Copped the MV-8000

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
misscc803 said:
Rhythimikal let me know how it goes. I think ima go with coppin an MV-8000 myself. I have been doin mad research and just about every question I had I found an answer that I was looking for. So i'll soon have one.

Nicole

yeh ill post a review up asap. i just upgraded to v3.5 which has changed alot of ish (for the better)

Jpeg i never knew u were usin the 505! ill.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Yo, post that review kid...... Ima go cop one of these probably.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
Yea its a pretty nice peice of gear.... If you got that free VGA upgrade then it looks even more sexy.. lol.... Enjoy....

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
The thing I like is that you can mix your entire beat including MIDI modules/keyboards inside the MV-8000. Now I can do all my beats in my room(have an studio but I dont like my gear being out there cause of different people comin into the studio) and have it on a cd. I like the fact that you can sequence your MIDI gear then do the mix down even with the MIDI devices included. Nice work. You dont even need the extra outs either cause you do everything in the board. This shit is gonna be lovely. Im doin my research thats how i know this without actually owning it.

Nicole

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
^^ That was one of my main reasons for picking one up too... You'll end up saving alittle bit of money in the long run... I haven't tried this yet but i hear that the MV works pretty good with the Roland VS series too....

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
the mv is a dope machine just be mindful that many people complain about the learning curve involved with getting to know the machine

its definitely a good piece of gear if you dont use a computer with a daw of some sort like protools

also it is NOT as user friendly as most mpcs excluding the 4000, but dont give up and the knowledge of how to work it will come

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
^^^^

Most of those people go in with the mind set of thinkin its a watered down wanna be mpc instead of a new piece of gear. Roland has always offered me great service and products. Also if u have the VGA installed it makes life a lot easier. I know i got the VGA on my VS-2000 and i can get shit done so much quicker.

Nicole

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Congradulations on your Purchase!!!!!!!!

I myself had the opportunity(Thru so called investors) to get this piece, but the deal fell thru.

Anyway, I have a question:

Is it true that you can adjust the Sampling Bit rate on whatever you sample?

For example, I heard that you can take a 16-bit sample, and turn down the rate to a grimey 12-bit sound rate. You can make the sample sound like it was sampled on an old Akai s950.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU CAN DO THAT !!!!!-----LOL

Also, does anyone know what software program could do that?????

Please holla back.

---Bluphi!!!!!!!!

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
^^^if you can do that, im whipping out the credit card this week. shiiiiiiiiiiiit. i like the fact that it chops samples and spreads em out for you. whoa.

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
cleverwon said:
^^^if you can do that, im whipping out the credit card this week. shiiiiiiiiiiiit. i like the fact that it chops samples and spreads em out for you. whoa.

COOOOOOOO----SIGNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL LOOOOOOOOOLL

LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Man its a beast from what i have read, seen, and heard. Alot of people underate it b/c its interface is totally different from an mpc and they neva take the time to actually learn it.

Nicole

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
misscc803 said:
Man its a beast from what i have read, seen, and heard. Alot of people underate it b/c its interface is totally different from an mpc and they neva take the time to actually learn it.

Nicole
Yo, the fuckin sequencer is a graphic one... that right there shits on the mpc. i mean, im a visual nigga, so thats why i hate fucking with the mp's sequencer. all them numbers confuse me. but i seen a screenshot of the mv's sequencer, and it looks sick, just like fuckin sonar or protools and shit. man.

Im getting this shit just like this here:

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM04/Content/Roland/PR/MV-8000-V2-lg.jpg

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Damn, I am an FL Studio fool but, this MV-8000 is temptimg me to spend some money. That interface looks real user friendly and I kinda want to get a new piece of hardware to make beats on. We'll see.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
misscc803 said:
^^^^

Where u gonna cop yours from? Let me know when u get it? Also are u using an mpc right or no?

Nicole

ps Sorry i just get excited about music stuff sometimes.
ima get it from guitar center probly. and yea, i got the mpc 1000 and the motif es6 which i use.

C

Clientelekid

yea damn man you need to show us some beats u made on that mv i having a hard choice from choosing from the mpc2000xl-mcd or the mv-8000 for sampling and making dat real hiphop