Battle Points: 22
Ayyy wuz gooood welcome to the ILL!
thug life rap GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Welcome Elle SwanFly!

BlackSwanFly sounds like part of some native american saying or something...

BlackSwanFly, RedPigJump, BlueFoxSwim.

Great to see someone jump in like "show me your links so I can check you out!

That being said, it's a nagging reminder that I really need to setup a soundcloud or something :blackeye:

Jump on in check out the Beat Battles and archived battles (especially Beat This!) to get an idea of fellow illiens production styles and quality...

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @BlackSwanFly and what’s your musical backstory and story behind your name and where can you be listened to?

BlackSwanFly

Battle Points: 1
Welcome Elle SwanFly!

BlackSwanFly sounds like part of some native american saying or something...

BlackSwanFly, RedPigJump, BlueFoxSwim.

Great to see someone jump in like "show me your links so I can check you out!

That being said, it's a nagging reminder that I really need to setup a soundcloud or something :blackeye:

Jump on in check out the Beat Battles and archived battles (especially Beat This!) to get an idea of fellow illiens production styles and quality...

Lmao I don’t know why I laughed out loud when I read RedPigJump.
I started out on a emcee message board back in the gap called Micwar and I remember the days of watching the newbs come in. I’m that newb now, lol gotta earn a lil “street cred” first before you start poppin off! And that’s a bet, I will check it out. This message board feel huge right now, but in my experience I’m sure it’ll become smaller :) thanks for the warm welcome

BlackSwanFly

So what's your thing, Elle? Do you produce? spit? something else?

Tell us about SwanFly...
In a nutshell.

When I was around 14 i went by the name Lyrikal Sword. I started off on a message board for battle rappers, I didn’t have any computer quality recording technology at home so I just started off written battling. Then as I progressed, I started recording my battles online and would win a few. Fast forward I started rapping and performing and actually have some of my old songs on my SoundCloud that I still cherish.

When I hit age 25 I started picking up Djing, but not just Hiphop, but House music and Techno (I love Electronica just as much as Hiphop).

I stopped writing and rapping for a long time, as I lost my mom in 2010 and my dad in 2016 so I’ve been wasting so much time, and I finally found the drive again to pursue my passion. Started making beats with Logic Pro and my Korg workstation for about 8 months.

With that said, the power of the message board is real. I met some cool friends on the last one. With social media kind of taking over, the message board kid of reserves its own legend. I’m happy to be here bro.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
In a nutshell.

When I was around 14 i went by the name Lyrikal Sword. I started off on a message board for battle rappers, I didn’t have any computer quality recording technology at home so I just started off written battling. Then as I progressed, I started recording my battles online and would win a few. Fast forward I started rapping and performing and actually have some of my old songs on my SoundCloud that I still cherish.

When I hit age 25 I started picking up Djing, but not just Hiphop, but House music and Techno (I love Electronica just as much as Hiphop).

I stopped writing and rapping for a long time, as I lost my mom in 2010 and my dad in 2016 so I’ve been wasting so much time, and I finally found the drive again to pursue my passion. Started making beats with Logic Pro and my Korg workstation for about 8 months.

With that said, the power of the message board is real. I met some cool friends on the last one. With social media kind of taking over, the message board kid of reserves its own legend. I’m happy to be here bro.
Me and another top guy here, like you, also had that period of "wasting time" / not doing music stuff. Seems maybe like a rite of passage. Glad you got back at it, look forward to your contributions and interacting with ya.

Speaking of the nostalgia and legend of message boards, this site also has a discord server, and a few of us frequent there a lot as well, it's like a subgroup within the group, but Fade (site owner) and a few other illOGs have started showing their faces in there too. Discord is newschool but also has throwback vibes to online messenger days, and is a real complementary part to the ill. We chat on there and post / battle here on the ill. Got a strong community vibe. Maybe we'll catch you in there at some point.

Love

BlackSwanFly

Welcome @BlackSwanFly and what’s your musical backstory and story behind your name and where can you be listened to?
What’s up OGBama :) “big clit energy” I love it though!!

So started off as a battle rapper, in my teenage years. Then I slowly progressed out of battle rap and started making more sociable songs that were more relatable to life. Did a bit of collabin back in the gap, I don’t know if you all heard of Scribbling Idiots or Sev Statik from New York, but did a track with them.

Started djing with the pioneer deck at different bars (mainly house music) and decided to stop putting off all the songs I had stuck in my head and buy a Daw and get to making beats! I would like to solidify relationships on here and learn most importantly. I am not a very social person by nature, can be introverted, so sometimes you have to find other ways to connect.

My SoundCloud is under BlackSwanFlyMusic
I have some older tracks there of me rapping and singing. But the page will be dedicated to my beats as I progress.

Peace to you.

BlackSwanFly

Story behind name. Sorry forgot this question. Reading is fundamental. I’m also very long winded too …damn… short story. It’s a play on words the “fly” can represent the cliche term in Hiphop but the real meaning is the verb “to fly”. I have an odd sentiment towards water birds. And the Black Swan is my favorite. It’s rare and it doesn’t fly in groups often, very on the ground it stays mostly :)

Im the other guy that @Iron Keys mentioned, I stopped making music and even listening to music for 7 years, came back recently with the plan to just do me and see how it goes, its gone pretty well. Thats an interesting backstory you have and I look forward to hearing you spit. Illmuzik really needs some more emcee talent and its great to have you on board.
Illmuzik is a rare little community of producers and a couple emcees, a relic from the days before social media.
Still going good and strong, I owe most of my ability to this place, illmuzik members taught me most of what I know.
If you are spitting that heat be ready for a queue at your door as we all scramble to get you on our beats, there will be hair pulled out, blood splattering all over the place, there will be casualities, wont be nice, but we are warriors, its how we roll.

BlackSwanFly

Im the other guy that @Iron Keys mentioned, I stopped making music and even listening to music for 7 years, came back recently with the plan to just do me and see how it goes, its gone pretty well. Thats an interesting backstory you have and I look forward to hearing you spit. Illmuzik really needs some more emcee talent and its great to have you on board.
Illmuzik is a rare little community of producers and a couple emcees, a relic from the days before social media.
Still going good and strong, I owe most of my ability to this place, illmuzik members taught me most of what I know.
If you are spitting that heat be ready for a queue at your door as we all scramble to get you on our beats, there will be hair pulled out, blood splattering all over the place, there will be casualities, wont be nice, but we are warriors, its how we roll.
I appreciate your story! Thank you for sharing. I am mostly focusing on producing now but I do have an itch to return to spitting. I would love to write some lyrics and record to some of y’all’s beat :) check out my SoundCloud to hear some of my rapping. Just look up black swan fly music. I’ll be Checking out your beats as well!

I appreciate your story! Thank you for sharing. I am mostly focusing on producing now but I do have an itch to return to spitting. I would love to write some lyrics and record to some of y’all’s beat :) check out my SoundCloud to hear some of my rapping. Just look up black swan fly music. I’ll be Checking out your beats as well!
Ill go and have a look now.

members online