Fionnuala Gill - "Sleepsong"

Yomni

Battle Points: 2
Took a piece of the piano at the beginning, time stretched it down to a 4 bar loop then doubled the bpm to keep the same sound as the video. Took some vocals and played around, added a counter melody and boom

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
@Fury Beats The start of your main sample seems like it starts slightly early, the point at which it repeats sounds off and awkward. Seems like the chops are shoehorned into the beat for lack of a better way of putting it.
Yeah, I wanted to try something different from the norm.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Sample is !

Chopped, layered and filtered parts of the sample. Added drums, a bass and some FX.

Very nice! At first I wasn't sure what you were doing with the sample pitched down but then it all made sense when the drums and bass came in. Dope.

Here we go...

@TWU Beat is smooth and mellow. No problems noted.

@YannFer The melody definitely has me noddin my head.

@Rah.sool Very laid back one here. Almost sounds like study music.
I like the parts you took, I just felt it should be more for just a hook then have some other part for your main melody. Besides that though the drums need to bang! Also, what happened with the sound halfway through? It dropped out.

Ok, here's what I come up wit

@TWU Your take on it is damn good. The drummin' is straight fire like it should. The sample is nicely filtered, though it feels like it could be any other sample and getting about the same result. But the result is great so, that's fine. I know some people want to hide the sample, and use it as an instrument. I for one like the song to still be "recognizable" there.

@Fury Beats I don't really feel the overall vibe of yours. It's chopped fine, but then feels kinda "random" :(... Sorry if that feels harsh,it's only meant to be my feeling when listening the first time.
Drums fit really well. Good job on the voice left to right. Bass sits nicely. I really like this flip.

Kept it real simple:
Nothing here yet.
This is so smooth but I just waiting for the drums to hit hard, I thought they were the build up. Some harder drums with some of the vocal snippets would be great.

My 16 Bars attempt.
Nothing here yet.
Drums hit hard. The chops are really nice, just the one on top sounds a bit off unless you're going for a psycho vibe which I'm assuming you are lol. I want to hear more though, why so short?

Nothing here yet.
I'm just waiting for the drums! I really like the chops you have though and that heavy bass, just wish there were some drums.

Took a piece of the piano at the beginning, time stretched it down to a 4 bar loop then doubled the bpm to keep the same sound as the video. Took some vocals and played around, added a counter melody and boom

Very nice. Good drums that fit with the sample. That bass carries the beat nicely.

heres mine...

The drum pattern surprised me but I think goes great with that sample. So smooth. I was going to say to add some other stuff on to but then the voice and instrument came in. Dope.