Digging: Crap/Jewel ratio.....

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Streetwize said:
theres neraly always SOMETHING you can sample from a record

whether its a dope ass loop or whether its a break or a hihat or a roll or percussion, theres always something

I agree. I have used every record i have. Sometimes you listent o a record the first time and you dont hear anything worth using. Then you listen to it again two months later and you find yourself making 10 beats of that record.

Digging is a beautiful thang.

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
FTdub said:
I think as the more you dig, the better your ratio gets because you get to be a more discriminating buyer. And as you accumulate records you have less need to buy what you are unsure of. But I alsways take a chance on a few records each dig because, thats the rush, finding dope obscure stuff. Any record you can take even one 2 second sample from is a success. Just cuz you don't know how to use it today, doesn't mean tomorrow you won't either.

cosgin, im hella skeptical of records but when i buy something i ususally find a record that i like and that has dope shit to sample on it

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Copenhagen said:
Good loops that stand out af really far inbetween, where stuff you can chop and arrange together with other stuff happens more often.
Fela Kuti is nice. Black Ivory only have a few good songs I think...
Anyway, go for it!

^^^^Now thats the ticket.^^^^ It's not always what you sample but, how you sample it.

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well diggin is an art in itself. it al depends on if you search only randomly, or if our searching for something in particular. it will narow the field.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
I don't have a turntable, so i'm a virtual digger, and my ratio is like 1:35 or something. The 35 ain't all crap, but sometime it has no break, the beat is tight but there singings on hit and that make it unsamplelable lol, i'm not talking about singing a la "thru the wire" were it was very good even during Kanye's verse, but more like a constant singing.

But the time we put in digging, is more than making the actual beat yourself, but the problem is, that when you make your beat yourself, a lot of time it'll will not have a professionnal sound.

**** 200 post!!!! ****

J

j2 is the name

man, i feel so lazy compared to yall vinyl heads. I... 1. download many albums completely random off of newsgroups 2. load them in winamp 3. play them on random till somethin hits me.

yeah, i'm bout 1 for 20. even THEN after i try and freak it i might not even end up with somethin i like, but hey, like busta rhymes said this rap shit aint made for every swollen muffin.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Dope Picture Wings! you draw that?

i really don't sample anymore. i'm learning music theory now in my lab, prolly going out like shoch G with a keyboard on my arm.. haha i feel like spirits feel me when i play alone

members online