Don't Sleep on GarageBand (or its Sampler) In iOS

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Any iOS people here? Don't sleep on GarageBand and its sampler as what it can do is limitless.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Yea, started on FL, but in 06 I got an iMac with garageband... started by just using drum loops and recording live instruments, then once I got the hang the piano roll / sequencer, and learned how to add my own drum samples I started doing my own drums. Tap them in with a midi controller, then quantize and tweak the notes in the piano roll... Then learned about chopping samples and adding them to different notes across the keyboard... It's like they say tho, it doesn't really matter what daw you use it's all about how well you know it.

I've been using Garageband 09 since, well... 2009! I know there're some things that can't be accomplished inside the version I'm using, but limitation also encourages creativity :up2:

Any beats you've heard from me have all been produced in Garageband 09. I also use Audacity for changing the speed / tempo of samples, pitch changes, and reverse effects.

I always think about upgrading to Logic, or at least the newest version of GB... just never did.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Get @crog85 Logic as you won't be disappointed.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I'm @thedreampolice @crog85 using GarageBand iOS on iPhone 13 Pro Max and when/if I try to AirDrop a project to GB macOS (running Big Sur) it opens in Apple Music (which I don't use nor like) when I want it to open in GarageBand macOS. How do I AirDrop from GB iOS to GB macOS without involving Apple Music?

I know of but never tried the Handoff option on iPhone but would that be and is that a way to transfer GB iOS projects to GB macOS?

I'm @DPrezd Beggar familiar w/the Pete Johns aka Studio Live Today vids you found for me but damn if, while I understand most YT vids when clear and concise explanations are given, Apple ain't making their system complicated at times.

Last edited:

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Ive only ever moved the project to my google drive and downloaded to my desktop from there… but if u have the desktop version, WHY ARE U SCREWING AROUND ON YOUR PHONE?! USE THE DESKTOP VERSION!!!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
It doesn’t sound like you are airdropping the actual project. Maybe you are just airdropping the mix? Like a .wav .au. .mp3 file. Apple Music can NOT open garage band project files. If you have iCloud enabled then it should sync everything and there should be no need for airdrop.

And @crog85 calm down, tons of people are making beats in their phone. Even Damn by Kendrick had a few iPhone beats on it.

Last edited:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @crog85 use the iPhone iOS version to continue my daily/weekly mission of beat making as I'm not always on my laptop to do so.

When @thedreampolice I tried to AirDrop my GB iOS beat remakes I've been doing, it opens as an .m4a in Apple Music hence me being pissed off as to what I experience. I choose "song" when AirDropping and Apple Music is where it opens up and I don't want it to.

Last edited:

crog85

Back to the Grind...
@OGBama I just did it, thru google drive and it moves the .band file… Just upload a new file in google drive app, find you project (.band) file in your directory, then upload… just download that file on your laptop and u should be good to go

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
So @crog85 do I choose "Project" when I see options to "send song to" and then use Handoff? I have a Gmail acct but rarely use it.

Last edited:

crog85

Back to the Grind...
So @crog85 do I choose "Project" when I see options to "send song to" and then use Handoff?
Idk, only ever done it thru google drive… check my last post…
@OGBama I just did it, thru google drive and it moves the .band file… Just upload a new file in google drive app, find you project (.band) file in your directory, then upload… just download that file on your laptop and u should be good to go
:this:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @crog85 @thedreampolice selected project option in GB iOS on iPhone and sent it to my MBP then it opened as a .band file in GB macOS!

Last edited: