Does anybody sample of mp3s?

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I sample from mp3s, wavs, input from my cable box, vhs tapes, cds, turntables, mic, whatever. It's all good.

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I’ll sample of the 8 tracks my dad has a 8 track player with 8 tracks but that will suck if you miss the part you wanted to sample you have start it all over again

E

ehud

Yeah, you can sample from an mp3 and it can sound hot, depending how you use it.

For example: a 'filler' or a piano melody mixed low in a track, especially if you really scoop out the high end can sound great.

If you were sampling something like a vocal chop from an mp3, that would mixed out in front, it could sound 'cheap' if you're not careful. Not grimy or gritty or dusty or sloppy, which are all good things in hiphop production.

I wish someone told me that like 3 years ago.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I feel what you said earlier ehud, and you are right but you either have to know what to listen for or you have to have an exceptional ear. Any audiophile will tell you that mp3's sound quality is crap but the average person doesn't even know or listen close enough to the difference.

MOF

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
I do. I know lots of people will want to "keep it real" and sample nothing but vinyl or CD's, etc but let's face it - it's 2007. MP3's is where it's at. I'm not saying DON'T sample vinyl but if all you have at your disposal is MP3's, or if can only find that hot sample from an MP3 you have, then go for it.

EXACTLY!!! Get up on the times people. Forget keeping real...just concentrate on keeping it right.