Busta Rhyme breakin down how it really works....

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
damn bookmarking this, will watch after a meeting in a few

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Interesting. Im glad somone acknowlegdes the whole "u dont like me u hatin" thing. someone needs to start callin these dudes out!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
nothing new really though.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
ha, in part one he basically shits on what everyone here is trying to do. I think it's a bit funny that all of you guys think this is "worth a watch". Are you all exempt from what he's saying...?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
ha, in part one he basically shits on what everyone here is trying to do. I think it's a bit funny that all of you guys think this is "worth a watch". Are you all exempt from what he's saying...?

haven't watched it yet but this def makes for an interesting video.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yep... i feel u on that statement... but some of us have been in the grind for a very long time... i remember all types of bullshit growin up on this shit... ive been to BFats crib, Next Plateau Records, and Russel Simmons apt just to name a few, only to get told it aint good enuff, or we dont like ur shit... ive had friends who were fukkin with niggas on the come up who eventually died along the way (B.I.G. and Merlin "Romeo" Santana... RIP) which made cats give up on this shit!! meanwhile, niggas on the street is lovin ur shit and recitin ur rhymes, hummin ur beats, and askin for tapes... eventually, a nigga gives up on this shit bcuz theyve gotten fed up in the game, get a day job, and do this shit on the side... doin it bcuz u love the shit so much, u cant stop... thats where im at now with this bs... so yea, i feel what Busta is sayin, bcuz there's no struggle involved as much as it were... and when u have FERGIE on CDs rhymin, the uniqueness is gone... everyone thinks they can do it, and everyone else accepts it.... the music production and the "hook" has taken over the overall authenticity of a song or album bcuz the body of the song is basically the same... its a different type of hustle these days, and if u have a computer and internet access, the world is urs to pilfer... we all can do it, we just gotta find our niche in the market.

da relic

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
yep... i feel u on that statement... but some of us have been in the grind for a very long time... i remember all types of bullshit growin up on this shit... ive been to BFats crib, Next Plateau Records, and Russel Simmons apt just to name a few, only to get told it aint good enuff, or we dont like ur shit... ive had friends who were fukkin with niggas on the come up who eventually died along the way (B.I.G. and Merlin "Romeo" Santana... RIP) which made cats give up on this shit!! meanwhile, niggas on the street is lovin ur shit and recitin ur rhymes, hummin ur beats, and askin for tapes... eventually, a nigga gives up on this shit bcuz theyve gotten fed up in the game, get a day job, and do this shit on the side... doin it bcuz u love the shit so much, u cant stop... thats where im at now with this bs... so yea, i feel what Busta is sayin, bcuz there's no struggle involved as much as it were... and when u have FERGIE on CDs rhymin, the uniqueness is gone... everyone thinks they can do it, and everyone else accepts it.... the music production and the "hook" has taken over the overall authenticity of a song or album bcuz the body of the song is basically the same... its a different type of hustle these days, and if u have a computer and internet access, the world is urs to pilfer... we all can do it, we just gotta find our niche in the market.

da relic

Well put. x2

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.

da relic
fair enough, but I wonder how many people can really make a claim like that, you know?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33

da relic

Well said Slik.
Its def 10x easier for the average joe to get up after the advent of the big technology boost. Theres also a massive increase of shit being injected into the game for the same reason however.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I liked the part where Busta went off about publishing. That is the key to getting paid now. If you dont have any idea about the publishing side I highly suggest reading into it. I hope to get an article up soon to go over the steps to do it yourself and the benefits of doing it.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
REAL TALK:

Seriously, if we didnt have the access yo PCS I would still be rhymin over industry beats on a karoke machine and would of copped an MPC at some point. can't stop the true emcees/artists.

@Slik Good ish homie. I feel u 100%. Like u said about hooks and such,,this is why cats like Sean Kingston and AKON are "hot". Neither has any singing ability.