dopest "mpc style" drum software right here

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
When do you find time to actually go to work? lol

I see many of these sellin, its pretty dope lookin, combines alot of the best of both worlds.
What hardware peice are you using for the pads? (Maschine?)

hahahahah lol I know right? lol.

Yeah I used maschine.

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
linplug rmIV... ever checked that ?

no I haven't I've about it, seems I need to peep it.

what I like about this, is that it's simple...straight to the point, and it's cheap too so it's in reach for most people.

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
Maschine or BPM way better.

I have maschine, have you ever tried to layer sounds on maschine?

also, maschine is 600 bucks lol... it's way more than a drum sampler.

this is a simple drum playback software, that quickly let's you layer your sounds and tweak them...despite all the other drum software around, many make it too hard, add too much, and as a result charge way more.

I get questions all the time from folks looking for a simple...key word, simple program where they can take the drums they already have, mix, match, layer, tweak and play.

trust me, this joint is sick...because it's so simple.

I have maschine, battery, guru, ableton (drum racks), sampla.... they all do similar stuff, but it seems everyone just "missed the boat" in regards to simple drum layering and playback

if you have your favorite daw already...then a simple drum sampler like this fits right in.

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
it's a vst, I don't use a mac so I'm not sure. If you have an app on mac that can use both vsts and au plugins you may be able to use it.

it's just a dll file, no windows installer or anything.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
is this just software or do u physically get that drum machine and u can adjust settings on the computer like an mpd

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah, usually I'm not too impressed with a lot of software these days....this is pretty dope.......I wouldn't mind copping this ....

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
no I haven't I've about it, seems I need to peep it.

what I like about this, is that it's simple...straight to the point, and it's cheap too so it's in reach for most people.

I dont know about it being cheap, but the sound is great like most linplug products. It has a very cool envelope, 6 layers which are easy to f with and a mod matrix. It also includes a drumsynth which isnt to bad either.

rmiv.jpg

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I never heard of that, Formant. What is that called?

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
yeah...I read up on it, it looks cool, but again it seems a lil overkill for what most folks want. Many just want a simple plugin that they can layer their sounds in. That's why I posted Poise. I've tried a lot of others and they are good at what they do, looks like rmv is great...but not everyone needs or even wants to mess with all that lol.

Thats' why I think so many peeps are diggin the Poise joint, because there's really nothing to learn, you just drag in your sounds and bang out :)

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^ its really simple, click a pad, select a sample... what's really good about RM is the engine, it sounds really good. You dont need to use the synthesis anyway, i know its good but that's because i used it for house/hardcore tracks aswell so hiphopheads shouldnt bother much about the modulation matrix etc unless a. you have experience and b. like madvillianous kinda productions hehe.

AHDR ? What happened to sustain ? lol

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Joe meet Formant, our Dutch super hyper into specs guy but rightfully so with a large studio in smoke alot land.

Formant meet Joe a great new addition who runs a succesful sound and gear reviewing website with invaluable info. The 2 of you should have fun convos on shit like this. As long as Formant isnt too high on some good amsterdam and in a pissy mood (j/k lol)

members online