everybody in the club gettin tipsy

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Is it just me or is this song, and I'm not even sure the name of it but it has the lyrics above, completely wack. The beat is boring and the MCing is just as bad and yet I walk around school and everybody's singin it and talkin about it or blastin it in their cars. It seems like more and more beats that are coming out these days that are like this. Just plain old BORING, but maybe its just me. It just seems that a lot of the beats made by producers here are better than some of the mainstream stuff. So in response to Cold Truth's thread, yeah, some of the mainstream producers are just plain good. They got what it takes. But i think a lot of us make beats that I could hear on the radio some day.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
You know I heard that song too and the first thing I thought was that he's bittin 50cent. He won't stay in the game long. Nothing about that song is spactacular. I think because he's trying to put some 50 in his flow cause 50 is selling right now, that's how he got signed. Labels do this all the time. When snoop was Hot, JD dropped the brat's hit single Funkedafied. Alot of you may like that song, but she was bit hard steppin into the game. It's sad, but it's also apart of the game.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
woah...i just listened to this song. its um...pretty bad. definately not something i'd plan on holding on to. damn, that is pretty awful. oh well. wouldn't be the first time a crappy song has been made totally popular.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
The average American is a follower / idiot. Ever have a job that dealt with the public? .... if so you'd know exactly what I'm talkin' about. We've went over this about other songs ...... But the song in question does suck. Its being force fed through radio and video. Its on So So def (i think) You know JD has a lot of power and juice at radio. But people like corny simple music. Its been that way for years. The average human knows absolutely nothing about music so they don't want music thats too complex. As producers we brake down other peoples beats and we can see through the bullshit. But Even I have been guilty of making beats really boring and plain. But I've done it on purpose. I've asked for feedback and sometimes I get its lacking this and that. I appreciate that but I just laugh because a lot of beginners over produce and don't realize that the only thing that its missing is vocals and a arrangement ..... I'm not saying this is one of those cases but your right. Alot of music here on this site is better but its all politics and business. Once we all realize this then we can all start making money off this shit. Does it make sense to keep making underground music? NO. There is no money in it. Being a producer means that your involved from top to bottom. A lot of hot songs have weak beats but its the way there put together with vocals and structure that make it appealing. Listen to Dr. Dre beats ( even though he doesn't really make them) They are stupid simple but its the quality of the recording a long with the flawless vocal tracking that makes him great.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
fuc that song........ seriously..... i was actually just about to start a thread syain how fucin retarted that song is and i saw that sammy beats already did ..lol... please .. even if if that music pays im sure that dre or timbo or mannie fresh would not come with something THAT WACK... fucin song is horrible .. its an insult to real music ... this song tops cant stop wont stop as the worst modern rap song ... THAT SONG SUCKS ASSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive heard better beats on game boy games and thats the truth ...WIGGIGTY WIGGIY WIGGITY WACK!!!!

and j kwan or what ver his name looks like a crackhead in training ... rubbish!!

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yea that song is awful, and that guy def does look like a fuckin crackhead Holmz lol, ridiculous song, bad beat, bad lyrics, and dumb lookin fuck

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I agree with everything everybody is saying but watch how much this bullshit sells of the strenght of this single......If it's for the ladies it's going to be a hit...That sucks but it's the truth

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It's good to hear that the people here still know what good music is. I'm glad no one tolerates that kinda shit hear. And yeah I agree the industry is just pumpin out wack stuff to a bunch of idiots who eat it up. If thats the kinda stuff that sells though, I don't think I want to be a part of the industry.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Grindin' was the only one of those simple ass old school style beats that has come out that was tight. After that, they've come out with a few, because everybody copies everybody, and they hav all been trash. I knew this song would be big the first time i heard it because it's catchy and people (for some wierd ass reason) love hearing about the club. I say "Fuck the club!!!"

E

Equality 7-2521

Originally posted by MadScientist
Does it make sense to keep making underground music? NO. There is no money in it. Being a producer means that your involved from top to bottom. A

well i reckon making wack beats for the sake of making money is....well....wack. why contribute to the wack market when you know its wack. sounds hypocritical.

There is money in underground music. its just that there isnt much and you have to be a dam phat producers to get any of it.

it all depends on how much money you want. and what kind of an artist you want to be.

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
The beat was kinda pooh.Well,I take that back,...shit,lol.But,he is only making songs he know those little kids like and stuff or something to get crunk in the club to.That's all it is.So,respect game and,let him do him.Know what I mean.

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by o-a-ksavage
Grindin' was the only one of those simple ass old school style beats that has come out that was tight. After that, they've come out with a few, because everybody copies everybody, and they hav all been trash. I knew this song would be big the first time i heard it because it's catchy and people (for some wierd ass reason) love hearing about the club. I say "Fuck the club!!!"

I agree wit you. But even grindin wasn't that great, i mean the neptunes have done a lot better.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Grindin' sucked ..... that tipsey song is the same drum pattern as grindin'...... I hate both of those songs. I still can't undrstand why people like that trash. I feel like anyone who likes those songs (grindin')can never say they don't like any of my beats ....... LOL !!!!!!!!!

D

DIRTONE

AND THE WORST PART IZ............

THIS B!TCH DISGRACED THE D.O.C'S "FUNKY ENOUGH"
IT'S OK WE ALL KNOW HIM AND MURPHY LEE ARE ASS PIRATES.
-DIRTONE

Attachments

• 000_0282.jpg
    000_0282.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 233

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
TIPSY IS GRINDING ALL OVER AGAIN PERIOD. WITH A LITTLE MORE MELODY. NOTHING SPECIAL, THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL LIKE IT IS IF YOURE IN THE CLUB

GRINDING WAS JUST ONE OF THOES BEATS THAT PEOPLE USED TO PLAY ON THE SCOOL TABLES WHEN PEOPLE RHYMED NOTHING SPECIAL NO REAL CREATIVITY ITS JUST WHATEVER

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
At first I didn't like that "grindin" beat, but it grew on me. It sounds like some high school battlin' type shit. (bangin' on lunch tables/lockers battlin') how could NOT love that beat?

As far as "tipsy" is concerned, dood's voice sounds kinda funny, and for some reason I like it.

will I get banned for sayin' that?

members online