Favorite piece of hardware and why?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
yeah thats true, flexible routings too but you need to shop for the Rbus converters right now as they will become rare ( AES/EBU etc ).

S

serious?

my keyboard
it was my first and only musical instrument i had and i still have it til' this day

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
has to my my controller

posislam

ill o.g.
FistFulloDollaz said:
gotta be my tech 1200s (turntables for those that dont know)

I am going to have agree. My joints would be crap without these. Plus being able to have something tangible is nice when you use lots of software and digital space.

I think if you aren't using your hand you aren't getting into it. If you aren't getting into it you aren't creating at your full potential.

ill o.g.
posislam said:
I think if you aren't using your hand you aren't getting into it.
I absolutely agree with this statement. Ain't nothing wrong with painting/clicking your beats together, but ultimately music is meant to be felt. The feeling I get when I'm tapping out drum patterns/playing keys and basslines/spinning vinyl makes the very experience that much more worthwhile.

I don't think your potential is limited by not using tangible objects. I just think it's less fun

O

open mind

my fav piece of hardware is my comp! why? because it opens lots of doors for creativity.

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
My VP-9000.

Love that VariPhrase technology. Tweaks and modifies samples like no other sampler can. Near perfect timestreching, pitch and format modifications

members online