Cambatta Ft Skyzoo "True Magic" - Acapella Remix Contest

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/SKIDFLOW

true magic remix

this is the first remix I ever did so...oh yeah its a sharp staticky noise that last for a split second at the beginning...kinda scared me when I heard it because I didnt hear it when I played it back in Cool Edit. anyway check it out.

The acapella is off beat ... Beat is cool and spacey but i can't show'em with the vocals
not lined up properly.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73

I like the "rock" edge O, IMO you need more distinction between the verse and hook. The listener has to know where the hook is coming, makes the chorus sound on but off beat without it. His rhyme pattern changes at the chorus so the track has to do the same. U need to either drop the level of the vox or raise the level of the instrumental as well.

Balance it out and put that change up at the hook and I think this can work. Good Job!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Shit I need to do this, I have a beat just gotta do the tweeking and shit..

Shit first! That way you can get up off ya lazy "bumba clot azz" and finish the track.

I'M JOHN McCain and I approve this comment.....lmao

N.C. better vote Obama or I'm burning all your tabaco fields.........

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I like the "rock" edge O, IMO you need more distinction between the verse and hook. The listener has to know where the hook is coming, makes the chorus sound on but off beat without it. His rhyme pattern changes at the chorus so the track has to do the same. U need to either drop the level of the vox or raise the level of the instrumental as well.

Balance it out and put that change up at the hook and I think this can work. Good Job!

Thanks for the feedback. I hear what you are saying. I have a problem coming up with a decent chorus when it comes to my beats. You can thank the DJ Premier School of Beat making. His beats usually are the same all the way through and then he cuts up the chorus with vocal snippets. And I think people who sample in general do that.

My main gripe was trying to pull the rock synth out more. The drums layered over the beat really mudd the synth out and it has to do with my compressor settings. If you hear the synth alone it sounds great but as soon as you cut on the drums the notes get drowned out.

I was focusing so much on that, that I really neglected the chorus.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
remixes? I love remixes... I'll be back

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
to be honest im feelin the original. It goes hard. Y do feel u need to change it? I could understand if u want to do a diffrent style like a club version or some shit, but the track is solid. If ur gonna do an apples to apples remix, i dont think its nessecary. For an album, i think it works as is. Just my opinion though.

T

The Arkitekt

dj excellence killed it, although i think its a little too smooth for the acapella, the lyrics are little too "hype" for a real smooth instrumental, good job though

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
to be honest im feelin the original. It goes hard. Y do feel u need to change it? I could understand if u want to do a diffrent style like a club version or some shit, but the track is solid. If ur gonna do an apples to apples remix, i dont think its nessecary. For an album, i think it works as is. Just my opinion though.

i have to agree with holmz on this. i submitted 2 remixes but honestly nothing i've heard so far fits better than the original track. i don't think the beat itself is all that great but the song as a whole works

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
We dont want to use the beat
that was originally recorded to it any longer

It's probably as simple as what he stated there.

Merc post yours up. I took a stab at it. I need to mix it a little more and then I'll get it up to get critically rip'd by the ILL fam....lmao

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
N.C. better vote Obama or I'm burning all your tabaco fields.........
We got alot of cats saying they down for the cause but their core beleifs wont allow them to place that vote....especially them sneaky redknecks from Harnett and Johnston County. lol (just had to get that off my chest)

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
I've gotten alot of dope submissions ... Im enjoying hearing all the different takes on the track.

The original producer is kind of an a**hole and we don't want to deal with him
or allow him to get any shine with us because of the way he acts ... But personal
reasons aside we think the track would have alot more potential with a different
beat as we have some plans for it.

members online