Fresh Blood Here ✌️

Delta_Nine

F*** UR MIX
The sp 404 is amazing when used alongside another unit. It has vinyl sim that dirty up samples ...In a good way. A lot of early madlib was done with a sp 303 and a tape deck. Dilla donuts was on a 303 on his death bed. 303 has vinyl sim and is supposed to be more dirty than the 404. The boss sp 202 is great for pitching down samples and 16 bit grit. Careful, you start buying gear it's hard to stop.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

DeepTheta

Of couse, theres plugins that emulate vintage gear, but ion know g, is it really the same? You be the judge. I use a 404 og and 202 for my samples and ion think I'm parting with em soon.
I was actually talking to a coworker about this kinda thing today. He was talking about all these virtual instruments and plugins and stuff. Even praising the idea of making music on these Oculus Virtual Reality programs lol. I was like dude I want a real device in front of me. You can't get the same sound and feel out of software pretending to be something else. Bottom line, I definitely want a 404. What kind of units do you use to run the 404 with? When it comes to running units together and stuff like that, I get a little lost. My setup right now is basically just a MIDI controller that I use to chop things on Serato with. Just testing out Serato though, haven't bought it yet. Not sure if I will.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I was actually talking to a coworker about this kinda thing today. He was talking about all these virtual instruments and plugins and stuff. Even praising the idea of making music on these Oculus Virtual Reality programs lol. I was like dude I want a real device in front of me. You can't get the same sound and feel out of software pretending to be something else. Bottom line, I definitely want a 404. What kind of units do you use to run the 404 with? When it comes to running units together and stuff like that, I get a little lost. My setup right now is basically just a MIDI controller that I use to chop things on Serato with. Just testing out Serato though, haven't bought it yet. Not sure if I will.

you posted any of your beats yet, brother? I'd love to hear 'em

DeepTheta

haha nice.what style you wanting to go for?

I like the melody that comes in about halfway through on Pushers. Cool vibes.

The first beat was also cool. Def had experimental vibe to 'em
Ummmm idk what to call what I'm wanting to make. Idk what the genres of the beat world are lol. If you ever listen to the album "Vocal Studies and Uprock Narratives" by Prefuse 73, that would describe what I'm into. Or "Looney Goons" by Dibia$e.

members online