Fu*@ing VIRUS

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
Okay, so sometime between the 19th and now my computer got a virus on my computer. I don't know if it is just a re occurring virus from before or what but it's effing my Computer up! Maybe someone here can help. Here is what happened from the beginning and the symptoms:
I tried to download Adobe Flash from a torrent and when I opened up the file it unleashed a shitload of virus and it caused everything to go haywire on my p.c. I did a bunch of internet searching and got my virus scanners up to date... and soon had everything running back to normal(so i thought)
just recently my family visited and what not, so i'm not sure if they downloaded something from those stupid Myspace comment sites....or whatever, but after they left I noticed my internet explorer was randomly coming up with pop ups. I thought no big deal, I'll run a virus scan, (I have Spyware Doctor) and clear it up. It detected about 12 virus and so I quarantined them. The pop ups were still happening though... So I ran SpyBot and found some more problems and quarantined them....... still nothing... so I looked up online and found out how to delete the virus from the registry, and I thought I had it again, but no.
Now my Spyware Doctor somehow got disabled and It won't work, my computer seems like it starts in diagnostic mode.... but it's not.

Whenever I start up my system an error pops up that says;

CLED error: There is already an instance running.

Also, when I bring up task manager... it no longer lists the user under the programs, so I have no idea if it is a system program running or if it's running from my user sign on

My windows media player no longer works, and comes up with an error now that says;
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

I think this is the virus working as well because I've never had this problem before....
ANY and ALL help on this will be appreciated, cause as you can tell no media player means No music....
Please help....if you know of any online good online virus scans or sites that could help me out..
Thanks.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
what OS r you using, do you have system restore

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
try "trojan remover" also. helped me out more than once with nasty viruses and trojans.
it performs all operations needed (like rebooting, removing malicious files in safe mode etc) automatically

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
I'm running Windows XP and for some reason System Restore was turned OFF.... I don't know how that happened.... I tried to restore it when first found the virus but it wouldn't work then either.

I was using Bit Torrnt and I downloaded it from Pirate Bay...but since then I've deleted the torrent software from my PC.

I'm going to check into it and see if I have any other bit torrents running that i'm unaware of.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
ok first. Dont delete anything just yet.

You need to have some one review your system for changes:

www.bleepingcomputer.com

make an account, download Hijack this, run the report and post it in this section:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

I was going to do that, but since I have crack versions of software, i wasn't sure if they would show up in the hijack this report... cause i think in the rules it says to delete any crack software or they will not help you. Do you think it will show up?

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Also, when downloading torrents, never run anything with .exe, .com, .bat... unless you know it's clean.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
yeah, I think that was my BIG mistake... I don't see any versions of torrent software on my pc, but it still has that CLED error when I boot windows...

I re installed spyware doctor, and it detected like180 viruses and deleted them..... I wanted to make sure my firewall was running but when I click on firewall from the control panel and error comes up that says:
windows firewall cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the windows firewall/internet sharing (ICS) service?
when I click yes nothing happens and when I click no nothing happens... so I'm not sure If my firewall is even running. For some reason I feel like there is a back door or something on my pc and it bypassed my firewall....but I could just be paranoid.lol.
I am following this to clean my pc for now: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

Thanks for replying everyone.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
And where did you get the torrent? I only trust private torrent sites.

That's the only way to fly! You're already getting pirated software, why not spend the little money these private torrents charge so you can at least get "pirated" software without the viruses? STOP BEING DOUBLE CHEAP.....lmao

Vice, u need to get a program called "youruninstall". It will remove any and all traces of any program you have on your computer. It's way more advanced that "add/remove". U may have uninstalled the program u use with the torrent but there's probably still a folder under "my programs", my documents and left over shit in your registry. U can delete the folders under my documents and my programs and youruninstall will remove anything lingering behind.

U really need to scan what u download to your computer before opening it as well. A good antivirus software will do that during download but I'd still scan it again after it's download.

You need to basically get rid of everything downloaded to your computer since the date you said things started acting crazy.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
mininova! and im always reading the comments lol, they'll be the first to say if the torrent is infected.

You could also try hitmanpro.com

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
I think I got everything fixed.... I followed the instructions from that link I posted about cleaning your computer, and after spending all day and doing 5 separate malaware/virus/spyware/registry scans, I think i'm good now.lol.

I understand about the Torrent sites... I actually never used them and wanted to try out Flash but ended up getting screwed..lol. I normally don't mess with torrents though. I remember downloading Azereus and it shows up on my pc still....but it's gone now.

Thanks for all the replies though, I appreciate it!

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
well, you fixed your prob but spyware doctor get's no play here.
it should be mandatory to scan everything, legal or not with an anti-av or anti-mal app like antivir, avg, spybot, etc, it only takes seconds. never jumping on stuff before others (that goes for almost any app or version), trusted sites only, the private ones are usually best, but doing 1:1 is a must unlike public sites, or you get booted, etc, etc.

i don't really bother with them for the most part since my isp throttles uploads massively and downloads plus a 60 gb usage ratio per month, which with daily use + regular http dl'ing and uploading + streaming, adding the dl/ul for the length of time some stuff needs to dl or seed, i'll go over meaning more money into their thieving claws.
but it's safer than that *****/******* slowfest.

if shit comes back and all methods fail, time to do a clean install along with safe and clean back ups, something the experts advise for all systems regardless, as most don't clean up their registry, defrag (including reg), etc..

oh, and the CLED error, a very special cubendo error that happens rarely for those with 'special' versions of 3 and under

members online