Drum Digging, need some help from experienced cats here

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
a couple HUNDRED

bigdmakintrax said:
i bet you its that one thats been circulating around for months.....easily about75 or more classic breaks?

abuot 350 by my estimate... i quit counting around 200.

N

nevaspend

i know .. old thread but here's some solid advice. buy yourself an inexpensive numark or vestax portable and take the time to listen to some records. ill drums can be found in any genre of music from rock to funk to disco but you actually have to assert yourself and put in the time to look for them. you could always buy drum kits from banging beats or whatever but there is so much music out there that's been untouched that its just crazy. i'm constantly coming up on obscure shit. most US funk/soul has been sampled to death so now i focus more on european joints because alot of them are obscure and you won't find them in your local record store. diggin is a hard job but can often be well worth the time you invest.

Y

yuck

funk is where its at if your looking from nice drums...i buy records and download songs to find samples so if you got a program that lets you download shit try searching from breaks,drum skits,funk,soul if the song doesnt got a break then delete it...its kind of a lazier way to dig, but im usually broke so thats how i find shit...i'll give one song for some nice drums

house of the rising funk

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Cold for the fact that u can't afford to buy random CD. doesnt mean u should count them out... many of the large companies let u hear a good part of their CDs... check out...

http://www.bigfishaudio.com/4DCGI/index.html

they have a great selection w/ full audio snippet... plus they have full loops, then the loops are broken down to just the hits in the loop...

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
all i was gonna say was as far as hits what i do is sample classical off vinyl or truthfully off the radio, tweak the tune, chopped it, filter the shit out of it, then put that bitch on sixteen levels and ka-bam.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
man, theres lots of producers f.e. in the seek of souls community :) . youll get tons of good "suggestions" by just typing in "breaks" or "drums".
anther recommendation would be the "the-breaks.com" forums, those cats always philosophing bout the hot breaks and loops, you can carry loads of knowledge out of there. jus give it a try
peace mike

members online