How do you feel about sampling MP3?

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I prefer vinyl because you get a mish mash of quality, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I also enjoy digging for records a hell of a lot more than clicking links... plus there's a random factor that you can't find on the net when you're digging in some dusty crates. It's more of a lifestyle thing I think... To each their own though. Personally, it's the thrill of digging that lures me, the stories/memories.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Well Spotify is actually OGG not mp3 behind the scenes so it is a bit higher quality. But I just hated having my house so cluttered with vinyl and moving with it UGH. Now I just use my iphone like a deck and have a sampling playlist in spotify that put stuff in and its great to digital dig that way. I do miss digging for vinyl sometimes. But I don't know that I would ever go back. I am trying to keep my setup as simple as possible, sadly with some of the new work I have been doing I am going to have to make it a bit (or allot) more complex, so everything little thing I can do to simplify I will.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
k-bigpic.jpg

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I keep my collection small by rotating records in and out, keeping only select favorites. I only have about 200 records for sampling, and I give away a bunch every year. Collection stays small and manageable, no excess clutter like that image!

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
I'm happy there's mp3.
Sometimes i hear a sample on a Hip-Hop song and i feel like i could flip a sample way better.
That's when i can use whosampled.com
And use Soulseek to download the albums of the artist to sample

frankx

I sample from mp3 mainly because it's convenient and it saves space on my computer. I also go through a lot of blogs that provide a bunch load of music and it's all mp3. Two other reasons are that I don't have a decent turntable and just a few vinyl records. The second reason is that there aren't many vinyl shops here in Houston. It kinda sucks!