RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yes... i think of sellin out everytime time i:

get up 4:30am to go to wok
get in my 96 Explorer
gotta mop the floor bcuz of a fukkin leak in my apt
hear my boss tell me "ur late, go back home... i got someone else on the job
hear my girl tell me "hey, we need some damn diapers!!!
hear the bullshit on the radio... day after day after ZzzZzzzz....
hear a simple ass song that everyone is shakin they ass to at tha club.

i dunno... i dont think u can be a beat maker/producer and sell out... but the rapper sure in the hell can with bs lyrics.

da relic

Blimey guv'na, did you find my little quip funny?
Its certainly not a preposterous statement. I stand by my words whole heartedly.

Sincock...When an artist creates music that is still being played on radios worldwide daily, 20+years after it was created, none of us here at ill are in any position to knock them.
They wont be playing kanyes trax nor Lil waynes trax in 20 years I can guarantee that.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
The voices in my head are telling me not to talk to you anymore.

Ah.. There is NOTHING wrong with enjoying Phil Collins' music.

His songs are very well written. Plus he uses his British accent very well in his songs.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Sincock...When an artist creates music that is still being played on radios worldwide daily, 20+years after it was created, none of us here at ill are in any position to knock them.
They wont be playing kanyes trax nor Lil waynes trax in 20 years I can guarantee that.

Amen. about being played for 20+ years.

But I bet you any amount of money they WILL be playing Lil Wayne 20 years from now. He's still becoming more and more popular...

Amen. about being played for 20+ years.

But I bet you any amount of money they WILL be playing Lil Wayne 20 years from now. He's still becoming more and more popular...

I wager a dollar....In 20yrs that should be a nice tidy sum.
Ill see you in 20 to collect my winnings.
If im even still alive that is.

Blue77

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Okay we all know what selliing out is , the question is why do you feel you have to sell out ? I'm about keeping it funky , so I look at dudes like Pete Rock and Primo , the late J Dilla , not to mention 9th Wonder . There are millions of people who demand that particular supply of music and the more years that go by , the more fans they gain . They have loooooong careers in music that strech back 10 years + and the ill thing about it is they kept it funky . Primo even worked with Christina Agullera and got major air play . Even if I have to switch up a bit , I'm still gonna keep it funky cause I'm a soulful dude . Honeslty I've never even seen anybody I'm a fan of actually sell out , cause they probably just dont have it in them . Even James Brown tried to switch up and keep up with the disco movent in the late 70's but it just didn't sound like real disco . The Roots - have always been signed to a major label , have had major radio airplay , do all types of tours stateside and overseas and they just can't sell out for nothing lol, matter of fact their music gets deeper and deeper , nothing like pop music .Why do you feel you have to sell out to make money ? just make good music and work the business side just as hard as those other dudes . I'd rather have a long , slow , undeground career than a quick shot - fast one .

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
Okay we all know what selliing out is , the question is why do you feel you have to sell out ? I'm about keeping it funky , so I look at dudes like Pete Rock and Primo , the late J Dilla , not to mention 9th Wonder . There are millions of people who demand that particular supply of music and the more years that go by , the more fans they gain . They have loooooong careers in music that strech back 10 years + and the ill thing about it is they kept it funky . Primo even worked with Christina Agullera and got major air play . Even if I have to switch up a bit , I'm still gonna keep it funky cause I'm a soulful dude . Honeslty I've never even seen anybody I'm a fan of actually sell out , cause they probably just dont have it in them . Even James Brown tried to switch up and keep up with the disco movent in the late 70's but it just didn't sound like real disco . The Roots - have always been signed to a major label , have had major radio airplay , do all types of tours stateside and overseas and they just can't sell out for nothing lol, matter of fact their music gets deeper and deeper , nothing like pop music .Why do you feel you have to sell out to make money ? just make good music and work the business side just as hard as those other dudes . I'd rather have a long , slow , undeground career than a quick shot - fast one .
troof.

who woulda' thunk that good music sells...

members online