getting tracks to specific artists

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I'd give you a direct answer, but I can't for two reasons:

1. You're not serious.
2. This forum doesn't like truthful answers or useful information.

1. You're not serious.
Having a single track is meaningless to both your pitch and your career. ANYONE can catch lightning in a botttle and make a track 'that could work' for a particular artist or it sounds almost like an album cut from one of their albums.

You would need 6-15 tracks that would be hot for him and let him pick from among your collection. All singles and NOT ALBUM FILLERS.

Even if you sold/placed one track it would do nothing for your career. You'd have a surge of e-props for a month while everyone rides you, but that would be it. You'd have to figure out (the hardest part) how to parlay that ONE PLACEMENT into MANY PLACEMENTS and thus some kind of budding career.

You asked on a generic music forum. Just throwing it out there to see what cats say.
Just about every siggestion requires abit of work (some too much work) on your end, but you're looking for the easy way in.

Sure, almost every suggestion *Could work* in way, but I doubt you're grinding enough to get off your butt and go to one of his shows and ask a dude in his entourage for contact info and make your own moves. Or even call one of the eight million places he's been featured and asking for his current businesss contact info. Google Busta and you'll have all these organizations that have had him featured recently. They would know his info and could get it for you IF they thought it was important enough. Truth is for some random cat 'with a single beat for busta' you're really not important enough. Better off hitting his myspace and crossing your fingers.

You're not serious enough to look into the artist or know his current situation.
What label is he on?
WHEN is he working on a project and in need of tracks?
Where did he get his current beats from and how?
Where does he be at? (mostly the studio) Which one? and you could easily go there 'When he's in artist mode' and make your pitch. Again all of this groundwork is part of the grind and it's usually too much for most idle dreamers.

I could tell you about three different media outlets (including the one I work for) that have featured or done business with his team. There is an exact and current number sitting in my rolodex. I like most, wouldn't give it to a guy in a thread.

I could also tell you about producer resources that have track dumps. That is when the artist is looking for music they put a call out to the producers with track descriptions and sometimes even suggest BPMs. You submit through them directly to the A&R or artist.

There are events where the artist and team make themselves available to be pitched to.
There's a lot of ways in here, but again it boils down to how serious and dilligent you intend to be about it.

I've tried to be that "Guy that knows a bit who wants to help" but my posts always get deleted or moved to some obscure part of the forum. Maybe they'll let this one slide.

I'd even give you something specific to google, but oh no that might lead you off site and we can't have that. The point is people with forums forget that they don't always have to BE THE SOURCE OF THE INFORMATION. It can be just as cool to be the place where the source of information was discovered.

you sound farliy cocky. who have you produced for? not hating just wondering because somebody as confident as you must have made some large placements

G

Griffin Avid

just wondering because somebody as confident as you ...

Well it's unfortunate that you believe the only person who knows about placements is a guy with a bunch of placements.

I guess an A&R ....
I guess a publishing house....
I guess a manager....
I guess a studio engineer....
I guess a mastering agent...
I guess an entertainment lawyer....
I guess a label owner...
I gues the artist themselves.....

I guess none of these people know about placements since none of them have any.
You learn very little and very slowly if your only teacher is your own experiences.

There's a studio engineer with a placement becuase he would play his tracks for whatever artists recorded at the studio he worked out of. Ask him and he would tell you "Become an engineer at a big studio to get placements" Did it work for him? Yes. Is it good advice? No.

Every producer has his own story that is unique to his situation and may not work for you.

Some cats get in by just handing out beat CDs...
Some guys were able to use mySpace effectively...
Some cats go to seminars....
Some guys win beat battles and other producer contests....
Some guys just grew up with the rapper down the block that popped off....
Some guys had a relative that opened the door...

So you have a very clear choice now.
Consider the message or worry about the messenger.

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
yes, but your on a producer forum so its automatically assumed your a producer.... unless you are one of those following positions at a major label. not some label u just made that no body knows about, the way i translate your response is. "No i haven't produced for anybody who matters". Your here telling everybody they aren't serious and they are scared of the truth..... Well here's the truth. Hopefully you aren't scared of it.... You haven't done shit so why are you coming in here with that attitude acting like p diddy.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
^ er... if he tells you what placements he has, and then makes a derogatory post somewhere here on the forums (while drunk, perhaps), that could seriously affect his career... I don't see God going around talking about the people he works with. I don't think you can definitively say that he hasn't done shit.

i didn't realize that artists don't get placements...

*buzz*

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
just wondering because somebody as confident as you ...

Well it's unfortunate that you believe the only person who knows about placements is a guy with a bunch of placements.

I guess an A&R ....
I guess a publishing house....
I guess a manager....
I guess a studio engineer....
I guess a mastering agent...
I guess an entertainment lawyer....
I guess a label owner...
I gues the artist themselves.....

I guess none of these people know about placements since none of them have any.
You learn very little and very slowly if your only teacher is your own experiences.

There's a studio engineer with a placement becuase he would play his tracks for whatever artists recorded at the studio he worked out of. Ask him and he would tell you "Become an engineer at a big studio to get placements" Did it work for him? Yes. Is it good advice? No.

Every producer has his own story that is unique to his situation and may not work for you.

Some cats get in by just handing out beat CDs...
Some guys were able to use mySpace effectively...
Some cats go to seminars....
Some guys win beat battles and other producer contests....
Some guys just grew up with the rapper down the block that popped off....
Some guys had a relative that opened the door...

