Can i turn Plain Sine to Decent sounding Bass?

I'm a little confused with bass. my ideal bass sound is sine, but it sounds too ... simple. i tried orchestra double bass, but it wasn't as strong as sine bass. other basses sound too ghzghzy (distorted or not sounding good, like nexus basses). then i listened to new (for example) trap songs, like tygas album. the bass doesn't sound like Anything i mentioned.

so how can i turn sine bass to the typical bass sound or at least a decent sound? and how can i reach the typical bass that everyone uses throughout VST or sine or ...?

yes, IMO sinewave basses make the best sub basses

a great plugin to get more out of your bass is waves rbass, i find it good at getting more in the low end. Waves maxxbass is good for getting presence in the bass in the higher harmonic frequencies. Adding some distortion, unison or very quick delay are ways of thickening a bass so it doesnt sound so simple. Or layering a higher frequency bass over the sine wave doing the sub bass can sound very good.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I have been a bass player for 20+ years and would be happy to help. Can you tell me more about what type of bass sound you are going for? Can you give me examples of what you are looking for? This is an article I wrote a while back about better rock guitar tone, it may point you in the right direction https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Rock_that_Bass I also have to cation the delay technic mentioned above. While it can help you can get your bass out of phase real quick and that can kill your tone.

j.r.a.inthacut

Slice n Dice
Learn about synthesis and wavetables. Sine wave is great for sub bass but they have no harmonics as they are pure fundamental tone. Triangle Sine has a bit more harmonics and is a somewhat "louder" than a regular sine (great for bass in general). Square wave is another good one for bass but be cautious because they're extremely loud as they produce a considerable amount of harmonics over the Triangle Sine. Using a Square wave for bass typically requires you to use LPF to get rid of upper harmonics unless of course you're going for super loud aggressive bass. A useful tool to generate harmonics is distortion.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
Harmonic Distortion.

Slap some kind of "saturator" or "warmth" / "distortion" plug in on it.

Hard to find ones that do this in a smooth way.

Depends what you're trying to acheive.

As mentioned RBass is good but costly.

You can get good sounds out od 308 emultions (308? 301?) Whatever the bass synth was called. TR something.

But subtle harmonic distortion can add a bit of flavour or character to your bass.

a sub bass sine wave is great for adding low end rumble as an extra layer to thicken up and existing bassline or to layer under a pad to really make it full.
My greatest problem is finding balance between too loud and too weak though, cuz I have no monitors and my beats by dre is also not workin after 38 years, so... yea that sucks. I do that trick a lot though. Like sometimes I use 2 octaves of sub bass + a bass-ish sound with the low on it eqed down. it works great usually.

My greatest problem is finding balance between too loud and too weak though, cuz I have no monitors and my beats by dre is also not workin after 38 years, so... yea that sucks. I do that trick a lot though. Like sometimes I use 2 octaves of sub bass + a bass-ish sound with the low on it eqed down. it works great usually.
dont mix with beats headphones, they boost the bass so dont give a true picture of what is going on. Use proper studio headphones with a flat frequency response. They show every detail once your ears get used to them.

dont mix with beats headphones, they boost the bass so dont give a true picture of what is going on. Use proper studio headphones with a flat frequency response. They show every detail once your ears get used to them.
Do I look like the type of guy who can afford anything with the word "Proper" behind it? :D

Do I look like the type of guy who can afford anything with the word "Proper" behind it? :D
save up man, thank me later, especially for type of music you make, the soundtrack music. You will thank me later, some things are just essential investments, and if you dont have studio monitors then studio headphones is the only affordable option, the other positive of headphones is that you dont need to treat your room. But always check your mixes on other systems to see how it translates across them.

save up man, thank me later, especially for type of music you make, the soundtrack music. You will thank me later, some things are just essential investments, and if you dont have studio monitors then studio headphones is the only affordable option
Save What up? :D

save up man, thank me later, especially for type of music you make, the soundtrack music. You will thank me later, some things are just essential investments, and if you dont have studio monitors then studio headphones is the only affordable option
I got literally 0 income man. no money from parents, no job (gotta wait till end of semester), and even if we have money it's gonna be spent on someones illness or some shit.

I got literally 0 income man. no money from parents, no job (gotta wait till end of semester), and even if we have money it's gonna be spent on someones illness or some shit.
get a job ya bum hahahahahahaha, food doesnt put itself on the table