do you need artists to perform on your beats?

if you want vocalists and you are willing to forego upfront money, I will help you find artists. yes I plan to benefit from this. what's in it for me? money. same thing that's in it for you and the artists we find. let's talk about it.
on average, How much would be made per beat?

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
on average, How much would be made per beat?
idk. nothing at first. you'd have a copy the artist should have a copy, you'd both push and make something happen. your goals would be different. the artist wants to get gigs and you want to get paying clients, all the while you'd both have viable material to manipulate. to get your hands moving and stay busy. when you can't get work in your field you intern or volunteer. etc etc

idk. nothing at first. you'd have a copy the artist should have a copy, you'd both push and make something happen. your goals would be different. the artist wants to get gigs and you want to get paying clients, all the while you'd both have viable material to manipulate. to get your hands moving and stay busy. when you can't get work in your field you intern or volunteer. etc etc
alllllllllright, I'm interested. so how's Your side like? for how long have you been doin this? what got you into it? how'd you find artists? etc?

itzSAYKRIDD

Beatmaker
Are you asking producers to make a beat and pay the artist to record on the beat?

I been making music for a long time, so i have some knowledge, it doesnt work like that.

Producers and artists collab, the beat is free, the vocals are free, you both discuss how the promotion/release will go ahead and you then split the royalties, no one should PAY upfront,

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Are you asking producers to make a beat and pay the artist to record on the beat?

I been making music for a long time, so i have some knowledge, it doesnt work like that.

Producers and artists collab, the beat is free, the vocals are free, you both discuss how the promotion/release will go ahead and you then split the royalties, no one should PAY upfront,
no. I'm talking about developing young indie artists with few resources into session musicians. no money changes hands (unless you guys make your own agreements), do your splits, push the work. Most rappers that need beats, most of the people that would lease your beat if they found it, do not know what to do with the work they create. most recordings are forgotten way too soon and never supported as they should be. due to the nature of our position in the structure we just have a little more knowledge than most young rappers. we have more of a need to know things than they do so we do more research on the business and the major players as well as how we can carve off enough to eat with. I'm talking about collaborations with a curated group of dope responsible artists. there is a small bit more to it, but to make things easier we can leave it there until there is enough interest to warrant further development and discussion. nothing new here, only the opportunity to run together, rather than alone on the same path.

paying for features from well known artists that could bring publicity from their name has been a thing for a long time. But if i was to do it Id deal with the person personally and negotiate with them.
My reggae and dancehall mates are always paying for dubplates from big name artists performing dubs of their classics.

in what I'm talking about there is no need for money to change hands. this would mostly benefit people that are gettin No play rn. if you're buying verses you already got a lil bit of traction or at least the means to buy some traction.
no. I'm talking about developing young indie artists with few resources into session musicians. no money changes hands (unless you guys make your own agreements), do your splits, push the work. Most rappers that need beats, most of the people that would lease your beat if they found it, do not know what to do with the work they create. most recordings are forgotten way too soon and never supported as they should be. due to the nature of our position in the structure we just have a little more knowledge than most young rappers. we have more of a need to know things than they do so we do more research on the business and the major players as well as how we can carve off enough to eat with. I'm talking about collaborations with a curated group of dope responsible artists. there is a small bit more to it, but to make things easier we can leave it there until there is enough interest to warrant further development and discussion. nothing new here, only the opportunity to run together, rather than alone on the same path.
as long as the artists are decent and have potential and are reliable then yes aint that what we all want to do?

drex

superpimp trillionaire
yeah, thats what I said. I went on to say that instead of running the same race alone on the same path in the same forum at the same time... we should explore running the race together. centipede feet. I see this is confusing. It must be the way I am presenting it.
BRB

drex

superpimp trillionaire
what you do now;
make beats, show beats. wait for rappers to show up
sell beats to rappers. wait for rappers
some rappers finish tracks, you say good luck, and hope rappers blow up

what you'll do after;
make beats, audition rappers who apply for the beat
assign beats to rappers you like with projects you like
develop plans for project promotion
push projects along with artists (both get paid)
make more beats repeat cycle.

many of us lack the ingredients to cover the unspoken steps, and may not even know what those steps are.
this is why I propose running together. separate we are weak, together we are strong.

many of us lack the ingredients to cover the unspoken steps, and may not even know what those steps are.
this is why I propose running together. separate we are weak, together we are strong.
thats what ive been saying for quite a while, united we stand divided we fall

what you do now;
make beats, show beats. wait for rappers to show up
sell beats to rappers. wait for rappers
some rappers finish tracks, you say good luck, and hope rappers blow up

what you'll do after;
make beats, audition rappers who apply for the beat
assign beats to rappers you like with projects you like
develop plans for project promotion
push projects along with artists (both get paid)
make more beats repeat cycle.

All I want tho is to find rappers who are willing to pay, I don't give a fuck where my beat goes really. I can do this trap shit in 5 seconds.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
that's cool too... look at it like this... an empty storefront vs a well stocked boutique. which will attract more shoppers? you can still get down with the promo side. everyone will benefit from the noise you make, just like you will benefit from the noise everyone else makes. sound fair? besides, there's more to it like performance rights and stream royalties foreign royalties etc... where you can get your dough even before you sell while you sell and after you sell... I'm just tryina get all the pieces on the board so we can figure out the game we can run. at the same time, you gotta show me how to knock out a trap beat in 5 seconds
if not and you wanna be down from a distance thats cool too. no hard feelings

that's cool too... look at it like this... an empty storefront vs a well stocked boutique. which will attract more shoppers? you can still get down with the promo side. everyone will benefit from the noise you make, just like you will benefit from the noise everyone else makes. sound fair? besides, there's more to it like performance rights and stream royalties foreign royalties etc... where you can get your dough even before you sell while you sell and after you sell... I'm just tryina get all the pieces on the board so we can figure out the game we can run. at the same time, you gotta show me how to knock out a trap beat in 5 seconds
Do a cliche ass melody with C, G, and G# in it, + maybe an occasional C# or smth, do tons of hats, random trtrtrts on them, especiallly before snare, thin kick, some 808 with the same 3 notes but random, TOTALLY RANDOM clicks on the piano roll so u variate them, do one or 2 pads, play round with gross beats, max reverb and delay on almost everything. then to make it even easier, u don't have add anythin for the hooks, just subtract from the verses and they like it better this way.

there's also a Method 2 that i found which is golden really, Imma put it in a thread for ya.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
oh shit, I think I read you wrong. if you just wanna dump beats in a trust for instance like consignment yeah sure, the group can help match to artists and you set your rates but still I want the collective knowledge and experience of the ill squad to lead the promo efforts of the final product, as I said, and please anyone, correct me if I'm wrong, most artists don't know how to milk a single and push a project. some of us may but I bet most of us dont have the complete ecosystem to handle a project from paper to master recording. we have the knowledge experience connections equipment, full eco environment as a collective to support artists so the work doesnt collapse. taking care of the artist will encourage more artists to sub and buy... still drawing up the plans. Thanks for the blueprint doc!