dopest "mpc style" drum software right here

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Why call Waves for support?

Just youtube it....hit up forums....people have the answers there....and don't have to sit on the phone for an hour waiting...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
You may sit on the phone line with Pizza Hut for an hour.

LMAO...

I mean...I've had the Mercury Bundle for months now...and I've yet to call them for support...

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
It's just crazy because everyone here wants to get paid from selling there beats, and yet seem ok that developers who but in tons of money and work to make these products get screwed.

Bottom line if you make money with your music, buy your software.

I hear that alot, if you make money buy it, I definitely understand the idea behind it, but I still don't think that's the proper outlook really, because it says if you're not making money, then it's okay to steal it. But I definitely understand the logic behind the statement, I just think it's only half of the story.

In response to the other comments.....

Bottom line is this, people are not going out and just grabbing physical products and if they are, they aren't as open about it, because they know it's wrong.

The same mindset doesn't seem to apply to software for some reason, even though it's still a product.

One could argue all day about the value or worth of a product vs what you pay for it, from shoes, to houses, to cars, to speakers, to food...but just because you don't feel that house is worth it, you don't steal it because you feel that the realtors/builders are "taking away your dream of living in a nice house"

Like I said, I know it's really a personal decision, and only an individual can make up their mind about what they will do in the situation. I've just never seen anyone give a good explanation of why they should be able to steal software.

What if we heard about a certain music gear store that had a "glitch" in their alarm system, every other wednesday at 10:11 pm the back door would open and the alarm would shut down.

How many would feel "okay" going in and grabbin what they want? Because "hey, they should fix their alarm system, and I want it, and I don't think it's worth the price so....as long as the alarm system is broke, I'm gonna get what I want..."

For whatever reason, the perceived value of software and intellectual products aren't looked at the same way as physical products.

I think no matter what type of copy protection or measures are taken by companies people will still find a way to get around it and steal the software, it has nothing to do with the protection that is in place, it has more to do with the perception of software and intellectual property as a whole, especially in this internet driven world where information is free.

Atom_Crewz

ill o.g.
The groups that program and sell software are typically in a better position to gamble on success of a product than a ground-level artist.
-Some developers offer non-commercial use for free, but charge for commercial use. This means that the larger studios aren't getting a free ride, and uses impoverished musicians for what they have to offer: free promotion.
With the "me me me, now now now" profit model, the lowest rung always ends up carrying the greatest weight, and the whole model suffers. Ensuring that the doors to monetary success remain closed to startup studios without massive investment capital.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"The groups that program and sell software are typically in a better position to gamble on success of a product than a ground-level artist"

Not necessarily many plugin developers are one man shows as well.

But you should just buy Reason/Record duo and be done with it anyway. It has everything you need :)

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
"What if we heard about a certain music gear store that had a "glitch" in their alarm system, every other wednesday at 10:11 pm the back door would open and the alarm would shut down.

How many would feel "okay" going in and grabbin what they want? Because "hey, they should fix their alarm system, and I want it, and I don't think it's worth the price so....as long as the alarm system is broke, I'm gonna get what I want..."

No lie, Im there..... Where is this?

Let me add that ALL MC's think that ALL BEATS SHOULD BE FREE and look at you if you have three heads if you want to charge.. lol
SO THAT IS WHY upon occaiaion I will cop some free sounds or whatever.. No matter how I explain that the guys at Akia and Avid dont seem to think that because I can make good beats that they should give me their product for free and this is why I charge to record and mix a person even if they make good rhymes, artists I meet face to face dont seem to get this..'

A good example (and I am dropping this dude as a result although he doesnt know it yet) : My wife is at the hairshop yesterday , her stylist's boyfriend is a singer who has been trying to do some work with me for a while. Admittedly bra man has had difficulty securing longterm employment and has talent so I opened up the door to him. So yesterday he comments that we need to let him paint the interior of our home "its not like Im gonna charge you alot for it" ...HHHmmmmm... So you charge eh?
So ...let me get this str8...
YOU should have FREE beats and production and engineering and mastering and artist development and cowriting done for you but painting costs money?
Now I understand that he needs employment, but I NEED actual money right now and I just happened to be thinking at the time that I wished I had a second income comming in when I heard this.. Hell I only get paid once a month and our copays just went through the roof and guess who had to go to the dr this month? I dont mind telling yall I have like $100 to make it the rest of the month and look at the date of this posting..
I think I feel myself flushing as I type this , because I SHOULD be getting an actual income from this muzik ish! lol..
Hot potato , dude said the wrong words.

So anyway like most things I see both sides to all this.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Yeah, there are a lot of emcees that want beats "on the strength", pullin that hood buddy buddy shit with me...

Don't get me wrong, I made 30 grand tomorrow in music, best believe I will buy everything I copped for free and then some. It's only right.. Trust that I do want my own shit that I can call only my own, but can't afford it right now...

I'm just trying to keep up with the Joneses.....

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
I bing'd poise and got a page about adult under garments! LOL!!!

Saint Joe, your vid had my hopes up! I downloaded the trial and couldn't get it to work.

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
I bing'd poise and got a page about adult under garments! LOL!!!

Saint Joe, your vid had my hopes up! I downloaded the trial and couldn't get it to work.

hahahaha at undergarments

not sure whasup wit the demo, it's a pretty simple file, just stick that dll in your vst folder.

I'm still using it on win 7 x64, I haven't had any issues. You on pc right? It doesn't work on mac, even though some vsts do.