So you have a very clear choice now.
Consider the message or worry about the messenger.

Dont recall deleting or moving any posts dude, only time we do that is when someones first post is spammish.
Love for you to drop knowledge here and yes even links that take people offsite.
Just like you are saying there are folks here that are not serious , we have lots of people who sign up who are only serious about hawking a product and not actually helping further the knowledge base here...
Feel free to post away...

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
relic when you let that stash grow out. shits nice bro.. yo manga, usually everybody on the net has their imaginary shine on. who is to say god is what he says he is. lol
devils advocate 101

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I'd give you a direct answer, but I can't for two reasons:

1. You're not serious.

1. You're not serious.
Having a single track is meaningless to both your pitch and your career. ANYONE can catch lightning in a botttle and make a track 'that could work' for a particular artist or it sounds almost like an album cut from one of their albums.

You would need 6-15 tracks that would be hot for him and let him pick from among your collection. All singles and NOT ALBUM FILLERS.

Even if you sold/placed one track it would do nothing for your career. You'd have a surge of e-props for a month while everyone rides you, but that would be it. You'd have to figure out (the hardest part) how to parlay that ONE PLACEMENT into MANY PLACEMENTS and thus some kind of budding career.

You asked on a generic music forum. Just throwing it out there to see what cats say.
Just about every siggestion requires abit of work (some too much work) on your end, but you're looking for the easy way in.

Sure, almost every suggestion *Could work* in way, but I doubt you're grinding enough to get off your butt and go to one of his shows and ask a dude in his entourage for contact info and make your own moves. Or even call one of the eight million places he's been featured and asking for his current businesss contact info. Google Busta and you'll have all these organizations that have had him featured recently. They would know his info and could get it for you IF they thought it was important enough. Truth is for some random cat 'with a single beat for busta' you're really not important enough. Better off hitting his myspace and crossing your fingers.

You're not serious enough to look into the artist or know his current situation.
What label is he on?
WHEN is he working on a project and in need of tracks?
Where did he get his current beats from and how?
Where does he be at? (mostly the studio) Which one? and you could easily go there 'When he's in artist mode' and make your pitch. Again all of this groundwork is part of the grind and it's usually too much for most idle dreamers.

I could tell you about three different media outlets (including the one I work for) that have featured or done business with his team. There is an exact and current number sitting in my rolodex. I like most, wouldn't give it to a guy in a thread.

I could also tell you about producer resources that have track dumps. That is when the artist is looking for music they put a call out to the producers with track descriptions and sometimes even suggest BPMs. You submit through them directly to the A&R or artist.

There are events where the artist and team make themselves available to be pitched to.
There's a lot of ways in here, but again it boils down to how serious and dilligent you intend to be about it.

I've tried to be that "Guy that knows a bit who wants to help" but my posts always get deleted or moved to some obscure part of the forum. Maybe they'll let this one slide.

I'd even give you something specific to google, but oh no that might lead you off site and we can't have that. The point is people with forums forget that they don't always have to BE THE SOURCE OF THE INFORMATION. It can be just as cool to be the place where the source of information was discovered.

You can get a placement by handing the demo of a cat's hot beats to a dude's manager in a strip club. Does it work? Yup. Is it advisable? No.

You also have to know that most cats on THIS FORUM don't know or have access to the "demo-circulation" routes that exist between cats at radio stations/record companies/producers/agencies. They don't know that entire CD's filled with the best beats from a slew of cats are circulated on many of these "music elite" routes. Imagine your new beat on the same CD with Kanye's new beat and THAT CD is circulated among 'people in the know'. YOU know about this...

How the fuck are you going to get on THOSE demos, which are SO IMPORTANT... the one I described-- the ones WE BOTH (I'm assuming you know) EXIST and MATTER the most.

It's impossible for a cat on this forum to do that, without sucking the right person's dick (metaphorically speaking, of course.)

Understand your audience, Griffin. I talked about how labels solicit through proxies and a bunch of other shit-- search my "A&R 101" post and "Writing pools" post.

I'll agree with you on this very important thing:

YOU'RE RIGHT most people think they're serious. But they really aren't. You have to SACRIFICE and HUSTLE really hard to make anything in the music biz.

You can get a placement by handing the demo of a cat's hot beats to a dude's manager in a strip club. Does it work? Yup. Is it advisable? No.

You also have to know that most cats on THIS FORUM don't know or have access to the "demo-circulation" routes that exist between cats at radio stations/record companies/producers/agencies. They don't know that entire CD's filled with the best beats from a slew of cats are circulated on many of these "music elite" routes. Imagine your new beat on the same CD with Kanye's new beat and THAT CD is circulated among 'people in the know'. YOU know about this...

How the fuck are you going to get on THOSE demos, which are SO IMPORTANT... the one I described-- the ones WE BOTH (I'm assuming you know) EXIST and MATTER the most.

It's impossible for a cat on this forum to do that, without sucking the right person's dick (metaphorically speaking, of course.)

Understand your audience, Griffin. I talked about how labels solicit through proxies and a bunch of other shit-- search my "A&R 101" post and "Writing pools" post.

I'll agree with you on this very important thing:

YOU'RE RIGHT most people think they're serious. But they really aren't. You have to SACRIFICE and HUSTLE really hard to make anything in the music biz.

I have found that getting onto these promo cds costs money, I was offered a couple spots a while back, but me in my stupidity thought it was some sort of scam. I think I was wrong to think that now.