Holy crap the announcement is Reason 6!!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
So I was backstage @ the Magic Mike show @ house of blues last night...and I was talking to this dude about music because Magic told him about the record he did with me...

Turns out this guy is one of the sound engineers for Propellerheads....and did sound engineering for Reason 6. He gave me some crazy inside info on Reason and also is giving me a free copy of Reason 6 when it releases...... I'm going to give it another go around....especially since it's free.. Lol.

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I have reason 5/record and i wont be buyin this at all,nothing changes enough in it for me

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
I have the SSL mixer,i got record,rip off that is reason 6 will not be bought by me

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Dude its $99 to upgrade and you get three amazing new devices. That is cheaper than one waves plugin. Also you get time stretch and audio transpose. They also have added a few gig of new sounds. And now everything is in one program. I have no idea how anyone can see that as a rip off.

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
I see it as a rip off cos i bought record full price not long ago and now they releasing a product that has 3 new things and nothing much else apart from sounds,i feel ripped off for paying what i already paid,if i bought it ages ago i would buy this

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
all in all if you cop this, your just paying a fuckin pain in the ass dongle requirement. or for props to demand that you be online to open your saved projects.
reason 5 was the shit as an update, it got some much needed love in the area of more soundbank, and an instrument module for those of you that cant break the pad habit. reason 6 is like a hundred bucks to say "hey you sure you bought our shit bra? no really, did you?"
half of the appeal of a program like reason is knowing that it's coded tightly to be resource efficient, and ready to run whenever your in need of laying down some tracks, IE on a laptop that dont really have room for dongle shit in the first place. my 2 USB slots are occupied by my MIDI controller, and a mouse. theres no way in hell im paying a hundred bucks to require a dongle.
i'll be sittin in the back with my copy of reaper rewired to reason 5 thank you very much. plus my plugs in reaper kick the $#!T out of the new featured 3 that theyre adding anyway.
rant over. kthxbai

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@daproduct

?? What are you talking about, you don't need to use the dongle. Reason 5 was an AMAZING upgrade. Dude they added sampling to EVERYTHING, HELLOO??? Not to mention doctor octo rex, blocks and a DRUM SYNTH. Have you used Reason 5 at all? Sorry dude you are totally being ignorant.

Also as a beta tester I can tell you that pulveriser alone is worth the money. That thing kicks the shit out of any waves plugin.

EDIT Oh snap, you said "the shit" not "is shit" my bad. But still Reason 6 is well worth the money.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
word, im all about reason 5! but reason 6 is like taking 5, cramming some extra crap that you dont really need into it, adding a dongle, and calling it wortha hundred bucks more... i could tear it up doing instrumentals with reason, and adding the features of record to it only makes it cluttered as shit UI wise, and the dongle is like saying fuck you to all the paying customers.

so like i said, ill use and abuse reason 5 as an instrument/effect rack til the day i die, but as far as recording and everything, ima stick to reaper. IF they ever come out with a version that doesnt require a dongle, i might go for that in the distant future, but calling it reason 6 and slapping a dongle on it doesnt fix ANYTHING.
like i said, the nice thing in my opinion was being able to run in on a laptop without uber components and finishing a whole instrumental without much time invested, mind you my laptop has 2 usb slots (used for mouse/midi keyboard). now we got some extra clutter, a god damned dongle (that i have NO room for), and next to null in the new feature department.
NOT WORTH MY MONEY, OR THE HASSLE.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Lol..

I knew this about a month ago.......

I was specifically told to not say anything about this.....but it's great if you are a reason owner...... You can pay like 10 bucks for Reason 6...lmao...how dope is that?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Kontents is going to try to trade a bowl of rice pilaf to get that.