everybody in the club gettin tipsy

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
damn manji, i can't believe you like it. his voice is so plain. it's not good mcing. and the beat is so shitty. its like, drums, and thats it, and then theres some other crappy shit. i didnt even bother to remember it. all i know is its fucking crap.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I know dude sounds like a total idiot or whatever, but listening to his voice is like a total mindfuck. The drums on that beat are dope as shit too. It's not complicated but it's still cool.

But yeah it's a dumb song, but for some reason I like how it sounds.

I hate me.

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I hate this song....and the other day me and my girl got into it cause being that im a producer when i play music i look for songs that make me say damn i need to step my game up or im getting good but after playing this song i wanted to just holla out. I told my girl to turn the songf off and she was like "You crazy this song is hot, DONT HATE" Whoa! i was ready to go off on shorty but i know my girl has no clue of good music and to this day she thinks im still on the block making money instead of in the studio.

ill o.g.
Originally posted by MadScientist
The average American is a follower / idiot. Ever have a job that dealt with the public? .... if so you'd know exactly what I'm talkin' about. We've went over this about other songs ...... But the song in question does suck. Its being force fed through radio and video. Its on So So def (i think) You know JD has a lot of power and juice at radio. But people like corny simple music. Its been that way for years. The average human knows absolutely nothing about music so they don't want music thats too complex. As producers we brake down other peoples beats and we can see through the bullshit. But Even I have been guilty of making beats really boring and plain. But I've done it on purpose. I've asked for feedback and sometimes I get its lacking this and that. I appreciate that but I just laugh because a lot of beginners over produce and don't realize that the only thing that its missing is vocals and a arrangement ..... I'm not saying this is one of those cases but your right. Alot of music here on this site is better but its all politics and business. Once we all realize this then we can all start making money off this shit. Does it make sense to keep making underground music? NO. There is no money in it. Being a producer means that your involved from top to bottom. A lot of hot songs have weak beats but its the way there put together with vocals and structure that make it appealing. Listen to Dr. Dre beats ( even though he doesn't really make them) They are stupid simple but its the quality of the recording a long with the flawless vocal tracking that makes him great.

yea, u right man. im askin my friends who they fav producer is and they be saying dre or the neptunes and they seem to ignore guys like tim who have so many elements in their beats that go unnoticed.

that tipsy song really annoys me, way too simple. i think its just that these idiot fans want something they could easily bop their head to, whats easier than this track? also, i think people like the catchy hooks like hot in herre or get your freak on. but i personally hate this song and the people who think its the hottest track or whatever