :D ha

Beat 3 - @crog85 knew from the jump whose this is. Assumed it'd win, glad it didn't (hating :p /jk )incredble production, no idea how he achieves this using the worst DAW out of everyone here. All done in garageband right? Sometimes I wish he was just deezing beats so I could feel justified about the quality ha. Maybe warped the sample good, I didn't vote cause couldn't recognise it in the beat.Good prodc like i said

:fire:Beat 4 - @Drago Zetić this is what I VOTED for! Lo-fi kinda vibes, I'm not usually into the kinda lowfi chilled type hip-hop, and this is the first of that style that I voted for! Cool beat, bro! We've only been recently acquainted and you caught a vote from me! :woot: top stuff

Beat 6 - think this was @MinD AXioM beat stood out to me cause i liked it, but found the stereo piano (from the sample itself i think?) was jarring my ears a bit, put <3 'cause weren't a hate thing. liked the beat.

Beat 7 - @ThE_SiRe_BeAtS thought was nice beat and coolvocals, but (even tho clear),have this feeling of 'trying to listen' to the vocals. dunno if it's compression of their level, happened to me before(often) for one of those reasons. cool beat/track tho!

Beat 8 - @Pappas Beats I actually really like this. Usually tough to use such a hit vocal like that. but it was cool. I was in a dilemma about this -- i really loved the simplicity of the beat, loved the beat itself, loved how it worked with the vocal, but bugged my how beat was simple, made me feel was it relying on the vocal, but then it's good production work to make them work.... I feel like this also deserved my vote. Actually really love the beat :cocaine: gorgeous track, bruh

beat 11 - @DJ JazzperSkye i reaaally loved the part where it was kinda filtered, would use just that section, add some serious drums, and that would bang thoro!

beat 12 - @prodjoeys cool sounds, good quality sounds. I found something about this kinda didn't sound quite right, like felt like it clashed or was fighting against itself in some way.

Felt some beats sounded a bit off, or odd in timing or just musically. If didn't mention doesn't mean i didn't like or such tho

As always,props to all for competing / placing etc.

Stay ILL :micdrop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online