Fresh Blood Here ✌️

DeepTheta

What's up family, new to the beat scene and trying to get up on some knowledge and fellowship! I've been messing around for a short time trying to get my feet wet and really like it so far.

Been really into artists like Dibiase, STLNDRMS, Madlib, RasG, and the feel of the West Coast beat scene type sound.

Any pointers for a newbie??? Thanks guys!

What's up family, new to the beat scene and trying to get up on some knowledge and fellowship! I've been messing around for a short time trying to get my feet wet and really like it so far.

Been really into artists like Dibiase, STLNDRMS, Madlib, RasG, and the feel of the West Coast beat scene type sound.

welcome to ill, if you post some of your work in the showcase, but be sure to leave some feedback for others, and then you can get some pointers with regards to where you are at right now.

welcome n shit.
also, will we get the pleasure of meeting ur ass in the battles?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @DeepTheta what's your musical backstory? For pointers just put the work in, have no delusions about "making it" and broaden your musical diet.

DeepTheta

Welcome @DeepTheta what's your musical backstory? For pointers just put the work in, have no delusions about "making it" and broaden your musical diet.
My backstory with music goes back to middle school. I played trumpet and baritone in middle school, then hopped on the drum set in jazz band throughout high school. Jammed with friends and played covers and stuff for a while (things like Nirvana, Hendrix, Cream, CCR, and stuff like that). Been into hip hop the whole time as well but never delved too deep. A little while ago a buddy brought a MIDI controller and some software and we played with it, and I've been hooked on learning how to make beats since that moment. Now it's like all I do is hop on the DAW and try to put stuff together, look for samples, watch vids on mixing or watching beat makers whip up beats and anything I can to just soak up some knowledge and inspiration and try formulate my own style based on what I've been into and what sounds good to me.

I think what I'm lacking is knowledge of what equipment I should have to really get cooking. I've got a Mac laptop, one basic mini MIDI controller, a set of Kali studio speakers, an audio interface, and a couple analog modular and semi-modular synths.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
You @DeepTheta can sell your synths (what model and brand are they?) and go digital. What interface do you have (make sure it ain’t Behringer)? What brand MIDI controller do you have and what model and inch Kali’s?

DeepTheta

You @DeepTheta can sell your synths (what model and brand are they?) and go digital. What interface do you have (make sure it ain’t Behringer)? What brand MIDI controller do you have and what model and inch Kali’s?
Well the synths aren't technically mine, they're a friend's that he left here and I'm sure will eventually want back whenever he gets his life together (long story) lol. But it's a Behringer TD-3 and a Moog DFAM.

Interface is a Presonus Studio 24c
MIDI Controller is an Arturia Minilab MkII
Kali Speakers are 6.5 inch LP-6

What do you think about samplers like the SP-404? I've been wanting to get one after seeing beat makers using them in a lot of the videos I watch while I'm trying to learn techniques and ideas and stuff.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
My guy, welcome to the ill.

Gear-wise you sound pretty set to go. And probably better set up than a lot of folk.

Post a link to some music of something WestCoast you really love.
Snoop Dogg Dancing GIF by Romy

DeepTheta

My guy, welcome to the ill.

Gear-wise you sound pretty set to go. And probably better set up than a lot of folk.

Post a link to some music of something WestCoast you really love.
Snoop Dogg Dancing GIF by Romy
Love the Beats in these. I like the style that comes from the beats from the West Coast. Really been into Dibiase and Ras G recently.

People Under The Stairs - Tuxedo Rap

Loot Pack - Questions

Dibiase - It's Like That

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Ask @ILL-GREEN about the SP-404

DeepTheta

I was checking out his "Bonus Levels" album while I was at work. Checked out a couple actually. 'ppreciate you putting me on to that
Dibia$e, Ras G, Madlib, STLNDRMS are ones I'm always listening to and watching and tryna learn from. Concept Jack$on has mad rhymes and idk who does his beats but the beats are hot too.