Eminem - Encore, biggest dissapointment of the year

• beat this! voting starts in...

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
The album does not suck (*background voice "Haters!"). The first time I heard it I wasn't feeling it either. After listening to it a few times I have to say it's some classic Em shit. Now if you don't like Em (because he's "pop" now) then you're not gonna like this album. I personal have liked Eminem since before his Slim Shady LP dropped, no not because of "My Name Is" I actually got some promo shit and was telling peeps about this guy. Most people were haters, until I said Dre produced some shit. Anyways, a hater is a hater is a hater and will always say that Em sucks even if they do secretly bump his shit in their car. He has one "pop" song on there, but he throws a couple on every album. EVERYONE in here would do the same for the sales, unless you're truly in it for the love of Hip Hop. He's still staying true to the underground in my eyes because he is not conforming to the usual pop format in his lyrics. He says what he wants to and I respect him as an underground rapper who came up against all odds to become biggest rapper of current time. (Just so y'all don't get it twisted, I know that Pac was the greatest of ALL time!)

Ctrl

T

The Bastard

M!nd_Ctrl said:
The album does not suck (*background voice "Haters!"). The first time I heard it I wasn't feeling it either. After listening to it a few times I have to say it's some classic Em shit. Now if you don't like Em (because he's "pop" now) then you're not gonna like this album. I personal have liked Eminem since before his Slim Shady LP dropped, no not because of "My Name Is" I actually got some promo shit and was telling peeps about this guy. Most people were haters, until I said Dre produced some shit. Anyways, a hater is a hater is a hater and will always say that Em sucks even if they do secretly bump his shit in their car. He has one "pop" song on there, but he throws a couple on every album. EVERYONE in here would do the same for the sales, unless you're truly in it for the love of Hip Hop. He's still staying true to the underground in my eyes because he is not conforming to the usual pop format in his lyrics. He says what he wants to and I respect him as an underground rapper who came up against all odds to become biggest rapper of current time. (Just so y'all don't get it twisted, I know that Pac was the greatest of ALL time!)

Ctrl
whut if i was feelin the early eminem shit but now i think the shit he puts out is watered down garbage and pre teenage bitch and moan anthems,am i still a hater? and jus for the record ''the greatest rapper of all time died on march 9th''

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
All I Gotta Say If Most Of You Are Haters.............gotta Admit Em Does Have Some Wack Tracks On The New Album..........and He Says Some Wack Shit...............but Can U Honestly Tell Me That You Have Ever Heard Someone Flow Like Em Does.........naaaaa, I Dont Think So............i Dunno The Song, But #8 On The Album Is Redic The Way He Flows.........none Of You On This Website Can Do Wut He Does So Stop The Hatin.............................as Far As Porduction, That Is Typical Dre Shit, Same As Its Been....................listen The Encore, That's A Classssssssssiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccc Dre Track.

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
^^^^^ Lol...i Didn't Mean That,,.........but Most Of You Will Get A Kick Outta My Typo........poorduction!!!! Lol

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i have never heard anyone spit uite like em on this new one, you are right...so does that mean i am supposed to like it?

why the fuck is it so hard to accept that everyone doesnt like it, that while you may think its good/great, others think its garbage? because if everyone who doesnt like it is a "hater", then all of you who DO like it are "dickriders, right?

"none Of You On This Website Can Do Wut He Does So Stop The Hatin"....
you basically saying that unless you are selling 10 million records, you have no right to an opinion.

you guys are iigggnnannnt man..... i love the nas album... a lot of people dont.... they arent "haters" because they aint feelin some shit i think is dope...they are just people with their OWN independant opinions.....

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Do you people know why this album sucks?? Really, this album deserves 3 MICS/STARS/WHATEVER on 5. But 3/5 for an Eminem album is really BAD. In my opinion, SSLP deserved 4/5, MMLP 4.5 and Eminem Show 5/5. So for an Eminem album, in MY OPINION, that SUCKS, but for what it is , it's a litttle above average

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
This album sucks because he raps like Triumph the Dog for entire fuckin song

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Encore-A Month After

I know this album has already been discussed, but I have been giving it some serious listening time. There was a lot of discussion about the CD growing on you, so I thought I would bring it up again. If this cd is still in rotation in your car, let me know how you feel about it after some solid listening:

Evil Deeds- Really liked it when I first heard it. Kinda got bored
Like Toy Soldiers- Just a question: He keeps talking about someone getting killed, who is he talking about or is just metaphorical.
Big Weenie- First verse is terrible. That high voice is obnoxious. at 1:30 he switches to his normal voice, and its like night and day. I think that moment crystallizes the problem with the album
Mockingbird- Best cut on the album. Only one that could have been on the Eminem Show. I have never heard about Laney before, who is she?
Crazy In love- This one really grew on me. The production isn't very good, especially the chorus which sounds like Em discovered reverb for the first time. The lyrics are amazing. I can't believe the shit he rhymes together. Who the hell is he talking about on this one?

So I guess this album isn't that great if I only felt the need to talk about 4 tracks, but whatever. What has grown on you?

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just read this article about Em trying to take himself out of superstardom, hence Encore. This might just be the answer to the nagging feeling I have about the album. Or it could be a crock of shit from some guy who doesn't know what hes talking about. http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0448/essay.php