how many of you non-rapping producers wish you knew how to rap?

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
There are a lot of producers on here that know how to rap and there are some they dont know where to start. I was going through my beats and I was thinking to myself, I wish I knew how to rap, I would kill that shit. So I tried my hand at it, and I came up with some garbage ass lyrics. My wife was like, stick to producing....lol.

I wanted to know how many non-rapping producers wish they knew how to write, so they can kill they own shit?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yes.... all the time, i finish a beat and im playing it, and i like be rapping in my head without really thinking of any real rhymes, it would make it easier as you could actually finish a song yourself and not have to rely on sum garbage rapper to finish it off !
and it gives you that extra way to express yourself ! i've thought loads of times about starting but id probably be horrible so i mite stick to producing !

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Oh I wish... sometimes, when I do a tight beat I try to rhyme on it, using BS lyrics but with an OK flow.

Rhyming on my own stuff, I could kill my beats, cuz the lyrics would add to the final product. It would be a perfect match!!!

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
Rhyming on my own stuff, I could kill my beats, cuz the lyrics would add to the final product. It would be a perfect match!!!

Yeah...I think that is why people, like Dre or Kanye, do so well because its all them. Beats and Lyrics....they know where they want to go with it, so they make them match.

ill o.g.
thats how i got into doin beats. cuz i needed shit to rhyme on. like erkl said though, you gotta practice if you wanna get it/

Fabrik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Loose Cannon said:
thats how i got into doin beats. cuz i needed shit to rhyme on. like erkl said though, you gotta practice if you wanna get it/

Me too. But lately I havent wrote a single line. Gotta change that. People always askin when will I put something out. I just got a job as a telecomunication manager so that eats alot of my time but Hip Hop is my tru luv. Peace fam!

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Equelizer said:
My wife was like, stick to producing....lol.

Damn homie, wife? Does she know about Illmuzik booty of the week? lol

Nah, but I can't say I have that problem cause I have mad flows. I think with rapping you have to have a certain amount of natural talent, some people just can't do it no matter how much they practice. But if you do have that certain amount, you can definitely improve a lot through practice.

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
Loose Cannon said:

It was just a thought. I am not about to start writing. Producing is my thang, I think that its one of my strongest talents. I love to arrange and bang shit out.:dj:

S

Svenghali

Equelizer said:
Yeah...I think that is why people, like Dre or Kanye, do so well because its all them. Beats and Lyrics....they know where they want to go with it, so they make them match.

Dre doesn't write. He has ghost writers. S. Dot Carter is one writer he's used frequently over the years. Kanye writes all of his own material. But hands down, my favorite producer/emcee is Jay Dee a.k.a. J-Dilla (formerly of Slum Village). But I feel you. I tried emceein' myself and other credible rappers have told me I write well and my delivery is on point, but I'm alot like the great Jimi Hendrix...I can't stand the sound of my own voice. Plus, I like to play the back and I don't dig nothin' about the spotlight.

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
o-a-ksavage said:
Damn homie, wife? Does she know about Illmuzik booty of the week? lol

;) Hell nall she dont know....lol....

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I have nothing to rap about, I dont have a message to the world except to make beatz n smoke one every once in a while.

ill o.g.
Equelizer said:
It was just a thought. I am not about to start writing. Producing is my thang, I think that its one of my strongest talents. I love to arrange and bang shit out.:dj:

i understand. but alotta people say they dont got time. i believe it, but i dont even write no more, i been gettin into just freestyling. its the best shit todo. we get cyphers goin, just blast the boombox and everybody pass itoff after 8 bars.
if youwanna get started, just try freestylin whileyour makin a beat. imo, itsworth the time of practicing.

lc

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
I have nothing to rap about, I dont have a message to the world except to make beatz n smoke one every once in a while.

Thats the way it is with me.. lol.. I can rap and write lyrics pretty good. But i don't have anything to say.. Hell i barely talk.. lol.. So i just focus on production. But i write for others tho..

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I wish I could rap once in a while. Cuz face it, most of the MCs are such slackers. It takes 1 year to complete a track if it gets completed at all.
I'm not saying all MCs are like that, but many of the ones I've worked with.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Formant024 said:

Same here... I have nothing to say... and I wouldnt want to make beats about

a) my phat whip,
b) my bank account or
c) my bling,

cuz they are...

a) the bus, the subway (and my sneakers)
b) close to empty... lol
c) inexistant