Crunk Soul Beats

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Yo!!!!!!!!

I know its been a very long time people since you have seen this thread. I told you previously in this thread that I was interested in crunk soul beats and was going to attempt to make one. My comp. crashed, alot of other shit happened but I did manage to make 2 crunk soul beats from sampling/composition. I really tried on them and im really not much of a sampler. Everyone pretty much knows me here at illmuzik and you guys know that im not tryin to post my tracks outside of the showcase, i just told eveybody when i was done i would let them know. Please do not close this thread if you dont have to. The tracks are "So much" and "MacMan" on www.soundclick.com/elementreebeats. Check them out if you get a chance. They were alot of fun to make.

Peace,

Tree

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Relic said:
Gotta get home and check these out... crunk/soul= sunk?
Wasnt outcast doin a form of crunkish soul on atliens tho?

yea that album was defintely some early sunk (or croul, which i suggested in this thread originaly...)

Mac Man:
this track is cool, feels nice, and fits real well. i would have preffered some more chopping and that the sample had been flipped a bit more, but its a cool track.

SO much:
Now this is more my style. this is a sick combination, those drums and the chops. i might have to experiment with some of this stuff, although im not a big fan of 808s myslef. you def made it work though, this si nice.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
u heard that cat who makes beats for Luda who uses old soul samples with 808 super-clean drums? i.e. 'Georgia'. thats dope as hell, wish i would of thought of that 1st.

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That's not that new 3-6 been doing it way before then. They just more noticable now that they won the oscar. I love it, it shows that music has no bounds on it. Your free to create what ever. That's like over hear in Belguim, they don't sample a lot but they can make a 2 step beat rock. Now, I see a lot of there beats sound more like in the states.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Frictionbeats said:
What about Reggaeton?
Reaggeton was labeled "Dancehall" untill it was "different enough" to be called something else. But during the transition between dancehall and reaggeton there's alot of music that you could label both dancehall and reaggeton.

same goes with blues, gospel, soul, r'n'b, funk, rock, punk, or whatever.

The reason I said that no genre has ever been created is because the need for labeling has never come from the artist. Later on, record executives, dj's, journalists or whatever, has given the music a new label.

You'd never hear anyone in 3-6 call their music "crunk soul".

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Just because the need for lableling didn't come from the artist doesn't mean that someone way back whenever didn't create a genre. I believe that I can safely say that Jungle/Drum 'n Bass music didn't exist in 1877. So, somewhere between then and 2006, somebody started it. I don't know who did but somebody had to or it wouldn't exist. Feel me?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
There's of course some exceptions, but most of the time the transition between genres is so diffuse that it's hard to see a definite change from one genre to another.

Imo, nobody created jungle, it evolved from other genres (ragga and whatnot) until it was different enough for someone to say "You call this ragga? This is definetly something else!"