Fu*@ing VIRUS

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
never use any virus program on my xp, it just slows down your pc and internet imo, needless when running osx lol. Im just cautioned and by now know how to fix if anything happens but honestly, if there's anything i can recommend than its Norton ghost...and hitmanpro which works for me everytime ( which is not a lot pffffeww).

Last edited by a moderator:

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
well a combo of a good, but light and configurable, firewall, anti-virus, and spyware/trojan killers with live aspects coupled with a more secure browser like firefox (with the right add-ons i.e. adblock plus, no-script, etc) or opera (neither explorer or googles new shite is that secure) will help but it's all moot if the user doesn't take the same precautions, which most pc users (and former pc users) don't.

norton is another app i personally wouldn't touch, it may have improved but in the past it was so friggin' rigid and rough that it would shut down peoples access to explorer based on a false positive (that's how i ended up with firefox in the early days of my old comp, then i found all the probs reported by experts and users about norton, got rid of it and got better and free security apps that are less intrusive).

something people should look into if they insist on public trackers, are stuff like peer guardian and ip filtering. another is to disable the extra security so there's no conflict i.e. turning off avg's spyware module because i already have spybot and spywareblaster. and having a firewall that is in stealth mode

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^ hitmanpro installs all these programs incl cwshredder, if anything occures i just download it from the site and then remove hitman pro including all the other software it installed...imo the laziest approach hehe

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^ im not promoting it hehe but if you have nothing installed allready then it will download update and setup spywareblaster and spybot for you, including a few other killers. Basically the same routine except the program does it for you, collects the logs and fixes it by using the software it downloaded, that's all.