Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
Last edited:

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Ok, here's what I come up wit

@TWU Your take on it is damn good. The drummin' is straight fire like it should. The sample is nicely filtered, though it feels like it could be any other sample and getting about the same result. But the result is great so, that's fine. I know some people want to hide the sample, and use it as an instrument. I for one like the song to still be "recognizable" there.

@Fury Beats I don't really feel the overall vibe of yours. It's chopped fine, but then feels kinda "random" :(... Sorry if that feels harsh,it's only meant to be my feeling when listening the first time.

Sample is !

Chopped, layered and filtered parts of the sample. Added drums, a bass and some FX.

Heard the sample at work last night and thought hell yeah that’s a bit of me. Tried not to listen as if I like the sample I don’t want to listen to others until I do mine so it doesn’t influence in anyway but couldn’t resist.
Damn nice flip here man, although I love the original vocals, your heavily filtered approach is dope complimented by dope drums and bass.
I have absolutely no constructive criticism, just dope! I fuck with this one :fire:

Last edited:
Reactions: TWU

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Nice sampling skill, bro.
Thanks bruv, I appreciate it.

@Fury Beats TBH not a big fan of this. There's a "click" sound on every chop, they need a small attack on them. The arrangement sounds kind of random.The drums don't match and the hihats have a different bpm. It's a lot of work in progress I guess...

@YannFer Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback!
This sounds good, but can use a little improvement IMO. Nice intro, chops are good. I think the drums don't go that well with the rest... Is there also a kick in the bass sample? It's somehow clashing with your kick, making the lows a bit too dominant. (For example some 808 bass samples have that, so a small attack on the sample will cut away the kick at the beginning, also gives room for the kick you actually want to use.) Snare could use a little more of that 'snappy' sound. (Sometimes I layer and pitch them to fit the sample, as I did with my flip above...)
Do you use sidechain compression on your drums/bass? I use this a lot and it glues the kick and bass together and helps to get the snare the space it needs...
Keep up the good work!

@TWU Your take on it is damn good. The drummin' is straight fire like it should. The sample is nicely filtered, though it feels like it could be any other sample and getting about the same result. But the result is great so, that's fine. I know some people want to hide the sample, and use it as an instrument. I for one like the song to still be "recognizable" there.

@Fury Beats I don't really feel the overall vibe of yours. It's chopped fine, but then feels kinda "random" :(... Sorry if that feels harsh,it's only meant to be my feeling when listening the first time.

I’m the same with you on the sample too (for @TWU) heavily filtered and also appreciate the original vocal but I also thought it was dope as fuck so no complaints but yeah I’m like that too, I sample because I vibe with the sample and too much change then I don’t feel I’ve honoured the sample and the reason I sampled it in the first place but that’s just me and the beauty of our individual creations :ROFLMAO:

Here we go...

Nothing here yet.

Starts off fucking amazing man but as it progresses everything doesn’t come together and that panning is more like boxing my ears, heavy left, heavy right.

In no way am I taking the piss man this should of carried on like it began coz my ears perked up straight away like fuck yeah but I feel you tried to many things with it that made it chaotic and trust me I’ve have been their and still go there at times too.

Keep going man coz I hear what your doing and it will all click with experience (y)

@YannFer, short and sweet my man but I like the creativity and route you went with this. Again I’m so drawn to the vocals that I want to hear them more but that’s the beauty of sampling and taking it anywhere you choose.

I’m impressed with your arrangement, for such a short piece you say a lot in that time from the start to finish, that’s an art in itself.
Fire beat, kept me engaged and wanting more, you’ve got the ‘I’ll give ya a little snippet of what i do’ down! No change need here…Dope.

Kept it real simple:
Nothing here yet.

Haha @Rah.sool! I’m laughing because you completely threw me off guard with this. First heard the drums come straight out of left field, almost took a step back then clicked and I was hooked.

Would really like to hear a longer fleshed out version of this, love this shit! Real dark vibe to it, I went on a little journey with hooded figures in the woods at night and some fucked up type ceremony. That kind of vibe, epic!

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Starts off fucking amazing man but as it progresses everything doesn’t come together and that panning is more like boxing my ears, heavy left, heavy right.

In no way am I taking the piss man this should of carried on like it began coz my ears perked up straight away like fuck yeah but I feel you tried to many things with it that made it chaotic and trust me I’ve have been their and still go there at times too.

Keep going man coz I hear what your doing and it will all click with experience (y)
Yeah, sometimes less is more.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Thanks bruv, I appreciate it.

@Fury Beats TBH not a big fan of this. There's a "click" sound on every chop, they need a small attack on them. The arrangement sounds kind of random.The drums don't match and the hihats have a different bpm. It's a lot of work in progress I guess...

@YannFer Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback!
This sounds good, but can use a little improvement IMO. Nice intro, chops are good. I think the drums don't go that well with the rest... Is there also a kick in the bass sample? It's somehow clashing with your kick, making the lows a bit too dominant. (For example some 808 bass samples have that, so a small attack on the sample will cut away the kick at the beginning, also gives room for the kick you actually want to use.) Snare could use a little more of that 'snappy' sound. (Sometimes I layer and pitch them to fit the sample, as I did with my flip above...)
Do you use sidechain compression on your drums/bass? I use this a lot and it glues the kick and bass together and helps to get the snare the space it needs...
Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the feedback!

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
@InsideOutBeats @TWU @YannFer I made a second attempt to fix what was wrong. Hopefully it sounds a little better... (See my original post above for the updated beat). It was a very raw first attempt but I think this second attempt should be better on the ears.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
@InsideOutBeats @TWU @YannFer I made a second attempt to fix what was wrong. Hopefully it sounds a little better... (See my original post above for the updated beat). It was a very raw first attempt but I think this second attempt should be better on the ears.
Much better indeed ;).

My first thought is that the kick is still too quiet compared to the snare and the lack of hi-hats feels "bare" but hey why not.
I get it's a minimalist kinda beat, so it could probably work with the right kind of vocalist on there.
It's not my kinda hip-hop but it doesn't have to. It could become a pretty good song after all. And very atypical. So that's that.

members online