Beats for MTV

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^^ hehehe

Cuz you heard nothing anyone can use, it's not a reference by any means of displaying potential. The track on the album sounds way different than anythin on sc and that track in the vid was made in FT2, just to give you an idea of old skool lo-fi trackin' lol!.

Shit sounds fresh on them genelecs anyway, nobody complains after that point.

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Update, Pimp used two of my beats, one was on the honda civic episode and one was on the one where they pimped the old 50's car that the chick called "big bertha." I'll try to put them in the showcase at some point.

orpheus said:
Yeah man I got some beats that are gonna be on NEXT too. Question tho.... I don't have an agent, but are you gettin paid for that shit? If so how much are you gettin and how would you recommend goin about negotiations without an agent? Thanks man. peace

That's pretty sweet, maybe between the two of us we can produce an episode. Haha.

Well, first of all, you should join ASCAP if you haven't already. They are the ones that are going to be tracking your airtime. I'm not sure how much I am getting paid, although I do know that I will be paid for every time the episode airs.

As for an agent, again, I got lucky with mine, she is only taking a 20 percent cut which is incredibly generous. I would say that if you walk away taking more than 60 percent, you're doing pretty well. Shop around though, try and find an agency that is not too big, but well connected and willing to work for you.

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
i got some tracks licensed for america's top model last season, i dont know if they still gonna use them for this season, but thats a good way to get some bread, its better if you sell you beat to a major artist but licencing to tv is better than nothing.

aklaim

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Good looks on those agency links and good luck to ya'll. Although I love to just be makin' music, some dough would be a nice topping. Peace.
-b blizzle

BAUSMAN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
are u getting paid for what ever they use?? and how much?? and do they got exclusive rights to the beat??

Alphabet

ill o.g.
Licensed by MTV?? you need to be affiliated with either BMI or ASCAP both non for profit music publishing companies, once you sign with either one of them then you register your tracks if the company and then the music dept. of what ever show makes cue lists that will have your name and track and publishing affiliation, then your company will keep track of your tracks air time and write you a check, Don't get a head of your self and cover all bases, selling MTV tracks for less than 300 - 400 might not be a good idea since i've made $500 off one on Making the Band 2, BMI Composer for 2 years, MTV Intern for one, can't knock the hustle

WORDAMOUPH

NUPHONIX PRODUKTIONS
ill o.g.
CONGRATULATIONS......but on e question if they do use ur beat how much do they pay you? just curious

deanero

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Great job man... I'm going in the same direction. I recently linked up with a group that also has songs on many different MTV shows and I'm starting to work with their producer. It's cool to see your work up there on a nationally televised station i bet!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
www.pumpaudio.com will do the same thing... plus u can get more than just MTV, they license your music to shows, commercials, and u get some publishing... check em out

word good shyt are u signed in this???