Drums!!!!

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've been using the same kit for a year now and it's an 808 kit, I need more drums, I wanna sample them but I'm now sure how to make a whole kit with or just kick and snare with some sounds on my records, I'm using the EPS 16+ to program my drums!

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
jus cut the kick, snare, hi hat and any other fills and assign them to different keys

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Damn download some SHit yo try www.freesounds.com or just search the net for wat u want if u no wat ur doin on the internet u can find watever u want and ill just leave it at that

oNe

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
jaydub23510 said:
I've been using the same kit for a year now and it's an 808 kit, I need more drums, I wanna sample them but I'm now sure how to make a whole kit with or just kick and snare with some sounds on my records, I'm using the EPS 16+ to program my drums!

damn man i dont think ive ever used the same kit twice! yah, you can find loads of free samples on all those beat cd websites

ill o.g.
or try my favorite thing: chop up old drum beats or 'breaks' as they are sometimes called. You will learn a thing or two about sampling too ;) this will require you follow hoppa and others advice about finding some samples and shit though anywayz. have fun

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
mercurywaters said:
you've been using one kit!?!?!?! :eek: :gosh:

not exactly man, I have a drum machine midi'd up that has mad kits, but they sound corny now, 80's sounding shit to me, I have 2 kits that's from SYNTAUR.COM for the Eps16+ that I really like but I'm ready for a change now, losing creativity bad with limited drums! I can sample and get the rest of my sounds it's just the drums I'm unsure of,

For example when I sample from a record, I can get the sample pitched across all the keys the higher you go on the scale the faster the sample plays and what have you, but I wanna sample a record put the kick on note C#, the snare on A#, and so on I don't know what settings I should use for this, Ensoniq products can't be all that different somebody help me out please

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
what do u use 2 make beats maybe I can give u a few drum kits If u want

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
CampO said:
what do u use 2 make beats maybe I can give u a few drum kits If u want

see man I use hardware, I use the EPS16+ exclusively for most of my sequencing then I dump the sequence into Cubase and tweak it up with effects and eq and stuff!

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
Yo Man Sample Into That Joint Isnt It A Sampler? Sample Some Old Records , Drum Breaks, Anything U Can Get Your Hands On Chop Them, Layer Them , Add Effects And Make Your Own Kits.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
i dont kno if people are ware of this but new law was passed in the coutrs saying.. if an artist can prove you jacked there drums they can sue you.... so trying 2 steal neptune drums ..timbo drums.. em drums kanye drumz.. will have u scareed in courts if they want 2

was told this by some highly repescterd engineeers.. that were actually happy cuz now they can mic stuff up again...

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
themucka said:
i dont kno if people are ware of this but new law was passed in the coutrs saying.. if an artist can prove you jacked there drums they can sue you.... so trying 2 steal neptune drums ..timbo drums.. em drums kanye drumz.. will have u scareed in courts if they want 2

was told this by some highly repescterd engineeers.. that were actually happy cuz now they can mic stuff up again...

I heard about it, ... but I guess it's really hard to prove in court , especially if you alter those sounds (even slightly) ...

D

DaFunkDocta2004

themucka said:

No one cares about some court ruling. Catch me if you can...

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yo the neptunes and timbos drums are all free to use.. they from sound modules... they can only get you for jackin a drum break from a record... and if you cut up your drums i guarantee no one could ever prove where you got them.. unless some rare circumstance like a loud background noise that was recognizable or something... but in general sampling your drums, choppin them up, and then eq and compression, aint nobody gonna ever get sued for a "kick" or a "snare".... and themucka is far from right about that ... no other producer would be able to sue you for using one of their kicks or snares or even whole kits for that matter... cuz where do you think they got them from....

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
Ok Understand This.. Once They Have Recordfed It.. Eq And Put It On Tape Any Product ..and You Sample It You Can Be Sued If They Can Prove They Used Ther Sound... For Instance.. Lets Say The Make The Own Clap And Snare And Kick Wich They Do... I Kno Engineers Who Work For Them Jimmy Douglas In Particular.. And You Sample There Sound Off A Record Or Cd.. Which Mofos Do.. You Can Be Sued... Yes Now If You Use The Infamous Al Green Kick You Can Be Sued... Obviously This Aint Gonna Mata If You Dig Deep. And Choppp And Arrange Properly.. But For The Asses That Like 2 Jus Go The Cheap Route And Jack The Famous Trakmaster Clap For There Songs This Will Stop... And The Neptunes Drums... Dre Drums... Keep Thinking They Jus Use A Kick The Doublke Them Shits Up.. Record Live Over It... 2 Fatten It... And Plug Ins And Outbaords Hear 2 Achieve That Sound... Wat This Does It Stop The Biters From Having It 2 Easy... And Im Not Sure On The Slightly Tuning It Thing So I Wont Comment On That.. But As For A Sample Wit 2 A Bar Or More If Its Tuned Down Or Up Even Pitched N Time And They Can Prove It You Can Be Sued .. There Are Things Called Maters For These Purpose.. Asd Well As Others

ALSO STOPS ENGINEERS FROM SELLING THERE DRUMS 2 COMPANIES WHICH DOES HAPPEN

D

DaFunkDocta2004

Well, my musical upbringing in Hip-Hop would never allow me to buy drum CDs or sample "Impeach the President", that Bobby Hutcherson break, Al Green, "Substitution", or any of those CDs. But that's just ME, cuz even Pete Rock has copped some drum CDs. I just dig and dig deep. Shoot, I drop the needle, buy different size rubber and metal balls, etc. I stopped using full loops of breaks, too. But, again, that's just ME. So, I really don't care what engineer says about whatever, I'm never going to BUY drums off some dude. I think I'd get physically ill.

But, you are exactly right, this court ruling may put a stop to blatant biting for the upcoming artist or producer. But, it may also but a divide between those who CAN afford to clear that oh-so-popular sound that's more "marketable" than taking a chance on a newer---even though FREE---sound. Sad situation.

D

DaFunkDocta2004

naw, "Substitution", as in the drum break used first by Ultramagnetic, then made extra popular by Naughty By Nature's "OPP" and a dozen other records. I would only chop those up for mixtape isht, lol. PROMO only, lol.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
that track masters clap and the kanye clap are from a kit or module or cd you can buy.. thats all im sayin... so sampling neptunes or kanye drums dont mean nuthin cause you could buy them if you wanted... them puttin eq or something on it dont matter

members online