Copped the MV-8000

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
ayo,

i got the MV-8000! iv been fiending for that shit for like 2 years, ever since i saw what it could do. i sold my Motif Classic as i had grown out of the sequencer and i was gonna get the MP 2500, but i found an amazing deal for an MV - just £750 ($1400) including upgraded RAM and two drum CDs, plus its in v.good condition.

i can tell this is gonna be my main piece till im old and decrepet. aint much u cant do wit this ting, its a monster. the attractive part of it for me is the Fruityloops-like interface. like RZA said its almost got a 'mini Pro Tools' in it.

ill post a review when iv figured out how to use it fully, for those who mite be thinkin of gettin one.

UK heads if u want an MV for £999, i got a source, PM me.

sAfE.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Knox Raw said:
Very Good Investment. Now GO MAKE THAT HEAT!!!!! :whip: (lol!!!!)

push a few buttons, hit a few pads and this shit makes heat for you lol.

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
push a few buttons, hit a few pads and this shit makes heat for you lol.
LOL...I hear that! Congrats on ya MV.

S

serious?

what?!?!?!?!
u sold your Motif?!?!?!
u crazy?!?!?!
why did u do that?!?!
how?!?!?
when?!?!?............. WHY?!?!
haha just kiddin but have fun with your new toy

O

open mind

i would always choose the mv OVER the mpc it just has more to offer.

N

naji

congrat's it's a beast.i have had one for a while.you made a good decision

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
thanks for the comments ppl, iv been finding new ill features on this thing every time i turn it on. and i havent even upgraded to the latest OS yet.

FistFulloDollaz - i havent used the timestretch yet, ima get to that soon. but iv heard its meant to be good. iv tried the autochop function and thats nice, spreads the sample across the pads accurately.

misscc803 - i was also torn between the MV and the 2500. if u can get them for the same price it really is no contest. few reasons:

screen is twice as big
40 gig hardrive BUILT IN as standard, no need to install anythin
RAM is a hell of alot bigger, the MV's standard (128) is the 2500's maximum
CD drive already BUILT IN, u need to cop that seperately with the 2500 n its expensive
8 mixer sliders
contains alot of sick Roland COSM effects
fully controllable mastering

im not being biased, the 2500 is an amazing machine, but i think it is worth saving for the MV.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea thats kewl the MV is nice i was guna get one for a while but i went for the MPC2K in the end i only decided against the MV as its main advantages can be done better in pro tools, thats not ideal for everyone but for a trainee engineer and producer who needs to know pro tools really well it makes sense for me to just use pro tools for those things !
good luck with it tho let us know how u get on !

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Rhythimikal let me know how it goes. I think ima go with coppin an MV-8000 myself. I have been doin mad research and just about every question I had I found an answer that I was looking for. So i'll soon have one.

Nicole

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
wha gwan rhyth thats a big purchase but sounds like a deep machine, but this music shit aint no hobby no more if u drop a g on i unit u gotta ho hard, lol.

but sounds like ur on it so im sure u'll kill it, im still lo budget but im looking to step it up a lil soon as i get some cash till them im 505 on some madlib steez.