Beware Ebay/Paypal. I got Ganked

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I bought this korg from ebay right? 130.00 bucks. i opened and closed a dispute with paypal because seller gave me proof that she shipped it and her bank account was froze while i had an investigation open, so i closed it because i had proof that she did send it (though a week late). I recieved it today and it won't power on. Since i closed the 1st dispute with paypal they will not reopen it and because of that i am getting totally fucked over. It was a scam and i was nice enough to fall for it. So watchout for shit like that. Cost me over a fuckin bill and it's worthless. So much for hardware this year. ... fuuuuck

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Chrono said:
I bought this korg from ebay right? 130.00 bucks. i opened and closed a dispute with paypal because seller gave me proof that she shipped it and her bank account was froze while i had an investigation open, so i closed it because i had proof that she did send it (though a week late). I recieved it today and it won't power on. Since i closed the 1st dispute with paypal they will not reopen it and because of that i am getting totally fucked over. It was a scam and i was nice enough to fall for it. So watchout for shit like that. Cost me over a fuckin bill and it's worthless. So much for hardware this year. ... fuuuuck

You should of just bought it from a local Guitar Center or online at places like zZounds, Sweetwater, etc. A place where you can trust the seller.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Yeah from now on out i am only buying new. But I did just remember a friend of mine's Dad teaches electronics.. so i might be able to get it fixed. ehh but thanks for the Advice.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
yo, that sucks man

but don't dismiss ebay all together.

I bought my 700 Rane TTM 56 mixer from ebay for four hundo, and it's been working perfectly all year.

cant beat deals like that.

But it's definitely a "buyer beware" type of site when it comes to gear.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Chrono said:

Wait thats not Paypals Fault it clearly states once u close a Dispute u cant reopen u should have kept it open until you found out it worked or not.. Shouda Kept that account Froze until u had proof it worked

Yea its a Fucked up Situation can't blaim paypal

Will Ebay help u ou with the Faulty Gear? I mean i would take the Ebay Seller to Court and sue them for the the my Money back, My Travel Expense and my Court fines because obviously u got a nice lil deal on the unit why would u break it.. Follow that through man serious u can Sue the User for ur total Expense of going to court to get ur $$ so it'll be Free for you Happened to me when i bought a unit and got a Box full of lil boxes with Rocks in em

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ebay is good you just have to be proactive in making sure you don't get fucked.

i have probably bought about $5000 or so of gear on e-bay and saved about the same amount maybe more (e-bay can be great for mics and pre's)

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
ebay is a great way to get shit .. you just gotta know what ur doing ... scammers are quite easy to spot. a good tip it sounds stupid but just buy shit from people with good feedback ratings and history .. sounds basic but like 100% of the time when people get fuced its buying from someone with either no previous ebay history or a poor feedback rating... simple as that

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Nnxt said:
Yea its a Fucked up Situation can't blaim paypal

damn XT why do I have to blame paypal? I posted this thread to alert members about the loophole that is within paypal's contract. It was my fault, I even stated that in the the first post of this thread "It was a scam and i was nice enough to fall for it."

As it turns out it was not a scam and she is willing to go the USPostal Insurence route if need be. But i'm still going to try to get it fixed first.

whew i was thinkin in worst terms.. i've used ebay for years and really never been scammed before or even got messed around with at all. But i try to leave no risk.. If this would have been a scam I would have gotten toook.

G

Grid-Lok

classic said:
I NEVER will use ebay man... im sorry but their are to many shady people out there. I rather save money and buy something new..

class....

I co-sign,

Ebay iz to much of a hassle fa me.Its not like you can find REAL bargins there,I mean whats the sense in buying a $900 USED mpc1000 when I could get a brand spankin new one(With the orginal manual)for only $100 more at samash?

and those so called "Bargin auctions are bullshit,theres always a reserve on it and even if it iz'nt the other bidders will be on the bid like flies on shit,and before you know it,the current bid is higher then the retail value?!

Try amazon.com

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I bought my Triton from ebay two years ago. Now that I think about it only crossed my mind for a minute that I might get jacked. I can't even remember if I paid attention to feed back. I just e-mailed the seller back and forth until we made a side deal. I actually was bidding on a proteus and came across a triton. The guy's auction didn't go well so e-mailed him saying here is my offer lets do this and skip ebay. i sent half the loot and then sent the rest after I got a tracking # I still could have got jacked but I got lucky. My triton still rocks to this day.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Ok my 2 cents I been buying and selling things on ebay since 98 and NEVER had a problem, and I mean I bought a lot of items for the studio and other things.....main thing is check feedback and how long they had the account.....but the only way that might not be safe is if they have a hacked account, from what I hear they have cracked down on that but if I see someone new to ebay or sold a few items and the feedback is not on the up and up I will not buy, but on the whole I heard horror stories and most of the time these were people that have only sold a few things and feedback was not that great.....I still give them an A- the minus is because of the margin of error I hear about other than that It's just as safe or unsafe as anything you buy on line I have heard of reputable online store that people get into these same disputes but as always there is a risk.....

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Man, on my very first ebay transaction I got ganked. Partially because I was not in the know and partially because I was plain stupid. I wanted the item bad as hell and this dude had a good deal. He had mad positive feedback and everything. I really only lost out because I am overseas. Had I been stateside I would have tracked him down and dealt with him. I was contacted by some other buyers that got ganked by this dude and they turned it over to the FBI. They tracked him down. Last I heard, dude is doin' time. I never got my money back though. Now I have made it my business to be very careful of who I deal with on ebay. If I see one thing that looks even the slight bit shady, I move on to the next item. Since that first time I have'nt had any problems. There have been many attempts at scammin' me; but now I think that I'm pretty thorough. LOL!
ONE

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Ebay is a Great Tool if you use it right ive never been Jacked ive bought many things off ebay over the years I just read everything real carefully and Only fuck with PowerSellers or someone who has sold quite a few Items and has a very good Feedback History

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
eBay is ok but I like to look for local eBay deals. You can always filter your searches to a certain geographical area. Also look for people with decent feedback too.

members online