Cambatta Ft Skyzoo "True Magic" - Acapella Remix Contest

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Here's my stab at it: It's some what diff't from the version I sent H&R, went back and drop'd more things out here in there and spent more time on the mix.

Never done a remix before ( Correction,actually this is my second..both done on ILL, The "Big L" beat this was my first)....I'm sure it could be better but I think it's aiight!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/190248631e1e0218/

T

The Arkitekt

good mix ldb, great synth work especially on the chorus, but that leady synth should go imo and raise the vocal level, the mix sounds perfect on laptop speakers but on other shit the vocals are mad low, and im really feeling those little vocal samples you threw in there. great work all around though

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
good mix ldb, great synth work especially on the chorus, but that leady synth should go imo and raise the vocal level, the mix sounds perfect on laptop speakers but on other shit the vocals are mad low, and im really feeling those little vocal samples you threw in there. great work all around though

Appreciate the listen Arkitekt. The "leady synth" is kind of a southern thing so hey, I'm in the A so I gotta do what we do and still keep it hip hopish. I can always raise the vox or do lilttle edits here in there should they select mine, that's no problem at all.

Can anybody guess what song I chop'd up for the vocal samples and fillins? lol, for some reason when I heard the original track that particular song came to mind. Added a little R&B soul for Cam & Skyz lyrics to rest on I think.

Anyway, I had fun putting the track together and it lead to me whippin' up about 5 tracks over a 48hr period which almost finishes off my new "beat cd". I plan on flooding the A with it starting in October. Hopefully I can get a track or two on a few projects that come out this fall or early spring. Since I'm DJing at two "high traffic" artist clubs now I figure every time these guys pass me there next single to play I should hit them off with my beats......you never know what will jump off.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Respect Merc. lmao....I know you guys don't give the dirty south bandit half a chance but I'm up in here and I putz it down when I want to.

Your 3rd mix is "pumping" I like this muuuuccccchhh better than the first two. This one gets the blood flowing!

LDB really like your mix - really smooth.

Thanks g....I'll check yours out in the showcase... 1

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Shit, there are some good submissions, I got a good beat but it really doesnt fuck with Merc your 3 is The Shit,
and LDB thats really nice, its a tie to me...
Very motivating everyone.

Fresh out the club and damn I'm tired, same thing 2morrow nite!

Appreciate the listen. Mine is going to good use whether they snatch it up or not. I'm sure they've gotten some submissions elsewhere that probably smash me and Mercs. Either way just the comp made some people step there game up. Hell Merc took 3 stabs at it.....he's a persistent sumbich ain't he....lmao Whom ever gets it it'll be a good look. H&R really puts in work to promote his people and projects.

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Fresh out the club and damn I'm tired, same thing 2morrow nite!

Appreciate the listen. Mine is going to good use whether they snatch it up or not. I'm sure they've gotten some submissions elsewhere that probably smash me and Mercs. Either way just the comp made some people step there game up. Hell Merc took 3 stabs at it.....he's a persistent sumbich ain't he....lmao Whom ever gets it it'll be a good look. H&R really puts in work to promote his people and projects.

this is why i love ableton. i can warp the vocals and save all the warp markers. that way i can throw the vocals over any beat and it'll still be on time no matter the tempo. and LDB i gotta say you're one of the most talented cats on here. i've just never been a fan of the style. talent is talent though. you have all the right tools and positioning to blow up. its only a matter of time

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
this is why i love ableton. i can warp the vocals and save all the warp markers. that way i can throw the vocals over any beat and it'll still be on time no matter the tempo. and LDB i gotta say you're one of the most talented cats on here. i've just never been a fan of the style. talent is talent though. you have all the right tools and positioning to blow up. its only a matter of time

Some just don't know Merc.....they just don't know...Ableton is the truth to the tenth power. It actually was designed with remixing in mind, a true dj tool for those that know about it. The warp feature and slice to new midi has up'd my game tremendously!

Appreciate the words and respect man. Whether I ever cut a record or get on, as long as I get that every now and then while holding true to what I do makes it all worth it. Music is my passion, my drug of choice, my bills get paid by other means. If a pay day should ever come that would be cool but, its definitely not the reason I do it.

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Mine is going to good use whether they snatch it up or not. Whom ever gets it it'll be a good look. H&R really puts in work to promote his people and projects.

Appreciate that man ... Definetly drop me a line if you use it for something !

& Yeah we've got alot of dope submissions from Ill muzik peeps and outside
peeps ... About a week left open to see what else comes in and then me and
cam will start swifting thru our favorites and make a decision.

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on the result ... I definetly appreciate you
guys taking out the time and effort to remix and submit !

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Appreciate that man ... Definetly drop me a line if you use it for something !

lol. Don't worry. I won't drop it with your people lyrics on it! I'm referring to the "instrumental". I don't get down like that homie.

It would be cool to post all the submissons when it's over so I can hear who to "hate on" lmao. 1

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
lol. Don't worry. I won't drop it with your people lyrics on it! I'm referring to the "instrumental". I don't get down like that homie.

Oh na I meant as in feel free to use it with the vocals just let us know so
we can promo a lil to on our end if anything lol

Schizo ... Yeah I cant really show them with the vocals off beat. That just
sounded like acrazy clash of sounds I can't show that like that sorry man.
I appreciate the you taking the itme and submmiting though !

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Oh na I meant as in feel free to use it with the vocals just let us know so
we can promo a lil to on our end if anything lol

Ok...that's what up then. I just might have to drop a "REMIX" cd then. Maybe I can get them "Smash Brothers" to let me get a vocal track to throw on it......Stress1 as well, oh yeah.....and Relic and Step 2..lmao

a remix project....hmmmm....this could be interesting!