Votes: 52 77.6%
  • No!

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • F**k You! I don't need that S**t

Votes: 6 9.0%

• Total voters
O

open mind

oops i did it again... LOL ok i think this will stay for a lot of time.its a Steinway.this would be the first thing i would buy if i had lots of money.just a dream

O

open mind

congrats! take care of that wonderfull piece (iam sure u will).

M

MakeTunes

Unfortunately I can't really play another instrument. Wish I could.

I learned the guitar for a bit, back in the day - but that was never really me.

I should learn to play the keyboard though, as it'd be very useful for many different aspects of studio music production.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i didn't read through the whole thread so i don't know if i'm too late..

...i play the skin flute.

EDIT: Gah, Stress beat me to it. He even had three different ones. I give up.

J

jon jyzzle

i can play a drum set and a little bit of the piano
im not spectacularly good at it, but i can keep a beat

E

emmanyei

i dont, but too me, it really doesnt matter much as long as u got "the ear"

Young Qyu

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
piano and guitar

gotta say that the piano def helps the best with composing. just knowing the fundamentals with chord progressions and structures will greatly improve any type of beat tho, composing and sampling. i think piano is easiest to visually learn all that too. since we all probably use the piano rolls in fruity/reason, try to excel in the piano and i guarantee it'll open up a whole lot.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i can play my mpc pads ... i can play simple melodies on my keyboard.... i think having an hear is more important than being able to play in hip hop.... i can hear something and instantly tell if its in tune,clashing,meshes well etc... i cant really play all that well but thats the beauty of digital recording .. u can just keep redoing it until u get it rite lol ... i compaensate for my lack of skill with my techniques tho .... for example if a piano lick is too difficult to play i will slow the tempo way down so i have more time to react between the notes.. its easier to play slow so i record the notes at like a 50-60 tempo .. then just speed it up to hip hop speed and theres ur beat rite there... thats just one of about 20 or so techniques i use to compensate for my lack of any training.. class can vouch i cant play for shit but u wouldnt know it from listening to some of the tracks ive done...

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
.... for example if a piano lick is too difficult to play i will slow the tempo way down so i have more time to react between the notes.. its easier to play slow so i record the notes at like a 50-60 tempo .. then just speed it up to hip hop speed and theres ur beat rite there... ...

Thats was a jewel rite there my friend

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was in the percussion section of my HIgh school Band. During football season I started out on the bass drum because but move to snare once I got the bass boy knocking. I was taught how to play a drum set at the age of 5. I also play piano but have no formal traning.